Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 03:54
So wait EA is starting to make games of good quality (SKATE, Dead Space, whatever games Pandemic and Bioware make) while Activision is gonna start making thier major franchises an annual deal...and that puts them on top? So rehashing major franchises is what people want? hmm....

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15207/Activision-Confirms-COD-5-GH-IV-and-New-Tony-Hawk-Title/
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 04:53
Wait? Are you defending EA? You know Skate is going to be redone a million times. Dead Space looks like crap. We have yet to see what happens to Pandemic and Bioware. All the good talent could leave just like every other studio that was taken over by EA.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 07:47
In the last 3 years, Activision have made a COD game every year, and they' ve all been good. Where as EA makes Madden every year and haven' t done a thing to the series until this year, but that just means they' ll rehash this years Madden until 2012, when the world ends
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 08:45

In the last 3 years, Activision have made a COD game every year, and they' ve all been good. Where as EA makes Madden every year and haven' t done a thing to the series until this year, but that just means they' ll rehash this years Madden until 2012, when the world ends

True The suck at making football games. I can' t wait until they lose the Nfl license.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 09:02
I didnt like COD3 much at all. It could be fun somtimes but the single player was pretty damn lame. Proving Grounds is garbage so the Tony Hawk series is dead to me for now. Instead of expanding Guitar Hero and head down a route like Harmonix they ended up just giving you a disc with more songs and a new guitar. Im just thinking into the furtue of things.

EA is turnign its shit around (outside the main sports games). Dead Space sounds cool in concept and its pretty much out of EAs hands. Pandemic makes some pretty damn fun sandbox games while Bioware is taking over western RPGs. Skate altho not as varied as Tony Hawk has a unique challenge to it making it feel fresh. Battlefiled Bad Company looks like its gonna be some insane fun. Army of Two showed signs that EA is no longer willing to just send out any old game as they took it back into production to give it more time. Whether it turns out good or not is yet top be seen but at least they saw it had issues and put more time and money into it. Then you jump over to racing now this one still has some problems as Prostreet was meh, however Burnout Paradise looks like a nice new approach to the franchise.

I just thinks its lame that EA is making changes to its business model and expanding but losing now. Whereas Activision is using the same model EA was bashed for and getting praise for it. This will in turn bring EA back to its ways making the 2 biggest names in gaming nothing more the cut and paste factories.

Or maybe none that will happen at all. Who knows.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 09:14
I don' t think Activision has changed much lately. Aside from this huge merger that is.

The way I look at it. I don' t care if you publish a bunch of shitty games, as long as you have a few great ones. And any publisher pumping out games like COD4 are good in my books. Even if a game like that only comes once a year.

As for EA, I think we can agree they seem to be making positive changes. The most important seems to be splitting into divisions. I' ll reserve judgement until Spore is released though.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 09:35

True The suck at making football games. I can' t wait until they lose the Nfl license.
Unfortunately, as long as it sells the way it does they will never lose the license.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 09:39
Mass, I' ll agree that EA is making attempts to turn around but we haven' t seen anything come of it yet. You are basing your opinions on a bunch of unknowns. Out of all the games you talked about Skate is the only one currently out and I will give that game a ton of credit because it is good. However like I said, it will most likely be rehashed because this is EA we are talking about.

Dead Space looks retarded to me (personal opinion) and I see it being a failure. Pandemic is making Mercenaries 2, yes, but they were doing that before they were bought much like Bioware with Mass Effect. Mercs 2 will be as much of an EA game as ME is aka not an EA game at all. What comes after will be the true test.

BF:BC while looking cool I' ll judge when I play it. The game has yet to be shown in playable form. Army of Two looked cool when it was first shown but at this point is looking less and less impressive imo. Again, until I play it I' m not going to give EA credit. Burnout... another one that still hasn' t come out.

As for CoD3... yeah, it sucked but it also wasn' t Infinity Ward handling it. CoD4 more than made up for 3. I agree with you on Tony Hawk. It' s fallen apart but we' ll see what they do to counter Skate. They haven' t had competition up until this point so now they have to make things better. Whether or not they do is up in the air. GH:III, yeah it' s a bunch more songs an not much more... but it' s a guitar game, what more are you going to do? They can' t exactly make Rock band now that Harmonix already did that.

I' m not going to praise Activision. In fact you can see that I have my negative feeling for them but at least they put out good games on a fairly consistent basis. EA doesn' t, they just drive themselves into the ground. If EA' s new attempts at being more original and breaking the mold work I' ll give them the credit the deserve but until they prove themselves I' m not going to act like they are the good guys. In fact all I see coming out of this merger for EA is that they are going to go on a buying frenzy and try to buy Ubisoft again or chase Eidos. Both scenarios will suck.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 15:33
If EA screws up Bioware, im going Postal!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 16:49
I wouldn' t venture to say which company is better. At the moment Acti/Blizz is definitely on top considering CoD4 is easily a GOTY contender, GH3 while being a repackaged version of GH2 is still selling fast, and then you have Blizz, which while I' m not a big fan of WoW, is still a very succesful and good company.

Meanwhile, EA really doesn' t have anything to show for itself yet other than Skate, which like others have said, will likely be done 5 times over. Sure they have Bioware and Pandemic, but their games were already in dev before EA bought them so we will have to see what their next projects are like.

All this being said, EA looks like they are turning over a new leaf and trying to focus on quality over quantity. Activision looks to be heading in a direction similar to what EA was doing about 4 years ago, where as EA seems to be learning from that mistake and change directions.

In my eyes, if Activision stays the course it' s on now, they won' t be that great 3 or 4 years down the road(except for Infinity Ward), whereas EA could be going really strong. There is no way to tell though, 3 years is a long time.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 04, 2007 17:39
I like EA.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Vivendi and Activision merge! Forming Activision Blizzard - Dec 05, 2007 09:59
I guess World Of Warcraft: Rocks the 80' s?

I guess the merger dosent affect us much, but Ea sure wont like it, I heard there stocks shot up 15% [activaistions] after this news.

Awful name though.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread