Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 07:40
I want to know if Burnout Paradise operates in a similar fashion to Test Drive Unlimited (which I really enjoyed). It' s too bad the city is fictional, but oh well.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 08:09
Ok, I' ve put about 5 minutes into it, so here are some quickies:

-Controls pretty well
- the car you get supposedly is not very fast (it has 3 out of like 8 stars I think?) but only a 3, that thing runs like no other.
- The damage modeling is pretty cool looking, and the overall graphics are pretty nice as well.
- The physics engine is pretty good too, the cars spin and fly in mid-air in very cool looking fashions.
-The crash videos are pretty awesome.

As my first burn out experienced, I think it looks solid and it is pretty fun too.

So yeah, those are the quickies, I might come back and post some stuff later, but right now I gotta go and do some errands, so don' t know when I' ll be back. So far the only thing I haven' t liked is the fact that the sun reflects pretty strongly on the asphalt and its too bright for my eyes. But hey, I think that might just be my eyes, I don' t like too strong light reflections.
< Message edited by chimura -- 14 Dec 07 0:14:32 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 08:26

I' m not your brother.

What is your " native" language?

Emofag from here on out I am going to ignore you. Peace Out.

Ok, I' ve put about 5 minutes into it, so here are some quickies:

-Controls pretty well
- the car you get supposedly is not very fast (it has 3 out of like 8 stars I think?) but only a 3, that thing runs like no other.
- The damage modeling is pretty cool looking, and the overall graphics are pretty nice as well.
- The physics engine is pretty good too, the cars spin and fly in mid-air in very cool looking fashions.
-The crash videos are pretty awesome.

As my first burn out experienced, I think it looks solid and it is pretty fun too.

So yeah, those are the quickies, I might come back and post some stuff later, but right now I gotta go and do some errands, so don' t know when I' ll be back. So far the only thing I haven' t liked is the fact that the sun reflects pretty strongly on the asphalt and its too bright for my eyes. But hey, I think that might just be my eyes, I don' t like too strong light reflections

Cant wait to get home and test this thing out.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 14 Dec 07 0:27:51 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 10:51
Its a bit like Test Drive and NFS:U2/Most Wanted, but the difference is that the cars dont handle like crap. Its fun burnout handling with outrageous drifts etc in a free roam game. Simple, but I love it.

Also like the Freeburn online and competing or working together to complete challenges and set records. Lots of fun.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 19:07
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 21:04
cant watch that vid as my internet is too slow.. but which version is better?
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 21:09
I might actually download this when I get home. If I remember correctly this series had the mode where you had to get the biggest accident possible on a freeway(this was in an earlier game on the PS2).

Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 14, 2007 21:46

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

cant watch that vid as my internet is too slow.. but which version is better?

Neither.

PS3 was the lead platform for development but they' ve brought the 360 version up to par. The only difference is the contrast and gamma... though that' s more than likely a component/HDMI thing.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 01:41

I want to know if Burnout Paradise operates in a similar fashion to Test Drive Unlimited (which I really enjoyed). It' s too bad the city is fictional, but oh well.

Yeah I wanted to get Test Drive for PC. I still look for it everytime I go to EB Games.
Chimura

RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 02:04
I remember the original Test Drive. an, fun times in with a Hummer!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 05:16
The Test-Drive demo was fun, but I' m not sure I' d ever buy the full version. They really did give you too much fun for free.

I' m noticing again & again with multiplatform games a difference in color palette, this one the most distinct yet. The PS3 running on the cooler side, the 360 on the warmer. I haven' t decided which I like better yet, but it is quite noticeable now (As opposed to earlier where I wasn' t sure if it was just on a game-to-game basis.).
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 21:27
The demo is quite good. The single player part is pretty alright but there are only three real missions to do... a burning lap, a race and a stunt mode. Stunt I don' t quite get yet but will involve stringing together jumps, power slides, barrel rolls and the like. No sign of Crash mode though, which looks interesting in this game.

Online is fantastic. All you need do is press ' right' on the d-pad and select ' freeburn online' . After a tiny loading screen other players pop seamlessly into your playing space. Then you can take people out or in the demo sort out some co-op challenges like, end up on a roof or do a barrel roll over some cars... the cars being other in game players. It' s ace.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 21:36

PS3 was the lead platform for development but they' ve brought the 360 version up to par. The only difference is the contrast and gamma... though that' s more than likely a component/HDMI thing.

After reading on this game before hand, This is the only burnout game to get my interest. Been playing the PS3 Demo alittle. It' s quite good, i like the Sandbox style on;ine is pretty fun too.

Technically it looks and runs nice, although the artsyle is nothig to write home about.. Ive recently been playing Tons of PC Outrun 2 SP, maybe that didnt help.. (the game looks gorgeous, especially in 720p)..

Drifting off topic.

I can' t wait for the Next AM2 Outrun
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 15, 2007 23:24
Those boys at CRITERION have done it again.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 16, 2007 09:21

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Those boys at CRITERION have done it again.

Yup. Black 2 next

ORIGINAL: Virtua Fighter 5

Drifting off topic.

I can' t wait for the Next AM2 Outrun

LOL
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 16, 2007 09:49
the takedowns are great, I didnt expect such a big impovement. But i find the minimap quite unhelpfull in finding races... and you got to have more than 4 online, I got bored...
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 17, 2007 02:36

Funny bro english is not my native language. But I do know how to tell you to suck my dick in English . Let me know if Suck My Dick is spelled correctly.

And to think I kind of liked you - Ass Hole

Owned!

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 17, 2007 03:38

What is your " native" language?

Ignorant ebonics maybe?

Owned!

Who the hell is fish jacker?
Chimura

RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 17, 2007 06:00

the takedowns are great, I didnt expect such a big impovement. But i find the minimap quite unhelpfull in finding races... and you got to have more than 4 online, I got bored...

I didn' t get bored, though I have yet to master the map
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Burnout Paradise demo up on XBL - Dec 18, 2007 22:41
I liked this demo quite a bit and the multiplayer is quite fun if you have the right people, I can' t wait till the full game comes out. I think a few of us should get on this multiplayer this weekend or something. I played with Mass for a little while, also Mass when you are it doens' t tell me you are on like when you jopined the game I was in it didn' t say you were on. Just out of curiosity did you get off right after or something? Also for those of you that have missed me on COD4(and those of you who haven' t) I will be picking up a new copy some time this week.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message