Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 82
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 06:00

Theyre leeches on the economy and the government. Taking and giving nothing back.

Oh really? Because from what I' ve seen, you' ve just described rich people.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 06:35
Touche
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 08:06

You act like a fukwit so you get treated like a fukwit, homey.

Thats funny .

Im not MikayD, I dont need you to dumb shit down to ebonics for me.

What a shot in the dark.
Man you still mad about that suck my dick comment. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

By the way that gansta look does not work for you. Try some martha stewart.
You really cant argue with majik my man. Your better off fighting with emofag or somthing.

Gangsta lol . I wont even go there.

Anybody checked out the new geometry wars coming out. I hear its something special.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 15 Jan 08 0:07:11 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 09:26

EDIT: I hated most games on the N64 actually, couldn' t stand the controller.

What! N64 controller was genius! The only flaw was after alot of use (or a session of Mario Party) the 3d stick would fuck up. And another thing was the strange grey gunk that collected at the bottom of the 3d stick. Apart from that though it was a fantastic pad. Wasn' t it the first pad to have a trigger?
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 10:15

What! N64 controller was genius! The only flaw was after alot of use (or a session of Mario Party) the 3d stick would *** up. And another thing was the strange grey gunk that collected at the bottom of the 3d stick. Apart from that though it was a fantastic pad. Wasn' t it the first pad to have a trigger?

N64 FTW, I played the **** out of it at Eddie' s house whenever I would go over(flashback time<corny flashback music in the background> <ethereal voice> I remember playing SSB and pausing randomly to take advantage of the horrible collision detection and laugh at the awkward positions the characters got themselves in........hours of fun. flashback ends). That was sad.

Also we are good dan, but I can understand how it gets. No one respects you when you are spittin your dope ass rhymes cuz you is a white man who had it hard, but can' t get recognized in a single race dominated area of the music biz.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 10:22

I remember playing SSB and pausing randomly to take advantage of the horrible collision detection and laugh at the awkward positions the characters got themselves in........hours of fun. flashback ends). That was sad.

Y' know. Now I' m going to have to go play that again.

Something tells me my juvenile sense of humor will get the better of me, and I' ll still find Luigi and Fox McCloud doing the digital nasty rather funny.

Also we are good dan, but I can understand how it gets. No one respects you when you are spittin your dope ass rhymes cuz you is a white man who had it hard, but can' t get recognized in a single race dominated area of the music biz.

....No. There will be none of that.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 10:27
So, moving back on topic. I think this merits a bit of serious discussion.

Do you think that " retro" titles, especially early 3D transition titles like those found on the Nintendo 64 still have a place in the average gamer' s library? I hear people complain that many of their favorite titles simply haven' t survived the test of time, and are far less fun now than they were when they first played them. This combined with flaws in recreation, such as poor emulation kill the retro experience for a lot of people. How important do you think games like Goldeneye, Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, and Perfect Dark are going to be in the big three' s grand scheme?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 14:17

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

So, moving back on topic. I think this merits a bit of serious discussion.

Do you think that " retro" titles, especially early 3D transition titles like those found on the Nintendo 64 still have a place in the average gamer' s library? I hear people complain that many of their favorite titles simply haven' t survived the test of time, and are far less fun now than they were when they first played them. This combined with flaws in recreation, such as poor emulation kill the retro experience for a lot of people. How important do you think games like Goldeneye, Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, and Perfect Dark are going to be in the big three' s grand scheme?

As sad as it is, in the grand scheme of things those titles mean next to nothing these days. They' ve come, redefined their genre' s, and then gone. Those of us who were there at the time loved them for the simple reason that they were awesome games. But bringing them back now is only really going to attract a bit of nostalgia from existing hardcore gamers, who already have the system in most cases. It' s not going to attract new gamers. It' s not going to move units off the shelf. The big three are all about expanding the market and appealing to new gamers. New gamers are not going to look at Goldeneye and say " Wow that' s an awesome game!" . They' re going to point out how crappy it looks, how cumbersome the controls are, how archaic the gameplay is, and then proceed to buy Halo 3.

I see bringing back old games as:
At best, a thankyou or acknowledgement to their existing hardcore fans
At worst, another tick in a checklist used to one-up the competition and milking that extra tiny bit of cash from every possible source.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 16:14
Agreed. Even among hardcore gamers there are relatively few who really respect the achievements of game designers from as little as five years ago, much less ten or more. There' s a mass of stupid, mouth-breathing rabble who merely scoff " that' s gay" and slog on their shitbrained way in search of the next big thing.
Torr

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 21:23
I believe in the mass market games like goldeneye don' t mean much, but I feel that most of the Arcade games aren' t meant for everyone so I don' t know how viable that is.
< Message edited by Torr -- 15 Jan 08 13:23:29 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 15, 2008 22:18

ORIGINAL: Duffman

Wasn' t it the first pad to have a trigger?

Yeah, though SEGA got NiGHTS and the 3D pad (which had analog triggers) to just 4 weeks later.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 00:52

What a shot in the dark.
Man you still mad about that suck my dick comment. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

Go back to your Fail, AIDs, and chicken. My man yo.

When was rap a black dominated industry? Oh yeah, the 90' s. Quick trivia fact, Eminem is the best selling rap artist of all time. But I dont want to rap, I dont know where you unfunny fags got that idea, but whatever.

Thats why remakes and updates are better than emulation. For example, if they redid the graphics on goldeneye to about the PS2/Xbox1 level, added online multiplayer, and put it on Arcade or PSN, even people who didnt play the original would appreciate it for a decent looking cheap but fun arcade shooter.
Torr

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 01:28

When was rap a black dominated industry? Oh yeah, the 90' s. Quick trivia fact, Eminem is the best selling rap artist of all time. But I dont want to rap, I dont know where you unfunny fags got that idea, but whatever.

I was just fuckin with you man. I am done now.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 03:04

But I dont want to rap, I dont know where you unfunny fags got that idea, but whatever.

Please don' t tell me you want to be a poet. lulz
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 03:21

Just because you use a form of creative expression doesnt mean you want to do that as a career or lifestyle.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 03:30

lol

I think Danmx is right about remakes being the better way to go. I mean, after playing the REmake, it would take a fricking mountain of effort for me to go back an play the original PS Resident Evil. Though I think by offering them online and having the backward compatibility at least gives the chance to people who never played them to experience some of the best moments in the video game history. Sure, our breed of gamers (you know, those that have played games since their inception as a mainstream form with the NES) is slowly perishing, and most likely the ones that' ll se those emulations are those gamers that have heard us talking about how great games like Goldeneye, Final Fantasy VII and Mario 64 were, and once they experience it, then they' ll just talk about the shitty games they are. After all, is not like Goldeneye can compete with Halo, or FFVII with FFXII and Mario 64 with Galaxy.

I thinks its important to give the choice, and I know there are game series I replay cause I enjoy them (MGS anyone?) so even when they haven' t withstood the test of time, they are at least important in the libraries of gamers like us, who loved them, talk about them and respect them, even when we don' t go back and play most of them anymore.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 05:31

Eminem is the one best selling rap artist of all time.
Not the best.

When was rap a black dominated industry? Oh yeah, the 90' s.

Like right now 2008 .
Given that its all crap and watered down and the fact I don' t understand a word of it. I could care less if they were green or blue.

So what do you think of Lupe Fiascos the cool . Now that is a album I can jam with . Great subjects Great flow just a Great all around artist.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 08:05
RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry

Seriously though, I do like some rap music.

Yeah, though SEGA got NiGHTS and the 3D pad (which had analog triggers) to just 4 weeks later.

Was the pad any good?
< Message edited by Duffman -- 16 Jan 08 0:14:44 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 08:19

Just because you use a form of creative expression doesnt mean you want to do that as a career or lifestyle.

I know, I was just fucking with you.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 16, 2008 12:47
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 82

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages