Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP Sales Double In Japan
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 54 of 54
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 10:37

The battery capacity was cut to make the battery smaller, not because the system consumes less energy. Are you completely dense? People with the newer models have been using the older batteries for a reason - they last longer.

Oh. My. God.
Are you completely retarded?

Old PSP on 2200mah battery = 7 hours
New PSP on 2200mah battery = 11 hours

7/11 = ~ .64

That' s 36% more battery efficiency.

Stock fat PSP battery = 1800
Stock slim PSP batter = 1200mah

1800 x .64 = 1152mah, close to the 1200mah stock from above.

Do you notice the trend dipshit? It consumes 36% less power, they ship it with a battery with 36% less charge to keep the battery life similar.

And as usual you are ill-informed, you can buy 3rd party battery covers for like 3 dollars. Learn what you' re talking about.

As far as the Dpad goes, actually yes it is further away from the screen. Seeing how its a ***ing HANDHELD did you expect to see it a meter away from the screen? It is a few millimeters extra away from it, you can' t see it with your crappy pictures.
< Message edited by emofag -- 30 Dec 07 2:48:27 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 11:29
So what you' re saying is that Sony reduced the Slims battery capacity to keep it comparable to that of the original model?

Since the battery life of the original models was highly criticized, wouldn' t it be illogical to do that? Especially given that the more efficient nature of the new unit can get more out of the older batteries than the older PSP' s?

Isn' t the real reason that they cut the battery capacity because they wanted to make it smaller? Wasn' t that the whole idea? Isn' t that why they released the Extended Battery kit bullshit?

And i think, if you actually go and look, you' ll find that the d-pad is in the same place. You were right about them altering it though... they raised it, which yes, is an improvement... however small.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 11:43
PSP slim>original PSP

I' ve never seen anyone prefer the old one over the slim. If you don' t think the advantages are worth the purchase then don' t buy it. It' s a stupid argument, we all know what the fucking thing does.

Blu-ray looks like it might be their second success. Creating two out of four major media formats is no small task.
And even though they failed the other formats they weren' t for nothing. For example their work on MiniDisc paved the way for UMD, which simplified their work on the PSP.

Just so everyone is clear, Blu-ray is not a proprietary format at all! Sony is only one of many companies invlolved. It' s not at all like UMD,minidisk or betamax. Blu-ray is an open format!

Current BD association:

Apple Computer, Inc.
Dell Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
TDK Corporation
Thomson Multimedia
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures
Warner Bros. Entertainment

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 18:50
I think the main goal with the PSP Slim is to lower the manufacturing costs. Especially since the size and design is basically the same. They added some stuff like TV-out in order to sell it to those who already had older PSP' s.
Aiming for lower production costs could explain why they kept the low battery life. People who need extra battery life will buy new batteries which means even more profit for Sony.
Personaly I have no problem at all with the battery life. I' ve never had the battery dying on me but I' m not the kind of guy who plays a PSP game 10 hours straight. Are you?
ginjirou

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 19:43

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Just so everyone is clear, Blu-ray is not a proprietary format at all! Sony is only one of many companies invlolved. It' s not at all like UMD,minidisk or betamax. Blu-ray is an open format!

I know, but Sony was one of the companies that started the development.
I guess they learned their lesson from past attempts, they' ll have a better chance if they work together with others.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 30, 2007 23:18

I' m not the kind of guy who plays a PSP game 10 hours straight. Are you?

Yep.

I play handhelds when I' m just hanging around the house. That' s one of the things that appeals to me about the PSP. It' s got games that you can really sink your teeth into. Games with levels that last longer than 10 minutes.

Yes VF (I know he' s waiting in the shadows!), I know that' s an exaggeration. It' s a different machine for a different application for me. If I had times when I was sitting at a bus stop for 5 minutes every day when I was not preoccupied with stopping my nuts from freezing, I' d probably have a few more DS games.
ginjirou

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 31, 2007 01:45

I play handhelds when I' m just hanging around the house.

Battery life should concern you even less then as you can have it wired at home.
Don' t tell me you think the cable would be in the way?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Dec 31, 2007 16:31
It' s not a big deal, but I don' t like rechargng things constantly. I do use my PSP out of the house on occasion, but it' s usually for extended periods of time (IE, when I have half an hour to an hour to play)
emofag

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 01, 2008 06:08

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Since the battery life of the original models was highly criticized, wouldn' t it be illogical to do that? Especially given that the more efficient nature of the new unit can get more out of the older batteries than the older PSP' s?

No it' s perfectly logical, if they shipped it with an 1800mah battery no one would buy the bigger batteries, and 5-6 hours playtime is fine for a stock battery. The way it is now the 2200mah battery is an irresistable buy for 11 hours of playtime:

86% and 9 hours left, show me a old PSP that can do that, oh that' s right you can' t. You lose, homo.

< Message edited by emofag -- 31 Dec 07 22:10:00 >
ginjirou

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 01, 2008 06:47
A shiny GOLD PSP? Pff gay!
emofag

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 02, 2008 06:03
Its the reflection from my bathroom lights.

I was taking a shit at 2 in the morning and decided to prove Nitro wrong.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 02, 2008 06:37
Ok, i concede. It does kinda make sense that they cut the battery life...

The thing is, won' t most people buy the cheaper 3rd party batteries instead of the official Sony ones?
emofag

RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 02, 2008 06:45
3rd party batteries suck ass.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PSP Sales Double In Japan - Jan 02, 2008 10:35

Ok, i concede. It does kinda make sense that they cut the battery life...

All hail King Emofag.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 2 Jan 08 2:35:25 >
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 54 of 54

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message