Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 01:01
Anybody got one of these or know of a friend that has one.

I thinking this is what I wont for my birthday.

I think its better than buying a vga cable for the 360 or the ps3 when ever that comes out.

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 01:03
Second Question Where the hell would the sound come from.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 31 Oct 07 18:00:21 >

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 01:42
Why would it be better than a vga cable for 360? The more you have between your source and your TV/monitor, the more interference generally. Best to keep it simple.

And the sound would come from the optical out on the console cable, or the remaining leads on the component cable.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 01:45
Well Computer monitors don' t usually have speakers so the audio which is seperate anyways would go straight to your speakers. I' m guessing you have component cables. The two audio red and white go straight into your speakers. You could also go optical if your speakers have to inputs for it. That is to put your optical cable from your PS3 to your speakers. If you have HDMI, you can set the PS3 to output sound to the AV cable that comes with the PS3 and use HDMI for video and AV for sound.

I use one monitor for my PC,PS3 and 360 and I have cheap speakers with only one input. I have my speakers connected to my PC soundcard , and audio from my PS3/360 connected to an AV switchbox, which is connected to an adapter to turn white and red into a single pecker that goes into the line/in on my sound card. It works fine except I have to leave my computer on to have sound for my PS3 or 360.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 01:59

Well Computer monitors don' t usually have speakers so the audio which is seperate anyways would go straight to your speakers. I' m guessing you have component cables. The two audio red and white go straight into your speakers. You could also go optical if your speakers have to inputs for it. That is to put your optical cable from your PS3 to your speakers. If you have HDMI, you can set the PS3 to output sound to the AV cable that comes with the PS3 and use HDMI for video and AV for sound.

I use one monitor for my PC,PS3 and 360 and I have cheap speakers with only one input. I have my speakers connected to my PC soundcard , and audio from my PS3/360 connected to an AV switchbox, which is connected to an adapter to turn white and red into a single pecker that goes into the line/in on my sound card. It works fine except I have to leave my computer on to have sound for my PS3 or 360.

Right on man I got the same set up expect my pc speakers are 7.1 so I have an input on my mother board for each speaker. I will need to get one of those connectors that converts the red and white audio cables to a standard audio jack and then put that jack in my computer audio in-port and bam 7.1 ( or somthing like that ) audio . Do you think this will work.

Why would it be better than a vga cable for 360? The more you have between your source and your TV/monitor, the more interference generally. Best to keep it simple.

Oh no my man have you seen what this box can do its amazing. You get the same or better quality with this box. I just gonna need some sound.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:22

Right on man I got the same set up expect my pc speakers are 7.1 so I have an input on my mother board for each speaker. I will need to get one of those connectors that converts the red and white audio cables to a standard audio jack and then put that jack in my computer audio in-port and bam 7.1 ( or somthing like that ) audio . Do you think this will work.

It works for me. I' m only doing 2.1 though. I don' t know if you can do 7.1 this way, probably. The following link shows you how and has a picture of what the adapter might look like.

http://shaymus22.wordpress.com/2006/08/11/pipe-your-xbox360-audio-through-your-pc-speakers-in-10-steps/

If you only have your PS3 and PC, you won' t need a switch box. But it you have something else too, you' ll need one of those as well.

So if that' s the case as it is with me. This is how your audio connections will look like the way I did it.

PC audio as it is now, with speakers directly into your soundcard or motherboard (if you don' t use a soundcard).

All other audio->switch box->red+white adapter->Line/IN

http://www.totalconsole.com/catalog/av%20selector%203in1out.jpg
An example of an AV switch box. I have this one. It only cost me 9$ and it works fine.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 31 Oct 07 18:31:30 >
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

choupolo
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:36
I used to run my 360s sound through my PC. As far as I can remember you need the optical out to get proper surround sound though. I had the AV front end for my XFi, but even then there was a lot of distortion and gradual delay.

So I had to resort to a home theatre surround system with the right slots which I now have directly connected up to my PC and 360.

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:42

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:43
I vga box I have now is a very old one and it comes with audio so I am going try to reroute some things to see if I can get some type of ouput to my 7.1
[link=
http://pics.computerbase.de/1/3/7/2/2/12.jpg] Here is a picture of my mother board [/link] I hope this works
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 31 Oct 07 18:52:17 >

choupolo
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:49
As I say, you' d get stereo sound with that cable (or simulated surround if your system does that), but not proper 7.1.

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 02:55

As I say, you' d get stereo sound with that cable (or simulated surround if your system does that), but not proper 7.1.

Cool I not looking for 7.1 I just lookin for some type of sound thanks for all your guys help .

Agent you are the man . You as well choupolo I will give some feed back later on tonight.

mikayd2
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 01, 2007 10:20
Works like a charm thank you all its not quite 7.1 and the subs woofers are bangin Thank to the both of you. Now all I got to do is get the new vga box

choupolo
RE: Neoya X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder - Nov 02, 2007 05:09
Nice one. Although I stilll dont know what this vga box is meant to do over a standard cable? It cant be better signal quality surely?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 1 Nov 07 21:11:29 >