Albums of the Year

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Albums of the Year - Nov 08, 2007 05:48
We' re into November now, so here' s a thread for you all to list top 10 albums of the year. I' ve missed some albums this year with the wedding, but here' s mine anyway - I did buy more than this but I' m only listing albums I think deserve at least an 8.5.

1. Neurosis - Given to the Rising
After a couple of mellow albums, Neurosis return to their ferocious roots, bringing everything they have mastered over the last 20 years with them.

2. El-P - I' ll Sleep When You' re Dead
I' m not the worlds biggest hip-hop fan, but El-P' s dark urban ranting and incredible production has had me listening to this most days since March

3. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
It isn' t With Teeth. Yay!!!

4. Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien
Insanely technical death/grind which manages to cover almost every aspect of extreme metal. Sometimes in one song.

5. Ministry - The Last Sucker
Big Al' s final goodbye, as he walks off into the sunset with George W. Just makes the fans wish he isn' t going to stop.

6. Down - Over the Under
Another fine southern/stoner album, carrying on in the vein of II.

7. Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion
the last couple of Clutch albums have been stormers, but here they fully embrace the bluesy rock they have flirted with on previous outings to great effect. Boogietastic.

8. Red Harvest - A Greater Darkness
After the disappointing Infernal Punishment Programmes, Red Harvest pile on the industrial electronics to produce another album bursting with apart with evil atmosphere.

9. Comcichrist - What the Fuck is Wrong with You People?
A brilliant club orientated industrial album with bass to shake your fillings and treble to burst your eardrums. Combichrist can claim themselves kings of the heavybooted dancefloor scene.

10. Melecesh - Emissaries
Perfectly captures the heretical themes of traditional black metal albums combined with their distinctive Middle Eastern chord structures. Refreshing and vital for anyone interested in looking outside Norway for their fix of grim.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***