Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quez get RROD the same weekend his cat dies,and DMC4 with extra shipping fee arrives!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Quez get RROD the same weekend his cat dies,and DMC4 with extra shipping fee arrives! - Feb 07, 2008 05:07
Bastards.[:' (]

It' d make sense to do so, but there have been plenty of cases of people receiving the same unit back, with a quick solder reflowing, only to die the next day.

Microsoft has finally brightened up, and instead of waiting for the new 65nm GPUs, have already replaced their X-clamps in Elites (confirmed in Elites, rumored in others) with bolts, as was done months prior in the modding scene.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Quez get RROD the same weekend his cat dies,and DMC4 with extra shipping fee arrives! - Feb 07, 2008 07:27

Microsoft has finally brightened up, and instead of waiting for the new 65nm GPUs, have already replaced their X-clamps in Elites (confirmed in Elites, rumored in others) with bolts, as was done months prior in the modding scene.

They' re still dropping like flies.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Quez get RROD the same weekend his cat dies,and DMC4 with extra shipping fee arrives! - Feb 07, 2008 22:05
Quez, sorry to hear about your situation. As they say, things come in three' s, so only one more to get out the way.

It' s quite crazy actually, your first 360 RROD roughly the same time as mine and mine has just this week gone tits up itself.

My synth died the week before that and my comps new 650gb primary HD the week before. I' ve had my three now, hope your third is something minor!

As for the repair, I actually got my original unit back, that or MS did a " ringer" and changed serial number stickers over - even the manf. date was the same, all my mates consoles have certainly seemed new so perhaps as I was one of the first or because I threw a shit-fit at them as they turned it round in less than a week.

This one I have to join the queue the same as everyone else!

How long are people waiting for their new unit these days?

At least I get a 3yr warranty now.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Quez get RROD the same weekend his cat dies,and DMC4 with extra shipping fee arrives! - Feb 08, 2008 00:33

They' re still dropping like flies.

No, the Elites manufactured pre-September are dropping like flies. As I said when the Elite first launched, the secondary heat sink and epoxied chips wouldn' t provide adequate heat-dissapation and warp-prevention, and guess what? They weren' t!

They replaced the X-clamps with bolts in mid September, and the improved boards hit stores later that month.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 7 Feb 08 16:34:18 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread