Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 50 of 50
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 19, 2007 07:29

Now all i need is for Mass effect to be at least half as good as Assassins.

LULZ that' s rich.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 19, 2007 08:02

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

i just got assassin' s creed, played an hour or so and i' m very impressed, i really feel bad about reports thay say it' s " very" repetitive, the game looks fantastic, very cinematic and the controls are superb.

You' ll find that the 3 cities look and feel very different, as do the 3 districts within each city.

I' m about half way through the game and i' m not finding anything boring or repetitive. The game opens up more as you regain your abilities and equipment and you' ll become far more daring.

The only negative for me is the combat, which is essentially broken. As soon as you learn to counter then you' re virtually invincible against normal soldiers, but since it' s not the games focus i can' t say i actually mind whatsoever.

The art direction and general concept is fantastic and i can' t wait to see what they do with the sequel. I only hope i can find enough time this week to finish the first game on top of getting some CoD4 in ahead of Mass Effect.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 22, 2007 01:16
Bit late to the party, but I really really like AC.

Like others I have lots of issues with gameplay elements and its clear more playtesting could' ve resolved them. But its not meant to be a 1 day polished thrill ride like some other games.

AC is really ambitious, maybe not quite getting the intended effect of huge open rich world with crowds of people all doing their thing and you in the middle. But they did achieve the illusion mostly.

The Beef
Yeah so the people can repeat themselves, and theres not enough variety in the things you can actually do, places you can hide or ways you can kill.

You can behave in strange ways without people minding, like groping citizens etc, the leap of faith is hilarious landing in a hay stack and just popping out and going righty' ho instantly on your way.

The controls aren' t really that intuitive at all. That head, limbs feet system doesnt make sense to me, and having to hold a combo of several buttons down just to do one thing feels wierd.

The fighting isnt as fast and fluid as I imagined from trailers. Although occasionally you can string together a couple of kills that look cool. And sometimes you can get into a classic old PoP strike-block string that ends in one person getting hit. I like that they reintroduced that.

Why on earth they force you to slow trot through half of the acres of countryside, just because some guards find galloping horses suspicious is beyond me.

The glitching feature is really offputting as well, I want some of the dramatic alternate camera angles in cutscenes to occur automatically.

The Sweetness
But those are all minor things to me. The main focus of the game is solid.

I love the relatively mature storyline (actually interested in the real life subject of being born with genetic memories) although I fear the ending may be predictable (dont tell me!). The characters are fairly rich and feel like they' ve got a lot of background to them.

I love exploring the insanely gorgeous and detailed environments. The ambient noises are especially good. The depth of field and motion blur effects are supremely well done, when targeting people, walking around in cutscenes etc.

The animations are mostly brilliant. If you get it right, and string together several moves it can all look very natural. Its cool the way Altair moves his head first when turning as well.

I also dont find it repetitive - even though the tasks are always similar, the variety is in the story, context and environments. Like someone said earlier if you' re a mission driven person you do one investigation mission after another very quickly and it' ll get dull, but if you like exploring every corner, then the missions dont feel like they obstruct you.

I dont think its like Crackdown at all which was all about extravagant super powers and carnage fun. This is a tightly constructed world to explore with tonnes of atmosphere, and beautiful detail. And I' m taking my sweet time with it.

Not polished enough to be a GOTY contender, but most respect for ambition and attention to detail. Its between COD4 and Mass Effect now!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 21 Nov 07 19:31:16 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 01:38
Just got the game, its great! on memory block 4.

The free running is fantastic and I love the he moves while climbing, the fighting is weak enough and I think the controlls are a little too copmpliuted for what they do. but they are minor complaints.

Altough the game has crashed on me twice so far.. Ps3 version eh? you can tell it was rushed for this christmas.

I have run into a problem, just started memory 4 and climbed all the view points but cant find any of the investgations to do! i talked to your man in the assassination bearuo place but still nothing, any help?
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 01:40
Meh i feel the Kikizo reveiw hit the game spot on i mean its an 8 but a good 8.
The combat isnt broken. how good do you expect soldiers to be? I mean the templars will give you beating if you leave them some room to do so which is how it should be, And its good to know you just killed tht asshole that grabed you like 9 times.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 05:23

I have run into a problem, just started memory 4 and climbed all the view points but cant find any of the investgations to do! i talked to your man in the assassination bearuo place but still nothing, any help?

Is level 4 the one where you can start going into other sections of the city? Have you tried the rich areas?

And its good to know you just killed tht asshole that grabed you like 9 times.

I still dont know what the throw move is for. You always just roll a little and get back up. Its just annoying.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 05:25

The combat isnt broken. how good do you expect soldiers to be?

But when an Assassins can play conan the barbarian and take out over 30 guards with ease,then something is seriously wrong.

Btw I also disliked how every entrance to each city,and every missions befor each assassins was the same,how about making some wagon enter the city,and hide into it pass the guards,instead of melting into the priest everytime?

How about more variety to each sidequst mission?
Felt like I played the same thing every assassin.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 25 Nov 07 21:27:19 >
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 06:16
The combat is broken. Plain and simple. It looks good when you counter and enemy, but the auto block/parry, stupid throw move and lack of any real control over the moves you perform make it retarded. Hell, the combat system in Heavenly Sword is better...

But combat isn' t the main focus, and the rest of the controls are cool. It' s a tad to simplistic though, ...like being able to just quickly lock on to a guard and throw a knife at him. There' s next to no skill involved in that sort of thing, and while that makes it accessible, it also pisses me off.

Anyway, Mass Effect is consuming most of my time right now so the last two Assassinations will have to wait. It' s a good game, ...but it isn' t that good.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 06:21

There' s next to no skill involved in that sort of thing, and while that makes it accessible, it also pisses me off

I agree completely. As soon as I saw that in a dev playtest I didn' t like the looks of it. Then Jade went on to say that they wouldn' t tell us how you get the knives, but that you would have to choose their use wisely, so I thought " ok, they are overpowered, but at least they will be hard to get and a valuable resource" . Wrong, they are easy as all hell to get, and I purposely avoid using them in order to make the game more difficult and more realistic.
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: ASSASINS CREED IMPRESSIONS 360 - Nov 26, 2007 10:56
Memory 4 isnt broken.... Thats where it stops telling you where the vantage points are, You have to spot them yourself then climb em then itll show you your missions.
I think its better that way, But the way they just changed it was totally fked up i restarted that memory 5 times before i relised i was supposed to find them myself.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 50 of 50

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message