Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 22, 2007 13:42
DJ Atomica = NO SALE!

Other than that the game seems good. It looks and moves very well, but it just doesn' t feel quite like Burnout. The sound isn' t as good as Burnout 3 or Revenge on Xbox (absolutely no discrete subwoofer is used here) and the game seems slower paced. I didn' t have any problems with Burnout 3 or Revenge (well except maybe the crash mode in Revenge since they broke it). The free-roaming city doesn' t really suit the series.

It' d be a great $30-$40 game... if DJ Atomica can be turned off.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 25, 2007 10:57
I wasnt blown away as i thought i would after i played the demo.I have to admit i have yet to get the grips and all though.

I didn' t have any problems with Burnout 3 or Revenge

In my opinion the best game is burnout dominator. When you chain 17 burnouts you just cant help but smile.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 25, 2007 22:05
They should' ve integrated Burnout 2s crash mode into free-roam somehow. That would' ve been awesome.

As it is if you crash into an npc car everything stops, as it would of course. But I want the huge pile ups with tankers jackknifing and exploding with cars getting caught up in the middle and bouncing off into oncoming traffic, with multipliers for stylish triggers of crashes etc.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 26, 2007 05:05
After blasting around the gameworld a few times and having fun it was only a matter of time until I bumped into some people who suck. People who rather than help do missions try and take you down instead... constantly... with no end. Then when you take them down they hurl abuse at you over the microphone or quit the game. Ugh.

Oh and Joe, Atomica is nowhere near as annoying as Stryker in number 3. Plus he keeps mostly quiet and is easily ignored.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 25 Dec 07 21:10:01 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 26, 2007 11:51
I have the DJ turned off in number 3. Hopefully the same option will be present. I am wondering what fool at EA thinks that gamers like " DJ' s" ?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Jan 20, 2008 06:36
I can' t decide whether to get Burnout Paradise on my ps3, or on my 360. On the one hand I want the superior online and friends possibilities of live, but on the other hand, I like the ps3 controller more for driving games, and the fact that it is 10x quieter.

Are you planning on buying both games Nitro? If so, it would be great if you could post your impressions of each.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Jan 20, 2008 07:44
Dude, didn' t you see the Kikizo Winners thread yet?

Go take a look...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread