Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 03:11
True, but where do you draw the line, and in what direction? At what point is it fair usage of copyrighted material, and at what point is it too detrimental to the copyright holder to be fair?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Jan 08 19:12:13 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 04:17
The line is whether the source/creators of the material want you to have it or not. With TiVo the TV guys are paying for the content and want you to see it on their channel. So you' re recording something thats been given to you.

You take another persons recorded TiVo stuff and your taking something that wasn' t given to ' you' , it was meant for another household.

You download a game off the internet that was only meant for retail, your blatently taking without permission = blatent stealing. Sure you can steal to stick it to the man, or even deal pirated copies, but its no better than EA ripping you off in the first place. If you dont like their games, dont play them.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 07:12

Sure you can steal to stick it to the man, or even deal pirated copies, but its no better than EA ripping you off in the first place. If you dont like their games, dont play them.

I my self have been trying to bring ea down. All I can do is stick it to the man. But I hear what you are saying .
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 08:11

You download a game off the internet that was only meant for retail, your blatently taking without permission = blatent stealing. Sure you can steal to stick it to the man, or even deal pirated copies, but its no better than EA ripping you off in the first place. If you dont like their games, dont play them.

I agree. I don' t pirate game software. I was making a general statement on piracy.

The line is whether the source/creators of the material want you to have it or not. With TiVo the TV guys are paying for the content and want you to see it on their channel. So you' re recording something thats been given to you.

That' s not a bad argument, but by that standpoint, I shouldn' t let my friends watch my mega-package cable television because they didn' t pay for the channels.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 19 Jan 08 0:11:26 >
choupolo

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 09:41
If its within your household then I guess there should be a set number of people who you can have round to watch stuff. I think they would take exception to you setting up a cinema hall and charging for entry for example, whereas a few friends would of course be ok.

I suppose since noone could ever enforce a set limit, its left up to common decency. And I suppose therein lies the crux of the matter.

I my self have been trying to bring ea down. All I can do is stick it to the man. But I hear what you are saying .

Its probably futile to try to take EA down, companies like them will always exist. Piracy only harms the small devs. The only thing we can do is buy games made by the competiting devs if their game is any better. Support a competing dev who can steal more sales from the bigger companies than just your single potential sale.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 09:43
Yeah, selling tickets would be illegal, but I' m a peer-to-peer proponent. I don' t support dirty profiteers.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 11:58

And Agent, dude, lay off the smack, that thing will kill your brain!

My brain doesn' t seem to mind. With the frequency I smoke, I suffer no serious longterm effects. It' s less than once a month with me. The alcohol does far more damage. Even that is not excessive. I' m still in great shape, mentally and physically.

Besides even if I abuse my brain, it still works better than 98% of the population.

It' s my philosophy to enjoy myself whenever I get the chance. Boredom is a disease and weed is the cure. It also relieves stress/anxiety and has many other health advantages. I don' t even care about my health, only pansies are conserned about such futile distractions. We' re going to die anyways, we might as well enjoy the little time we have.

More to the point, I don' t appreciate fear mongering towards something you know little about. Maybe you would say you' re high on life, me too. I just like to lace it with something a little more rewarding.
choupolo

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 22:47
I' ve kinda studied this, apparently weed can be a ' trigger' for longterm psychological effects and occasionally schizophrenia in those that were already genetically susceptible to it.

For most people its harmless. And alcohol is a much more dangerous drug.

After my sisters dope years, she went into a cycle of severe depression and psychosis for no reason. Shes better now but still not herself, and nowhere near as sharp. Who' s to say it was the marajuana, could' ve been any one of the other drugs she was taking, but I' d rather not risk it myself.

Dope just slows you down, hence the name, and you just look like a dope. I like being able to think sharp. Plus I think the shit stinks!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Jan 08 14:48:53 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread