Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz)

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 24, 2007 07:57
Until Chapter 15 when it turned into a Survival Horror game with a bunch of cursed/Undead creatures attacking you.

I was in all my glory yesterday playing the game for hours from close to the beginning to Chapter 15, but then these zombie-ish creatures appeared and I got too nervous and finally shut the game off, saving the rest for today.. Does that make me a little girl?
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 24, 2007 09:58
Erm.... Yeah.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 24, 2007 12:54

Does that make me a little girl?

Probably, but more importantly now you went ahead and got me interested in the game.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 24, 2007 19:01
Quez in ME let his team handle space zombies!!
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 00:12
I' m getting irritated with this whole alien/zombie thing.

Half-Life 2... an hour or 2 in... zombies!
Halo, a couple hours in.... zombies!
Crysis... aliens!
Uncharted... WHAT THE HELL?!

It shouldn' t even suprise me at this point.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 00:17
resident evil 5 confirmed.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 24 Nov 07 16:17:48 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 01:06
Eddie u forgot Mass Effect . Well they are called Husks in the game but they are zombies .

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 02:09

Does that make me a little girl?

Yes terry it does. I quit playing doom in the dark so don' t fill bad I have yet to beat that game even on the xbox.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 03:59

Eddie u forgot Mass Effect . Well they are called Husks in the game but they are zombies .

I haven' t played it yet. No box, no money, no time = Epic fail for Eddie.

Anyhow, I' d rather miss information than put something in that wasn' t right.

Agent Ghost
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 04:17
Zombies never get old. Too bad they' ve never been done right in a videogame.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 04:48
really?

how do you think it should be done?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Agent Ghost
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 04:54
I want Zombies as they are portrayed in the movie " 28 Days Later" . Fast and plentyful. Left 4 Dead looks really promissing. Resident Evil is designed for pussies.

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 06:29
Unfortunately, these zombie things not only run but they climb as well. They' re an aggressive bunch and once they grab ahold of you it' s pretty much instant death. So you can see why I' m nervous, lol.. You can survive lots of bullet wounds but one slash from these things after they grab you and you' re dead. (And this is on the EASY setting too.)

I absolutely LOVE the platforming and shoot-out portions of the game and was looking forward to more, but these cursed fiends have made me a little less enthusiastic about the game now. It would be one thing if they were only on that one level, but from what I read I' ll be seeing more of them along the way
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Nov 07 22:30:01 >

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 08:58

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I want Zombies as they are portrayed in the movie " 28 Days Later" . Fast and plentyful. Left 4 Dead looks really promissing. Resident Evil is designed for pussies.

Zombies cant be fast, their brains are rotting so they are basically retarded, retarded people aren' t fast.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 09:52
A fast, intelligent zombie would basically be a vampire, right?

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 10:27
Aye,the creator behind zombie movies(forgot his name) attack the new dawn of the dead movie,for making his work bad,since zombies is supposed to be slow,and mystic...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 10:38
28 days later werent zombies tho. ANyhow there are so many zombie variations i dont see why it matters. Return of the dead had that weird as one covered in goo plus the naked chick. Night of the Living Dead had the slow but deadly in numbers kind. 28 had the rage. Remake sped them up since most of the zombies were still fresh and not really rotted. There' s also the voodoo zombies. etc etc etc im gonna go read the zombie survival guide now ...

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 11:02
I think the RE5 zombies are kinda steering towards the 28 days later type, so you might get your wish. I never did see that spin coming in Uncharted, I got there and I was like: WTF!!??? This is so fricking awesome! It completely changes the way you need to approach the battles, so keep playing it, it gets better!

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 11:29
The Zombie-ish creatures in Uncharted look a little more like the
" Lickers" from the Resident Evil games than anything else I can think of.

Chimura
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 12:01
Those RE2 Mother F%$%& we' re scary Shit! Anyone remember when one just popped in from behind the fake mirror in the police station interrogation room? I almost died! I didn' t think the Uncharted ones were really all the scary though, for me it was more of a: wtf is this!!?? rather than " I just crapped my pants" . Only games that managed that so far are Fatal Frame and Conmdened, and Silent Hills are pretty disturbing too. RE not so much, still love it though.

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 25, 2007 13:56

I think the RE5 zombies are kinda steering towards the 28 days later type, so you might get your wish. I never did see that spin coming in Uncharted, I got there and I was like: WTF!!??? This is so fricking awesome! It completely changes the way you need to approach the battles, so keep playing it, it gets better!

One question though, are those cursed fiends/zombie-ish creatures going to be making appearances for the remainder of the game or do they only last an episode or two before the game returns to its platforming-gunplay system? I really hope its the latter, LOL..

Chimura
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 26, 2007 11:22
They' ll be around until like chapter 20, after that is more of the original gun-play. There will be some parts where you will have to deal with both though, the mosters and humans. You aren' t very far from beating the game though.

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 27, 2007 05:43

They' ll be around until like chapter 20, after that is more of the original gun-play. There will be some parts where you will have to deal with both though, the mosters and humans. You aren' t very far from beating the game though.

I have to deal with them for 5 chapters????? There goes the replay factor, LOL.. I was originally looking forward to replaying the entire game a couple times before putting it on the shelf but if I' m a nervous wreck while playing the next 5 chapters than forget about replaying the entire game!

Agent Ghost
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 27, 2007 07:40

Zombies cant be fast, their brains are rotting so they are basically retarded, retarded people aren' t fast.

Well i doubt their brains are instantly fucked. I imagine they would be fast for a while, and gradually get slower and more decayed as time goes on. Maybe variety is the way to go. Some slow ones and some faster ones. That way You can have balance with outdoor environments and indoor levels.

My point is, the Zombies in 28 days later are far more scary than the ones in any videogame I' ve seen. I' m not too conserned about being traditional about fictional monsters either. They' d be a hell of a lot more fun to deal with. No it doesn' t make them like Vampires either. All these Resident Evil fans will shit themselves when they play Left 4 Dead, especially with the co-op element.

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 27, 2007 15:11
Hahaha! Right now I' m staring at the End credits of Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune :D.. Sweet friggin game. I' m going to replay it on the Normal setting next. As for the cursed fiends, man oh man was my arm shaking while walking down those dimly lit corridors never knowing when one was going to come charging at me from out of nowhere... At one point while trembling like a little girl I let out a wimpy, " Man this is bull$hit!" Lol.. But fortunately after Chapter 15 the later portions of the game aren' t nearly as traumatic
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 27 Nov 07 7:14:12 >

Chimura
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 27, 2007 17:31
But I am sure you can look back and see that the trauma was well worth it. Its a fantastic game.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 28, 2007 05:28

Man this is bull$hit!" Lol..

I feel you on that one I hear your pain.

Terry Bogard
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Nov 28, 2007 08:56

I feel you on that one I hear your pain.

Have you ever gotten pissed off or annoyed because you were scared? That' s the way I felt at the time! Arm trembling, a nervous wreck cause I just got pounced on and slashed to death the last 4 - 5 times and have to retry that section until I pass it, lol..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 28 Nov 07 1:12:15 >

DieHounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 59
RE: Was absolutely LOVING Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune until... (spoilerz) - Dec 06, 2007 09:27

Have you ever gotten pissed off or annoyed because you were scared?

Yeah, I' ve been there. Silent Hill , Resident Evil, Half Life 2, Condemned. The fiendish thing about Silent Hill is that it gave me nightmares for about a month after I played it. Usually I' m OK after the first time when the scare' s just a jump out and say BOO sort of thing, but those games have imagery issues, so even if you see it coming down the halls, you still end up in a cold sweat at 4am with a Maglite in your hands.