Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 07:11
I really don' t see the point anymore of anyone caring if it comes to the 360 or not. I mean, if you are really that desperate in wanting to play MGS4 then just go out and get yourself a PS3.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 07:36
If it were confirmed, there wouldn' t be a question mark in the thread' s title.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 08:06

I really don' t see the point anymore of anyone caring if it comes to the 360 or not. I mean, if you are really that desperate in wanting to play MGS4 then just go out and get yourself a PS3.

Not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars for just one game. More importantly though is the fact that MGS4 is a game that can nail the coffin for the PS3 if it becomes available on 360. PS3 needs this exclusive.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 08:36

Not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars for just one game. More importantly though is the fact that MGS4 is a game that can nail the coffin for the PS3 if it becomes available on 360. PS3 needs this exclusive.

I agree with your comment that PS3 needs MGS4, but with the price cut on the PS3 down to $399 here in Canada the price point just can' t be used as an argument anymore.

Furthermore, for $399 you are not just going to get one game. You are getting a console that will give you Drakes Uncharted, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, Haze, Final Fantasy, Yakuza 3, and little big planet to just name a few not to mention a quality Blu-Ray player.

And hey, if gamers were willing to go out and spend close to $400 on a 360 just to play Halo 3, then I believe that a title like MGS4 can be a system seller and make a lot of people overlook that $399 PS3 price to have the chance to play this game. That is what Sony needs to do when marketing this game. Let gamers know that MGS4 is worth picking up a PS3. And once people latch onto that idea, they will get to see everything that the PS3 has to offer.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 08:58
You don' t have to sell the thing to me, I already have mine.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 10:21

And hey, if gamers were willing to go out and spend close to $400 on a 360 just to play Halo 3, then I believe that a title like MGS4 can be a system seller and make a lot of people overlook that $399 PS3 price to have the chance to play this game.
The difference is, you could put the word " Halo" and the Halo 3 insignia on a kia sophia and people would buy it. Then they wouldn' t have to practically give those things away
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 10:26
I believe MGS " should" be more of a system seller than Halo, after all, it is a way better game than Halo when everything is taken into account. It just so happens that it caters to a specific audience. I guess it could be seen as Halo=Star Wars (popular entertainment) while MGS=The Godfather (very successful, though only a certain audience enjoys these films)
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 11:25
The last time I played MGS the only entertainment I got was from laughing at terrible A.I. while walking down a hallway in a box.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 12:50
The MGS series pretty much died for me after the the Snake mission in MGS2. I hold the first MGS in very high regard though, one of the best games ever. MGS2 was decent and the third I couldn' t even bring myself to get half way through it.

I consider Halo a better series even with the horrible second installment. Halo' s great single player and addictive multiplayer attached to a very user friendly control scheme make it a great system seller. An MGS style game just can' t match that.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 15:08

The last time I played MGS the only entertainment I got was from laughing at terrible A.I. while walking down a hallway in a box.

I don' t think you can really attribute that to horrible AI... it was obviously meant to be humorous. The humor of the series is one thing that sets it apart from games that take themselves too seriously. GAMES.
Chimura

RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 16:02
Zoy is right, the MGS humor is second to none.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 18:01

ORIGINAL: Chimura

I believe MGS " should" be more of a system seller than Halo, after all, it is a way better game than Halo when everything is taken into account. It just so happens that it caters to a specific audience. I guess it could be seen as Halo=Star Wars (popular entertainment) while MGS=The Godfather (very successful, though only a certain audience enjoys these films)

Since when was a Halo and MGS comparison viable?

If you' re really talking system sellers, am I correct in understanding that Halo 2
performed LEAGUES above Metal Gear Solid 3 in the sales department?

You don' t need to justify why you think Metal Gear Solid is good by trying to put it
above Halo. On paper Halo is more of a system seller.

However, if you had added " In my opinion" then I wouldn' t be inclined to
challenge it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 04, 2008 23:57
The original Metal Gear Solid is the most successful title in the franchise having sold more than 7M copies.

The sequel sold a mil or two less and Snake Eater sold about half.

The lineup of best selling games on Sony platforms looks like this:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto 3
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy VII
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 4
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VIII
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Tekken 3
Crash Bandicoot
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Medal Of Honour Frontline
Driver
Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

...adding Snake Eater would have tripled the length so i won' t bother.

All three Halo games rank higher than any of the Metal Gear games and 2 & 3 rank above Half Life and Goldeneye...

Metal Gear 4 will sell systems, but it doesn' t have the pulling power or kind of appeal that games like Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo or Halo have. It' s just not in the same league...
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 00:28

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Terrible AI? Hm, personally I' ve seen a lot worse out there. For example RE4 which was supposed to have very good AI. I' ve never seen guards run around in circles in MGS for example. Instead they watch shadows that are being cast on the ground, they see Snake' s breath in the cold, they see his footsteps in the mud, hear sneezing/footsteps, see grass move if you hide yourself there and try to get somewhere etc. And they' re quite organized eventually when they chase you down.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 01:47
GT5 wont have that either.

At the PS1+PS2 era there wasnt much of competetion,now there is many car games,and GT frahcnise is getting old.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 01:48

Instead they watch shadows that are being cast on the ground, they see Snake' s breath in the cold, they see his footsteps in the mud, hear sneezing/footsteps, see grass move if you hide yourself there and try to get somewhere etc. And they' re quite organized eventually when they chase you down

They also cant see Snake holding a statues penis 1 meter infront of them.

And they get pwned by a rolling thrash can,and they are supposed to be SWAT guards.

lol.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 02:56

The lineup of best selling games on Sony platforms looks like this:

Where do you get info like that? Wikipedia? Give me da source man!
Chimura

RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 03:23

Since when was a Halo and MGS comparison viable?

If you' re really talking system sellers, am I correct in understanding that Halo 2
performed LEAGUES above Metal Gear Solid 3 in the sales department?

You don' t need to justify why you think Metal Gear Solid is good by trying to put it
above Halo. On paper Halo is more of a system seller.

However, if you had added " In my opinion" then I wouldn' t be inclined to
challenge it.

That' s why I said " SHOULD" , but it isn' t. That' s why I made the Halo=Star Wars, MGS=Godfather, they' re both successful franchises and quality movies in their own right, but you can see which one has more appeal. to people in general. I know MGS hasn' t sold more than the Halo franchise, only someone very naive would think that. As far as me saying MGS is better than Halo, is of course a matter of opinion.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: metal gear solid 4 xbox 360 confirmed ? - Jan 05, 2008 05:23

Where do you get info like that? Wikipedia? Give me da source man!

Cybernetic implants... we haz dem.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread