Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez]
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 03:47

ORIGINAL: gamer4eva

Well said dawg. One thing i noticed. It' s called the fanboy.

is this forum full of xbots then?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 04:23

ORIGINAL: Teardrop

ORIGINAL: gamer4eva

Well said dawg. One thing i noticed. It' s called the fanboy.

is this forum full of xbots then?

" Xbot" ? ...O ***, other gamesite forums are starting to leak in! Run head for the high grounds! ITS STARTING!!!

To think we' ve gone some 4 or so years without the stupid labels like Xbot or Sony Slave. Sure fanboy was often used but thats the full extent of it.

Why WHy WHY...didnt we nutor them when we had the chance!
< Message edited by Mass X -- 29 Oct 07 20:24:19 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 04:28
Lets have Loco stab them in the face!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 07:19

how did he manage that? its not like they are easy to break.. I' ve dropped/walked on mine the whole time and not a sign of damage..

Unless it was some sort of ps3 pad and Blender loving.

Babies have special powers making them masters at breaking cherished/expensive items. It doesn' t matter how tough you think something is a baby will look you straight in the eyes and laugh at you for your inadaquacies. Then smash it, as if to say " baby proof, HAAAAA!" Babies are evil.

Case in point:
Aside from the usual waking up screaming at 4am for minor reasons, the times where i' ve observed babies to be the happiest is when they are torturing their parents. They will laugh histerically if they can get their parents to bend over backwards for them in some ridiculous game.

Let me tell you about a few bahaviours i' ve seen. Babies usually wear diapers for the first few years right, I don' t know something like two or three years. But they begin the gain control over their plumbing in just a few months, the control isn' t strong enough and they don' t know what they' re supposed to do with that control. But I' ve seen some pretty creative things. I' ve seen two individual babies play this game. They let their parents know that they just dropped a load in their diaper. They might cry or whatever to alert mom or dad, but it never fails they also reveal this smerk on their face whenever they' re about to pull something off.

As soon as the parents go to change the baby he/she pisses in their face. I' ve seen babies do this multiple times and they always laugh histerically. They know what they' re doing, and they always get away with it because there are never any consequences for babies.

I have a cousin who is a year old. His game is to grab daddies keys and throw them on the ground. If you don' t give him the keys he' ll cry, if you do he' ll immediately throw them on the ground. lol my cousin is an evil genius. He likes to do it with moms purse to. If his parents are holding him upstairs somewhere, he' ll hold on to something for hours just so he can wait until he' s near the staircase and throw it all the way downstairs. The further his parents have to walk to get something the more he laughs at them. It doesn' t work with his toys either he wants dads keys or moms purse. Clever bastard. I can already tell i' m going to have fun with this kid whe he' s older.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 29 Oct 07 23:45:33 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 07:41

Agent Ghost:Babies have special powers making them masters at breaking cherished/expensive items. It doesn' t matter how tough you think something is a baby will look you straight in the eyes and laugh at you for your inadaquacies. Then smash it, as if to say " baby proof" HAAAAA! Babies are evil.

I can definitly vouch for that with my experience working at a daycare...A major example being that we had 2 of the same toy truck. Very thick sturdy looking plastic. The kids had that sucker in peices within 3 days. I decided to have at it with the other truck to see just how and the hell they did this...needless to say I needed a friggin hammer to copy the destruction that they had caused.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 08:16

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Agent Ghost:Babies have special powers making them masters at breaking cherished/expensive items. It doesn' t matter how tough you think something is a baby will look you straight in the eyes and laugh at you for your inadaquacies. Then smash it, as if to say " baby proof" HAAAAA! Babies are evil.

I can definitly vouch for that with my experience working at a daycare...A major example being that we had 2 of the same toy truck. Very thick sturdy looking plastic. The kids had that sucker in peices within 3 days. I decided to have at it with the other truck to see just how and the hell they did this...needless to say I needed a friggin hammer to copy the destruction that they had caused.

It' s even worse when you come home and see a relative (6 year old cousin) has turned your DVD collection into a tower held together with glue.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 08:27
I like cutting people. I don' t stab.

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Lets have Loco stab them in the face!

Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 07:03

Terrak has no idea what gameplay is. " OMG IT SAME CONTROLS IT SAME GAME" lmfao, idiot. Read the posts above, if you can' t comprehend those you' re hopeless.

SO what we are peddling here is the game sucks because it ' copies' alot from Farcry and supposedly Farcry was a crap game?

Well according to Meta Critic & Gamerankings

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/farcry?q=far%20cry
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/371314.asp?q=far%20cry

Nothing can be further from the truth.

Average of 89% is hardly grounds to call it crap. Sure people may not like it, but remember its only There OPINION.

So lets break it down, Crysis which ' copies' Farcry' s gameplay which (according to Metacritics) has solid reviews bordering on excellent, has the best graphical effects available today, and yet people here still think its only a crap, mediocre and average game?? Glad this is a Forum were people can have OPINIONS.

OK so where exactly does any of your arguments actually stand up?

Oh and the insults? Is that what we resort to when we lack an arguement? Please. I made my arguement you can either argue against it or agree, you choice but lets please leave petty name calling out of it.

Ok if some people here say that Graphics can' t make a game great (& Crysis has the best graphics currently), does that mean that no one will be bragging about the next 360/ps3 game with awesome graphics? Is that what some people are saying?
Nitro

RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 07:31

Ok if some people here say that Graphics can' t make a game great (& Crysis has the best graphics currently), does that mean that no one will be bragging about the next 360/ps3 game with awesome graphics? Is that what some people are saying?

Were you away when those of us that bought it (or played the demo) slated The Darkness, even though the graphics are great?

Did you miss the time when those of us that bought (or played the demo) Heavenly Sword, slated the game, even though the graphics are amazing?

Have you forgotten the time when those of us that have played Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, slated the game, even though the graphics - according to reviews - are almost Pixar quality? Oh wait, ...this happened just a couple of hours ago in the other thread...

You obviously have a selective memory, ...or something.
Terrak

RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 08:14
Well honestly i have been rather busy so i have only visited this site a few times in the past few weeks so no i haven' t gone through every thread. If anyone is more critical of games that would be you so in that sense my argument doesn' t apply to you. But you think that was the point of my argument? Please. I have no interest in Crysis. Fact is i couldn' t care less really (have i been posting in Crysis threads how great this game will be and how much i want it? No). Thats because i' m using this thread as simply a means to an end.

What i see here now clearly is how people ignore graphics when determining how good a game is, excellent point to make when arguing the merits of Wii games, which has limited graphics. We also see that having gameplay similar to its predecessor is grounds to label it mediocre, It might come in handy should i wish to have grounds to label 360/ps3 games similarly. I can use this thread for leverage in any argument regarding the Wii and limited graphics & Gameplay differences. It works nicely for me actually.
Nitro

RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 08:35
What Wii games have people been slating because of the graphics? ...and who' s been slating them?
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 10:32

ow did he manage that? its not like they are easy to break.. I' ve dropped/walked on mine the whole time and not a sign of damage..

Unless it was some sort of ps3 pad and Blender loving.

He soaked them in spit casueing the battery to get all wet. The boy is only 11 months and already costing me a arm and a leg but I love him. Thank sony for making things wireless or I would have came home with my ps3 on the floor lol.
Terrak

RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 18:20
My point is how can someone talk about how good a game looks on the 360/ps3, how realistic it looks, the physics and graphical effects, but when they see Crysis, which is argueably the best looking game with the best graphics, physics etc etc, and all of the sudden the talk is like, Meh? I don' t understand it. Fine the gameplay may be average and similar to Far cry, but what world did i wake up in when the best graphics is treated with such disinterest? I don' t know, with all those arguements before about the limited graphics of the Wii being its achillies heel, which i still agree with, all of the sudden when there are examples of awesome graphics/effects (as is exhibited in Crysis) get this type of reception it does make me wonder. If anything i thought people would be talking up how realistic it looks, the physics etc etc and why the Wii is doomed (hehehe). But i don' t see it (maybe i should be happy about it lol). Its just such a surprise more then anything.

BTW Mikayd2 almost your sons 1rst birthday - Congrats!! Hope he doesn' t destroy to much of your stuff so you can throw a big party for him LOL.

Nitro

RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 31, 2007 19:02

ORIGINAL: Terrak

My point is how can someone talk about how good a game looks on the 360/ps3, how realistic it looks, the physics and graphical effects, but when they see Crysis, which is argueably the best looking game with the best graphics, physics etc etc, and all of the sudden the talk is like, Meh? I don' t understand it. Fine the gameplay may be average and similar to Far cry, but what world did i wake up in when the best graphics is treated with such disinterest? I don' t know, with all those arguements before about the limited graphics of the Wii being its achillies heel, which i still agree with, all of the sudden when there are examples of awesome graphics/effects (as is exhibited in Crysis) get this type of reception it does make me wonder. If anything i thought people would be talking up how realistic it looks, the physics etc etc and why the Wii is doomed (hehehe). But i don' t see it (maybe i should be happy about it lol). Its just such a surprise more then anything.

You' re reading too much into things. If a game look nice but plays like shit (see Lair or Heavely Sword for examples) - posters here generally say so. They talk about the techincal merit, but complain that the gameplay itself is weak.

It' s been the same with Crysis. We' ve discussed the technical merits to death, talked about the screenshots, videos etc... and now that we' ve actually played it we' re discussing the gameplay - which as far as i' m concerned is a pretty standard afair in that it doesn' t do anything new, but does what it does well.

I think some people probably expected Crysis to be groundbreaking like the Half Life games were, and instead, because it' s so similar (in parts) to Cryteks previous game - some people are disappointed.

The underlying point that some people seem to have missed is what UnluckyOne touched on last week when he said that the game was a glorified tech demo designed to sell the engine. That doesn' t mean Crytek aren' t trying to create a great game, but it' s definitely where the focus is.

I think the issue most people have with graphically weak Wii games, isn' t about the console itself, it' s about the lack of effort that' s been put into crafting them. I mean, it' s pretty shitty when there are Gamecube games, Xbox games and even PS2 games that are better looking than 90% of the Wii games currently available. It wouldn' t be a problem if the mcahine wasn' t capable, but games like Super Mario Galaxy prove that it is - which means that developers just aren' t trying hard enough.

If you look at the hardware, it' s almost identical to Gamecubes, just clocked faster. So why aren' t the standards in first generation Wii games as high as the last generation of Gamecube games? The best we' ve seen so far have been RE4 and Twilight Princess, and they ARE Gamecube games.

gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Nov 01, 2007 00:34

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages