Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 74
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 20:51

and more importantly enjoy their traditional Killers like MG and the the soon to come SSBB, im happy. [/*** the animation, movement, scaling and overall fluidness of this game puts most PS3, 360 titles to shame, Nintendo are the king of optimization alright.[color

Yeah once in a decade.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 21:42

Thanks VF.

I can' t believe Ghost Squad is selling better than CoD4 on PS3. Not only that, but IMAGINE: BABIES is selling better than Drakes Fortune???

It' s criminal

In all fairness ild dout GS would ever sell anywhere near the overall sales as COD4.. COD4 has been at the top of the charts since release and is expectedly going slowly down.

BABIES, Yuk, these titles really get my blood boiling.. 3rd party dross..

I am not trying to start a fanboy fight or anything but i cant stand when good games dont sell . These types of games might be suited for cetain people but when games like uncharted dont sell and i see these games hogging sales i cant stand it .

I' m just as angry as you about good games not selling well But what has this got to do with causal Games selling well?, do you really expect these flock of new gamers (who were attracted by the likes of Brain training, Wii sports ECT in the first place) to go and pick up a PS3 and a copy of Uncharted? Not gonna happen, if they was interesting in these types of games, they would of brought a Megadrive / Snes or something as a kid, thus being a ' core' gamer.

Its the Dumb PS3 owners you should be angry with for not supporting and going out and buying its good titles.

Not only that but i have a feeling if Uncharted was to be released on 360 it would of sold really well. So i also blame the PS3 / Sony' s strategy aswell as it' s owners.

Yeah once in a decade

Greyfox, sounds like your just coping what alot of people in forums say who haven' t a clue what their talking about.

Go and find the complete list of inhouse Nintendo Titles made in the last..say 5 years and tell me ONE company that has contributed anywhere near as much Good to Great titles that cover anywhere near as much creative, genre-pushing variety as Nintendo have.. If you do, i' ll send you my PS3 with a copy of VF5 and Uncharted

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 27 Jan 08 13:52:51 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 21:46

the the soon to come SSBB

I never found SSB very appealing! Playing through COD4 now and it shits over anything Nintendo has produced in the last 10 years. (WW is just about as good as the sole exception)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 21:57

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Not only that but i have a feeling if Uncharted was to be released on 360 it would of sold really well.

It would have done 1M+ day one on 360
Nitro

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 22:01

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Playing through COD4 now and it shits over anything Nintendo has produced in the last 10 years. (WW is just about as good as the sole exception)

Some men like other guys. Not me though, I like women! But not every guy who likes women will like the same women i like. It' s a matter of taste.

Now i' d like to be able to say that every guy who likes women but doesn' t like the women i like has bad taste, ...but i can' t, ...because that would make me an ignorant fuckhead.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 22:02

It would have done 1M+ day one on 360

Yep, 360 owners would of lapped that game up " just another great game to add to my collection" .

BTW, Has PS3 got a Million selling game yet?
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 27, 2008 22:04

Some men like other guys. Not me though, I like women! But not every guy who likes women will like the same women i like. It' s a matter of taste.

Now i' d like to be able to say that every guy who likes women but doesn' t like the women i like has bad taste, ...but i can' t, ...because that would make me an ignorant ***head.

You know I fully agree with what your stating, taste is everything. I just believe i have better taste than everyone else. It sorta comes with megalomania!
Nitro

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 00:19

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

BTW, Has PS3 got a Million selling game yet?

A couple. Nothing like the best selling software on 360 but i know that both Resistance and MotorStorm have passed 2M sold.

Uncharted is probably close to a mil, but on 360 it would have passed 2mil by now easy - probably more.
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 00:27

Uncharted is probably close to a mil, but on 360 it would have passed 2mil by now easy - probably more.

Sony should have thrown a massive add campaign at Uncharted, that would have moved both consoles and games.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 01:28
At uncharted specifically? Huh, that' s an interesting theory. In my opinion, it would make more sense to try to capitalize on the after-Christmas shopping market by pushing their new(ish) lower price point harder than they have, more than a few (albiet cool) TV spots. It' s been stated that they' ve reduced component costs quite far now, so a console & Uncharted bundle perhaps?
Vx Chemical

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 01:40

At uncharted specifically?

Look at how far Gears got from massive add campaigns! It was a totally new franchise, while gears might look more appealing in commercials a lot could have been done to add to the sales.

I havent seen a single PS3 TV ad in denmark, when PS2 launched, the third place ads were everywhere!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 02:06

Look at how far Gears got from massive add campaigns! It was a totally new franchise, while gears might look more appealing in commercials a lot could have been done to add to the sales.

I suppose that' s a good point, but Gears had an exorbitant amount of hype pushed on it for months and months before the launch. Uncharted has somewhat snuck up on the market. Not that I wouldn' t like to see anything by Naughty Dog do well, they' re one of my favorite developers, but I' m not sure it would have the same effect.

I havent seen a single PS3 TV ad in denmark, when PS2 launched, the third place ads were everywhere!

Really? I see ' em on TV all the time, the ones with Saliva playing in the background.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 02:50

Really? I see ' em on TV all the time, the ones with Saliva playing in the background.

Unfortunately, while those ads are a step in the right direction, Sony still has to back up their big guns with big ads, like Vx said. All of the big PS3 titles this year, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Lair (crap or not, it was one of their big ones) I know only cause of the internet, but most people out there aren' t like us that investigate into the game industry, they are more contempt watching the stocks increases and falls in the news, as well as the Paris Hilton f8ck ups.

Is not that Microsoft is going out of its way to advertise something like Tenchu Z, but their two biggest franchises go well beyond expectation, and a lot of that can be attributed to their marketing. Halo was a true and tried franchise, but for Gears being the new boy in town, it did much better than just great sales. And hype can only take a game so far. In the case of Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Lair, they were all pretty hyped titles, but they are not Final Fantasies or Halos, that there is not only hype, but an already established, strong fan base.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 04:16

At uncharted specifically? Huh, that' s an interesting theory. In my opinion, it would make more sense to try to capitalize on the after-Christmas shopping market by pushing their new(ish) lower price point harder than they have, more than a few (albiet cool) TV spots. It' s been stated that they' ve reduced component costs quite far now, so a console & Uncharted bundle perhaps?

Thats on the right track, but why not both? Just use an Uncharted commercial and throw on a 15 second bit at the end showing a PS3 with the price in big bold numbers that a blind person couldnt miss.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 28, 2008 05:19
According to the most recent issue of Game Informer, Sony spent $150 million on that holiday PS3 ad campaign. I only watch television when visiting my Mom' s place (I just watch movies at home) but I saw those PS3 ads dozens of times in December. I don' t recall seeing any 360 ads. So, with the PS3 still getting hugely outsold for the holiday season, I have to wonder if there' s much more Sony can do. Maybe advertising specific games would help. (Correct me if I' m wrong, but I recall hearing that M$ spent $10 million on the Halo 3 ad campaign.) But maybe the Playstation brand name just seems old and less appealing now.
< Message edited by zoy -- 27 Jan 08 21:20:32 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 03:35

Playstation brand name just seems old and less appealing now.
Its not the name, its the price and the games, both of which will be fixed by the end of this year.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 04:15
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 05:09

Its not the name, its the price and the games, both of which will be fixed by the end of this year.

I don' t know what it' s like where you live, but right now in Canada you can pick up a 40GB PS3 for the same price as a Premium 360 so price shouldn' t be an issue with the PS3 anymore.

BTW I have a thought. With the sub par sales on the PS3 for games like Uncharted, and to an extent UTIII, does this now give credence to the assumption that people buy the PS3 as a blu-ray player firstly, and of course whether this was Sony' s big plan the whole time with the PS3?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 05:39

BTW I have a thought. With the sub par sales on the PS3 for games like Uncharted, and to an extent UTIII, does this now give credence to the assumption that people buy the PS3 as a blu-ray player firstly, and of course whether this was Sony' s big plan the whole time with the PS3?

Well, I for one have firsthand seen a good chunk of its problems.

I have over 10 good friends with ps3' s, and all but two of them have 360' s. The two without 360' s bought games like Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, CoD4, etc, but the rest of us only bought a couple ps3 games, and a lot of 360 games.

When it comes right down to it, I played my ps3 a lot before I got my 360, and now I barely play it at all, excluding my time on Rock Band. I beat Uncharted, but I didn' t buy it since I had already bought 6 xbox games in the month or so prior.

In my eyes, you will play your ps3 a lot if you don' t have a 360, but if you have a 360, you won' t play it nearly as much. Almost every multi-platform game is better on 360 if you have live, including Burnout and CoD4, both games that are no worse looking or performing on the ps3.

As for being used as a blu ray player, I certainly know a lot of guys that do buy blu rays for it, but none of us bought it with the intention of using it more for movies than games.

I see this all changing in 2008 where I expect to play my ps3 at least as much as my 360. MGS4, LittleBigPlanet!, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Echochrome, Steet Fighter HD Remix, GT5, Motorstorm 2(maybe), Final Fantasy(maybe), are all gonna be huge games for me and so far I don' t see the 360 with a better lineup of games.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Wii Tie Ratio at 8:1 in December - Jan 29, 2008 05:53

Greyfox, sounds like your just coping what alot of people in forums say who haven' t a clue what their talking about.

Go and find the complete list of inhouse Nintendo Titles made in the last..say 5 years and tell me ONE company that has contributed anywhere near as much Good to Great titles that cover anywhere near as much creative, genre-pushing variety as Nintendo have.. If you do, i' ll send you my PS3 with a copy of VF5 and Uncharted

I was talking about Mario and Super Smash titles.Last mario game was released when? on 1996? (dont know about you but i dont count Mario Sunshine as a true sequel to M64)
And as far as i know theres only one Super Smash title per console so you wont see the next one after Brawl until the next console.

I dont visit other forums lol. Im busy with my studies that i have time to only visit this forum from time to time and post a couple of times every now and then.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 74

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message