Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 03:38
This game is getting the shaft. It' s probably my console game of the year, (if Mass Effect wasn' t so damn unstable) an easy 9/10 in my book. Sony is out to lunch on marketing.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 06:48

There' s something about the theme, which hearkens back to the Hollywood adventure films of the 1930s, which is a tough sell. I think the same thing happened with Crimson Skies. Top notch gameplay, production value and art direction, but if it doesn' t have a contemporary or futuristic theme, no hookers or crappy pop rap soundtrack, it doesn' t catch the attention of many people.

People just tend to prefer generic crap that everybody does already over true quality stuff. Only thing that sells well now at days are sci-fi shooters with forgettable main characters and just run-of-the mill games styled in the 50 cent Bulletproof mold. Those, and sport sequels and games that already have a established following (Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, etc)

Zoy, I agree, Crimsons Skies is one heck of a game.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 08:20
Lets vote, Is this game better than Gears?

This is the ps3' s Gears... I just wish it sold the same numbers... MAYBE IT WILL.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 13:19
I say this game is tons better than Gears. And maybe sales will pick up once people start finding out more about the title. I guess it helps that almost 100% of people that have played it say its a great game, though high critical praise doesn' t always equal great sales.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 17:45
Yes and no.

It' s not a better shooter than Gears. It raised the bar to a seriously high level and I don' t think we' ll get a superior 3rd person shooter until Gears 2 arrives.

It is a better game overall though and i would still call it PS3' s Gears of War. It' s longer, has better production values, graphically nicer etc...

My PC arrived yesterday and i' ve been playing Crysis properly and even though the game is a technological wonder and looks unbelievable on Very High settings, i found Uncharted to be more visually impressive.

It' s easily the best game i' ve played this generation.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 18, 2007 21:27
So anyone wanna loan me their PS3 so that I can play this game?

Also I liked Majik' s review and it sounds so bad-a$$ I might have to start saving up for a PS3 just for this game. I have been keeping track of games I want to play on PS3, so far I have: Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Warhawk, MGS4, and I believe that is it so far.

Silentbomber

RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 24, 2007 08:23
Just finished it today... What a great game... altough the final ' boss battle' was nothing more than another shoot out.. but the last few enemys in Chapters 20 - 22 where tough and made me work to beat them, they even tired to flank me which i didnt see before..

They need to take a que from mgs and make the bosses epic.

And oh yeah, I loved running and firing at enemys behind you, its going to make resi 4 hard to play now in comparaion, it looks so stiff. I hope Uncharted 2: Drakes Goty is even better, an online mode would be very nice, I dont see myself playing this again very soon unfortunately.

Of course the game had problems, some times early on its just shoot out after shoot up, I was just dieing for something to break up the action... The story was a little predictable but it was nice, they need to put more focus on it next time and also I felt the melee was very cool but seriously hard to do anything other than square square square combo, they need to improve that and encourage it more aka having opportunities where its just as easy as shooting somebody.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 24, 2007 08:39
Does the game have multiple difficulty settings? For replay value.
Silentbomber

RE: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Impressions - Dec 24, 2007 09:32
yep, crushing is meant to be quite hard, i Typicaly wont play through a game again just for a harder setting.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message