Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:14
Nitro with all your traveling and you have never been to Ireland??
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:28

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Nitro with all your traveling and you have never been to Ireland??

My dad was a detective for years and so obviously couldn' t go, so no, i' ve never been to Ireland.

Would i really want to?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:32

My dad was a detective for years and so obviously couldn' t go, so no, i' ve never been to Ireland.

Huh? What' s the relevance?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:37
Nitro, the ukraine is fantastic, although like many former soviet bloc countries, it is full of corruption, Kharkov (Kharkiv) is very nice.

I think Nitro is referring to the troubles in Ireland and the fact that constabulary weren' t welcome then

< Message edited by alijay034 -- 8 Feb 08 23:39:33 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:41
Well, I only lived in Spain until I was like one and a half, so I don' t count Europe as a place I' ve been to. I' ve lived all my life in Panama and when I was little, I got to go to Puerto Rico and Florida. Then when I was 12, I went to a boarding school in Kansas during my summer (which is January-March), where I learned my English My family was I guess Middle-to-uppish class back then, so I got to experience that.

Now that my family is not so well anymore, I' ve done all my traveling by myself. I didn' t wanted to stay at home, so I decided to take my chances and asked for a job at the same boarding school I went to as a kid, and they gave me one, so I moved to Kansas, where I paid for my schooling. The job gave me some real nice perks, so I got to see a lot of Kansas, plus between my job and college, I got to travel to Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado and New York. During my vacations, I manage to go to Las Vegas and California, where I am currently living.

At this moment, I am unemployed, and since I am not American, it doesn' t make things easier for me to get a job, specially in California where they have become a little bit more nit-picky due to all the illegal immigrants.

As of this moment, I have about seven months left on my Visa here in the US, so like I was telling Nitro a while back, I' ve begun to look for jobs in Europe, since my passport is European. Or any country for that matter. I am only 22, so I guess that part of me wanting to see the world, even if means doing odd-jobs comes from my adventurous spirit. And part of it is because I' ve always wanted better things for myself, even if it means that I' ll have to be away from my family. I am also terrified to go back to Panama. Not in a scared type of way, but I just don' t feel at home there, even when I' ve lived my entire life there. I do want to see the world, and at least visit my home country before my time is up.
Nitro

RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:42

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I think Nitro is referring to the troubles in Ireland and the fact that constabulary weren' t welcome then

Yup. The IRA threatened to kidnap or kill British police officers if they were found in Ireland and so they were advised (or rather told) not to go.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 07:51
I had issues when I went to the Ukraine, due to my service record.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 08:00

Yup. The IRA threatened to kidnap or kill British police officers if they were found in Ireland and so they were advised (or rather told) not to go.

Crazy. That' s the kind of bullshit I don' t have to worry about.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 08:10

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: Mass X

...and most of all... Ukraine

Ive dated a Ukrainian does that count?

Only if you' ve climbed her peaks and explored the cave

Woohoo! I been to the Ukraine!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 10:00

I know a couple of you guys are minors... but i find it perplexing that your parents never took you on holiday as children. I know a lot of relatively poor people here but most of them have been abroad... usually to popular European tourist destinations like Spain, Greece, Portugal etc... I don' t think i know anybody who has never been out of the country

As mentioned earlier here, it' s not like I live in Europe where it' s a few hour' s drive to the next country. I just never really grew up with it as a part of my lifestyle.

I' d love to make the rounds in a few years when I' m not a legal-dependent. Just save up a bit of money, and make a round trip of Europe. Hit the UK, at least Wales and Ireland, then hop over into France and Germany. I never cared for Spain or Portugal much, I can' t say I' d be too interested in hitting them. The Ukraine would be interesting, but I hear Georgia' s positively gorgeous.

Nitro, more questions for you. How do you get by the language barrier when you' re in all these countries? Lots of pointing and mumbling, and waving of Euros?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 11:42
I have been to Nepal and sri lanka .

I will mostly move to the US next year for my graduate studies .
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 12:23

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Where do you live, 2pac? And what school are you going to?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 14:53

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Where do you live, 2pac? And what school are you going to?

I live in India . I have applied to USC(Intelligent robotics) and University of Georgia(MS in AI) .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 9 Feb 08 6:58:37 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 09, 2008 15:34
AI' s are fun to make.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 10, 2008 03:14

As mentioned earlier here, it' s not like I live in Europe where it' s a few hour' s drive to the next country.

Wait a second, man, don' t you live in Michigan or something? It is a few hour' s drive to the next country!

Canada is the only other country I' ve visited, in Vancouver BC. I got my Passport last year though, one of the last ones before they put the radio tracking chips in them! I had plans to tour Europe, a music tour that is, but the other artist who was to travel with me didn' t get it together. I would still like to do that within the next couple of years.

Within the U.S. I' ve been to almost all the contiguous states, except in the Northeast. NYC is the farthest Northeast I' ve ventured yet.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 12, 2008 01:28

Thankfully the Troubles are now over. Now I could go on and on about the Troubles but I won' t. Alot of you know all about it anyway. Most tourists that come to Ireland are from Britain and the US.

Would i really want to?

If someone was coming to Ireland I would recommend the west of the country, fantastic scenery and then there is Galway city, friendly people, great nightlife, just ask Silent! Dublin is good craic as well but pretty expensive.

I have been to the US, Canada and England. Haven' t been out of the country now in over 4 years though, money, money, money....

I' d love to visit Ireland

You will feel right at home here Eddie! 10% of our population is ginger!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 11 Feb 08 17:32:56 >
Nitro

RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 12, 2008 03:16

ORIGINAL: Duffman

Holy hell! Count me out then, ...i might catch it!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 12, 2008 07:29
You dont catch it.

It catchs you.
Nitro

RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 14, 2008 08:08

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Nitro, more questions for you. How do you get by the language barrier when you' re in all these countries? Lots of pointing and mumbling, and waving of Euros?

Depends where really.

The more popular European tourist destinations like Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal etc... are never a problem because the majority of people who live there understand English. It' s only when you venture out into the countryside that things can get tricky if you don' t know the language.

When i was working in France we would go into one of a couple of neighbouring towns at night and ordering drinks and stuff in French becomes second nature, ...but while i can manage basic conversations, getting to know the girls and keep them interested was a nightmare, and some people who you know understand you just pretend not to because they thing you should speak their language in their country (and rightly so).

I' ve never really had any problems with the language barrier in Western Europe, but Eastern Europe can be a pain. Again, the more touristy the place the greater the concentration of people who speak English, and again, ordering food and drinks becomes second nature after a while... but try explaining to a very offended pimp that you' re not interested in his skanky wares when you' re in a foreign country!

China wasn' t a problem because we had a translator and in countries like Africa and Russia i was traveling with friends who have lived there so there have never been any real problems there.

Plus, you can always buy a phrase book. They' ll come in handly in most places (well, except for the places where you need to inject copius amount of phlem into your words )

If somebody was planning on traveling, i' d recommend:

Barcelona in Spain (fantastic beaches, cathedrals, food and shops)

Palermo in Italy (where you can get some of the best dress shirts, shoes and suits in the world)

The Czech Republic in general.

Mauritius (godly beaches)

Moscow and St Petersburg in Russia (the most beautiful girls and most insane clubs - some holding up to 4000 people and many taying open from 11am - 6am)

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nowhere? Somewhere? Everywhere? - Feb 15, 2008 00:19

Wait a second, man, don' t you live in Michigan or something? It is a few hour' s drive to the next country!

A handful of minutes actually. I don' t consider going to Canada vacationing. It' s not different enough from the states for me to bother venturing to, at least not until you head further northwest.

but try explaining to a very offended pimp that you' re not interested in his skanky wares when you' re in a foreign country!

Yeah, that' s comforting. If I ever were to go, I' d hit Dublin, or a city similar for a day, & then spend the rest in the countryside. Large cities in general have too much in common around the world for me to warrant going to them for any long period of time. I' d far rather take off the beaten path and go somewhere not surrounded by obese fanny-packed folks and their guided tours.[:' (]
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 Feb 08 16:23:32 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread