FUCK Im Bi-Polar!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
FUCK Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 02:02
And not just the basic 1-2 episodes a year one either. Ultra Rabid Cycle Bi-Polar Disorder. To to pit off im at the peak age in which it hits the hardest...ahg i always just thought I was an asshole and nothing else...I lost the relationship of my life because of a mental disorder! Dammit all. Well anyways i need to go visit friends and family to make a list of events and what not to check just how severe it is and the appropriate treatment. Anti-Depressants arnt as effective in the ultra or extreme variations as its harder to key in on the emotions...

Lame...

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 02:24
You could sell the anti-depressants and make money which would then make you happy

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 02:29
My father was bipolar. He was an extreme case. He was an alcoholic and a cocain user. In and out of prison... I' ve never seen anyone having such a miserable time with life. He was diagnosed with lung cancer about 10 years ago and died after only 3 months. He was already finished by the time he was diagnosed. I read the autopsy and his liver, kidneys, lungs and brain were completely toast. I know he was self medicating, usually drug abuse is just that.

The part that kills me is that he never wanted to get help or go to a doctor. Which is why he didn' t even know he had lung cancer until he was alreay half dead. While he was being treated for cancer they put him on lithium for his depression and even though he was in bad shape. He couldn' t breath, his limbs were swolen and he couldn' t digest food, in addition to being in a lot of physical pain. I' ll never forget what he said to me. He sincerely said that he never felt better in his life. All because he was treating his depression for the first time.

Bipolar is not a psychological illness it' s an inherent neurological disorder. They have pills for it and life is simply too short to live with this sort of shit.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Nov 07 18:30:47 >
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 03:41
I' m sorry to hear that you are suffering in some way. Agent, same with your father.
I haven' t heard of the disorder before, not the english term anyway, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.
Bipolar disorder
Very important to read for us who aren' t familiar with the disorder.
It seems, according to the article, that it' s the same as manic depression which is a term I am more familiar with.
I happen to find the following information very interesting (excuse me for using such a word on such a somewhat sad topic)

" Some studies have suggested a significant correlation between creativity and bipolar disorder. However, the relationship between the disorder and creativity is still very unclear. One study indicated increased striving for, and sometimes obtaining, goals and achievements. While the disorder affects people differently, bipolar individuals tend to be much more outgoing and daring than non-bipolars. The disorder is also found in an large number of people involved in the arts. It is a mysterious ongoing study as to why many creative geniuses were bipolar.

A number of recent studies have observed a correlation between creativity and bipolar disorder, although it is unclear in which direction the cause lies, or whether both conditions are caused by some third, unknown, factor. It has been hypothesized that temperament may be one such factor."

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 24 Nov 07 19:48:32 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 04:17

Ultra Rabid Cycle Bi-Polar Disorder.

I' ve got a friend of my fathers (I always saw him as my uncle) who' s had that for a very long time. A couple hours of the day he' s just peachy, and then something will set him off & he' ll be out of it for half an hour or so, and then snap back to a cheery disposition, before leaving in a fit later in the evening.

If you *are* prescribed medication man, or if you' re suggested to go to therapy be sure you take it/go (respectively). You' ll be so much better off, even if at the time it seems like a stupid idea.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 24 Nov 07 20:17:35 >

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 04:23
My first love was diagnosed as bipolar. It was a really difficult situation for her, but years later she is really thriving and living a very happy life with a husband and kids. So it' s very tough but you can manage it and come through with a lot of happiness and satisfaction in life.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 04:30
And anyhow, here' s a perspective, why let it get you down? It' s not like it wasn' t around before you were diagnosed. Why should you be any more worse off now that you know?

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 05:33
Kill yourself.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 07:53
Wow, another outstanding contribution from the all mouth, no action, only worth a dollar pussy.

Mass I sympathise with you, I have friends who suffer from PST(although not really recognised in the UK.) from the 1st Gulf war and they go through hell at times.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 08:14

And not just the basic 1-2 episodes a year one either. Ultra Rabid Cycle Bi-Polar Disorder. To to pit off im at the peak age in which it hits the hardest...ahg i always just thought I was an asshole and nothing else...I lost the relationship of my life because of a mental disorder! Dammit all. Well anyways i need to go visit friends and family to make a list of events and what not to check just how severe it is and the appropriate treatment. Anti-Depressants arnt as effective in the ultra or extreme variations as its harder to key in on the emotions...

Lame...

I can certainly sympathize with you Mass. I happen to not only be Bi-polar but also have Social anxiety issues AND I' m a germaphobe, LOL.. The other day someone even accused me of being obsessive compulsive.

The only medication I' ve ever tried was Paxil. Did it a test run and the side effects were way too severe for me. On Paxil I basically became A LOT less patient with people and just wanted to kill everyone around me, so I got off of those bad boys QUICK and returned to my original doormat state.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 25 Nov 07 0:15:49 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 08:59
Why do you guys have all these mental issues?

Stop it. Just STOP IT.

Refer to this - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMTvxOaeE

< Message edited by emofag -- 25 Nov 07 1:16:03 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 10:02
Nowadays pretty much everyone has some kind of mental disorder, more or less.
Even emofag as it' s quite obvious he has some kind of mental problem, although not diagnosed.
I don' t really view disorders as something odd or something that has to be corrected. In many cases it' s simply a way people react to life.
Of course, in some cases it' s good to take medication since disorders can have very negative impacts on a persons life but I think it' s important not to dramatise disorders. That' ll make them worse than they really are.
It' s important to remember that life isn' t supposed to be completely perfect but with todays ideals that' s hard to keep in mind. So even the smallest issues in our lifes becomes bigger problems than they should.
Being diagnosed can be helpful since you know the cause of some problems, but it can also make it worse since you can feel you' re being marked as " different" or " wrong" . Especially if you' re among people who aren' t able to sympathise (that' s emofag).
Funny clip though.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 25 Nov 07 2:07:45 >

Mass X
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 10:07
IM fine iwht it personally. I just never knew how severe it had gotten til the whole thing with Jess (chickapoo88). Hopefully I can get it taken care of for the most part. But at least I know what it is and all that jazz hopefully future relationships will tolerate it a bit better and help me thru it.

Terry man thats gotta be tense at times. How do you manage it? For me its wierd I feel it coming on I know im saying shit that I dont wanna and yet I cant stop. At times I just let it run its course and hope I shut up othertimes I fight it with varied results.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 25 Nov 07 2:14:00 >

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 11:06

IM fine iwht it personally. I just never knew how severe it had gotten til the whole thing with Jess (chickapoo88). Hopefully I can get it taken care of for the most part. But at least I know what it is and all that jazz hopefully future relationships will tolerate it a bit better and help me thru it.

Terry man thats gotta be tense at times. How do you manage it? For me its wierd I feel it coming on I know im saying shit that I dont wanna and yet I cant stop. At times I just let it run its course and hope I shut up othertimes I fight it with varied results.

Some people just learn to cope with their ' conditions' . Sometimes those conditions can be quite annoying though. With the Social Anxiety disorder I tend to panic a bit in crowded settings. You' d NEVER catch me dining in a somewhat crowded restaurant, ever. I also avoid crowded elevators, subways, trains, and buses. When going to the movies I always try to get to the theater about 20-25 minutes before the start of the movie so I can quickly grab a seat before the theater gets crowded. Which would beg the question, how did I manage to attend E3 for all those years?

The germaphobe thing there' s just no way around. You couldn' t pay me enough to eat at a buffet. And the minute people start chattering away around my food, in the trash it goes. That' s another reason why I can' t do restaurants. Sometimes the people you' re dining with can' t help but yap, yap, yap away while eating. How about we just shut the f*** up and eat everything off of our plates before we engage in any kind of conversation? ;)

I' m probably worst than Adrian Monk in the germaphobe department. For example, when cake is being served at some gathering I HAVE to be the first (or second) person in line once they remove the protecting covering from the cake. If I' m any further back in line I won' t really want a piece anymore, even if it is my favorite type of cake... Also, If I' m at some sort of gathering and they' re serving food in another room, if there are already a bunch of people in the room when I walk in, regardless of how hungry I am there' s absolutely NO friggin way I' m eating anything from there, lol.. I also would never eat birthday cakes where the birthday boy or girl (young or old) blew out the candles on it.

Depression and I are childhood friends. It can seriously, Seriously suck sometimes.
' Light' depression I can fight and keep at bay sometimes, the ones at ' medium' levels I can try to fight sometimes but there are more losses than wins. With the ones at ' high' levels, there' s just no fighting and no chance of winning whatsoever. I just have to whether the storm and hope that it passes. Those suckers bring loss of appetite and sometimes, uncontrollable crying.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 25 Nov 07 3:17:24 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 25, 2007 11:52
I drank too much coffee, my stomach is going to expload. Maybe if I just have one more cup...
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Nov 26, 2007 16:49
I think emofag might have that " jerk mouth syndrome" I was watching the other day on Discovery Channel

Anyway, yeah, be sure to like have some therapy sessions and find a right medication if you really need it. But commenting stuff here instead of bottling up I am sure helps too, so talk about it and share it with others. Also, and most people seem to forget the importance of it, but read a lot about it, I am sure you' ll find useful stuff on how to handle things, but hey, were also here for you!

DieHounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 59
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 04, 2007 09:38
I' ve been in therapy for a few months (anxiety and depression mostly) so I know what ballpark you' re coming from. I completely understand that feeling of " Oh no, not again" when you feel it coming on. Worst feeling ever, being paralyzed by it, can' t resist, can' t think, and if it' s bad enough when it hits you, you can' t even move. You can reason against it, but you just can' t kill it. Worst feeling in the world.

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 04, 2007 21:20
WE ARE ALL FUCKED UP, GET OVER IT OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea who I am really saying this to in particular, but i have depression and I am attempting to get back into therapy(which I found helped). Though mine is minor and you guys are more fucked up then me(I' m looking at you Mass, Terry, and Diehounderdoggin[just because i know him personally and not because of what he is being treated for])

hehehehehehehe................RETARDED POSTING SPREE!!!

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 04, 2007 21:44

Bipolar disorder

I suffer from some of those symptoms, but that' s probably just because I' m a teenager...

I can' t be Bi-Polar anyway... I' ve already got tourrettes.
< Message edited by Marink -- 4 Dec 07 13:45:13 >

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 05, 2007 03:20
I always find psychiatry difficult. With stuff like depression theres no obvious line between normal human behaviour and pathalogical.

A lot of the time they' re one in the same.

mastachefbkw
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 05, 2007 05:13
I find psychiatry pointless. Disorders like these aren' t fatal and you could live without knowing about them. I think by telling someone they have it makes them even worse.

Mass X
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 05, 2007 05:51
I dunno after researching all there is about bipolar disorder I think its better I know whats been controlling my actions. At least now Im more aware when things start kicking in I can subdue them just a bit better but last night proved im still not quite there until I seek some more help.

Least I havent gone down Van Gohgs route and cut my ear off to show my love.

...tho I came close to hacking my finger off...luckily the 360 was near and I saw some people online playing CoD.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 4 Dec 07 21:56:27 >

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 00:36
Masturbation...
Videogaming...
Underwater basket-weaving....

All of those are impeded by the loss of a digit.

Just remember that.

Mass X
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 01:07
Just a ring finger. Only use it has is for fancy decorations. I couldve been like Altair from Assassins Creed and attached a badass hidden blade.

mastachefbkw
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 08:21

Just a ring finger. Only use it has is for fancy decorations. I couldve been like Altair from Assassins Creed and attached a badass hidden blade.
Dude! Do it.

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 20:54
Send it to me.

Torr
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 21:07
And why should you get it Majik, I think Nitro should get it.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 06, 2007 22:11
I agree. I should get it.

But what would i do with it?

Torr
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 08, 2007 02:19

I agree. I should get it.

But what would i do with it?

The same thing you do with the rest of the body parts you have collected over the years.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: *** Im Bi-Polar! - Dec 08, 2007 04:35
Refrigerate them? Booooooring.

Slip it into somebody' s coffee mug and then videotape the realization sequence. " Bob doesn' t know we' ve secretly replaced his usual coffee with Folger' s -- and a severed human finger!"