Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 25, 2007 11:12
I have both games and I enjoyed Uncharted a lot more. And I wouldn' t be really comparing the graphics of these two really, I think AC' s looks more realistic, but Uncharted takes the cake artistic wise. They are both very panoramic and very close to photorealistic most of the time as well. Animation wise, AC' s has very good animations, but Uncharted is no slouch. I think Uncharted' s animations are more realistic, but sometimes they seem like they' re playing in slow motion. AC' s animation for interacting with people and his whole free running look fantastic as well. Apart from the main characters though, AC' s NPC' s animations do look more jerky than the ones in Uncharted, which are equally impressive for all characters.

I think my real beef with these reviews is that I think AC was way overrated by most reviewers. Uncharted' s were mostly fine, and I liked that they point out their flaws, but very few reviews have actually dared to point out the fact that AC' s investigation missions are half-baked and completely repetitive, but I guess most people enjoyed, so I guess is all cool in the end. I, for one, was more satisfied with Uncharted than AC, that' s for sure.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 25, 2007 11:38

ORIGINAL: emofag

What game has better graphics than Uncharted?

Crysis on a high end PC maybe, on consoles there is nothing.

Gears of War.

Uncharted looks amazing, but it still doesn' t match Gears.

ORIGINAL: emofag

Which version of Assassin' s Creed are you playing, 360 or PS3? I thought the 360 version looked fantastic.

Proving that he isn' t as fanboyish as many like to believe he took my recommendation of the 360 version and returned the PS3 copy.

As for which game has better animations...

It' s Assassins Creed. 210% Hands down. Altair has actual weight to his movements, much like Mitchell in GRAW/2. His runcycle is propably the best in any game yet, ...it' s just a shame that the game is A) pretty shallow, and B) plagued by technical issues.

Uncharted is solid. At least the demo is. There are a handful of things i' d like improving, but Naughty Dog' s first PS3 game looks gorgeous and plays perfectly. It' s one of my most wanted games.

I any event, neither game matches Mass Effect in terms of art direction or scope.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 25, 2007 11:51
PC has Gears too.
Chimura

RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 25, 2007 12:05
I really couldn' t care less really, as both games look amazing, but Uncharted is hands down the better game. Its fun, engaging and has tons of things to unlock and I think is really a shame that AC is as shallow as it is, since the world is so huge, full of possibilities... a shame really.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 25, 2007 12:07

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

PC has Gears too.

A broken port and a year later.

They didn' t even fix the cutscenes. Epic should have handled it instead of passing it to the lame Painkiller devs.

Chimura

RE: Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune Reviews - Nov 26, 2007 14:11
Yeah, most times developers give away their shit for others to port, doesn' t come out as good.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message