Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez]
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 28, 2007 18:47

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Are you drunk?

A Really tired, ' tipsy' yes,. Been a long time since ive Enjoyed this 75% Jamaican Rum locked away. (im not usually a drinker).

I only ask because yor
It' s you' re but carry on..

spelling, grammer
grammer? you mean grammar?!

and sentence construction in this post is worse then usual. Either you' re drunk or you mild retardation just jumped in severity.
you mild? You mean you' re mild retardation just jumped in severity.

Next

That' ll teach me not to proof read my posts!

Buy hey, i' m Jewish and we run the freaking galaxy. You watch it or you' ll end up frozen in carbonite... :P

and why are you even contemplating playing the multiplayer in this game? I thought you had standards? It' s worse than Half Life 2: Deathmatch for heavens sake.

MP, I' ve been playing MP Crysis since the early Beta days and i know how it plays and what it offers and the potential that it has. Obviously, like anything else on the planet, it' s not going to please everyone.

I' m liking it and finding it' s depths with people who feel the same and we' ve having great times with it. that' s all that matters.

Uh huh, but you' re always talking about playing competitively. It might be fun, but it' s really unbalanced. Crysis multiplayer and games like CS 1.6 are world apart.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 28, 2007 23:29

So if there is a ps3/360 game with ' breathtaking' GRAPHICS and all the highend effects its a great game. But when we talk about a PC game with BETTER graphics effects etc then anything on the planet, we' ll start focusing on how crap the GAMEPLAY is?!!? ALLLLLLLrighty then.

Lets narrow it down then. Why exactly is this game crap? The graphics $#!ts on everything so thats not the problem. So its the gameplay - the fact that it play like games before it (FArcry) - is that the problem? HMMM how many 360 games play like its predecessors? Considering the control scheme has not changed, lets just say its pretty much every 360 game plays THE SAME. So we' ll bag a PC game that plays similar to its predecessor but when a 360 does the exact same thing people here start using the improvement in graphics as an excuse? Tell me were the term hypocrisy DOESN' T apply, because seriously i' m looking for any excuse not to use it.

Lets face it people here are trying to find any excuse to bag out Crysis. Hey i' ve never played Crysis and i don' t really care for it, but when i see people absolutely praising how good 360/ps3 games are because of HD graphics, which makes them better then Wii games, yet when a game with better then HD graphics comes out for PC all of the sudden ' better graphics' ceases to be a reason to make a great game, and having similar gameplay to a previous game all of the sudden makes it crap.

If anyone actually give good valid reason to why they think it' s ' meh' etc you could take them seriously. Very rarely any constructive criticism here, just dumb blatant fanboy jealously.

Anyone who has played the demo properly would have mentioned the two flaws to it:

1)At times the shooting collision is a tiny bit off once your around 10 feet away from your target.

2)emeries take too many rounds to die if you shoot them anywhere else other than their head.

Everything else about the demo pretty dam bad-ass you they know it
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 28, 2007 23:35
Terrak WTH are u talking about ? There is a lot to like about gears of war , not only the graphics . Nobody likes Halo 3 for its graphics . Heavenly sword sucks and everybody agrees it does despite the high production values and awesome graphics . I guess you dont have any games to play on the gimp so u just posted some bs . Go play ea playground or something .
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 02:02

Go play ea playground or something .

lulz
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 02:06
I liekd the demo, in every aspect exept the story. Not that I disliked the story, I just didn' t care about it. because it was as sandard as standard gets.

The rest of the demo was really fun, it' s not revoultionary in any aspect, it' s not FPS 2.0, rather I' d call it FPS 1.5. It' s has everyting every great FPS game has (' cept a good story like Bioshock) only prettier, smarter, improved physics, more, etc. In fact the only new addition to the gamepley was he combat suit, which I DID fins to be a nice addition to the general fps play. Also, this isn' t unusual, even HL2 only introduced one USP to the FPS genre, which is everybodys beloved Grav Gun.

Admittedly the game didn' t look so very nice on my low end computer, but it still seems as though the have done a good job on compatability to older comps, as it ran soothley on my 3 year old comp.

It' s too early for me to talk about level design, but I can say that the first level was not bad, but doesn' t come enar the greater levels of Halo3, but this level served it' s purpose as an introduction to the general gameplay mechanics of Crysis.

The problem I had with the Demo was that it showed little to no freedom in routes to vomplete objectives in the game. Sure there was plenty of different tactics to use, however I had come to expect a very open, big island to roam around, not freely, but almost. Still, as I said earlier, it' s to early for me to say really commetn the level designs.

I dunno, it' s way to early for me to really get a grip on Crysis, especially as I didn' t play all of Far Cry, but what I played I liked. As of yet I think it might be hard for Crysis to get my vote as Game of the Year, esp because of my love for Bioshock, Halo 3 and Orange Box. But the game seems promesing, at least I think so.

Edit:

Oh, and why the *** do the koreans start speaking english when they notice you? It doesn' t make any sense!

Also, why is T the melee button? It jsut makes no sense at all!

And the misspelligns is not because I' m drunk. I' m simply stupid.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 28 Oct 07 18:39:48 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 02:33

HMMM how many 360 games play like its predecessors? Considering the control scheme has not changed, lets just say its pretty much every 360 game plays THE SAME.

Why yes moron, that is a problem when the predecessor was boring mediocre garbage to start with.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 03:10

Oh, and why the *** do the koreans start speaking english when they notice you? It doesn' t make any sense!

Try a higher difficulty setting.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 03:24
I might go so far as to say I think I liked Far Cry better.

At least that game made no pretence at a serious story. The main character Jack Carver was almost as comedic as Serious Sam.

Crysis is a B-movie with a blockbuster budget. Everything from the unskippable advertising at the beginning to the cutscenes that merely take over your controls insult me.

I might be irrational here but I' m gonna blame it all on EA.
Nitro

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 08:57
There was nothing wrong with the non-Trigen parts of Far Cry. It was actually pretty groundbreaking, though that was all tech.

Crysis is Far Cry on steroids, not a bad thing if you liked Far Cry.

It' s technically brilliant, which is where the focus is because afterall, the game has been made to sell the engine, much in the same way that Gears was made to sell UE3.0. The difference is that apart from the nanosuit, the gameplay and location (well, the much lauded tropical island at least) is the same as that in Far Cry. Gears on the otherhand was different and " fresh" ???

Crysis is a game i would play for the singleplayer campaign. I think the mutiplayer is horrendous. But i also wouldn' t expect the campaign to be as well formed as say, Half Life 2' s for example. I' ll enjoy it, i like the demo and i liked Far Cry, but i' ll wait for the amazing looking Far Cry 2 before i start to claim the return of Christ.
ginjirou

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 19:02

It' s technically brilliant, which is where the focus is because afterall, the game has been made to sell the engine, much in the same way that Gears was made to sell UE3.0.

That' s great and all and I really think the engine was cool but why should I as a gamer buy something that is a tech demonstration? I' d rather wait for a company to make a good game with the engine. Especially if the engine requires me to upgrade my PC.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 19:21
now i havent played Crysis, i despised Far Cry so i have bothered with Crysis.

but looking at posts i finding a fun pattern.

VF5 Likes game (mentioned in other thread)

Someone bashes game

VF5 calls someone fanboy and stupid

Someone explains why game isnt all that good

Terrak takes VF5 side and bashes someone...

Nitro

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 19:51

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Terrak takes VF5 side and bashes someone...

Aren' t we all supposed to be humouring these people?
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 23:45
Yo I played this game but to be honest it does remind me of farcry in which was cool. I love the story line but the game play is kinda sucks. But that is how I fill and by the way it looks great.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 29, 2007 23:48

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Yo I played this game but to be honest it does remind me of farcry in which was cool. I love the story line but the game play is kinda sucks. But that is how I fill and by the way it looks great.

Did you have your kid then MikayD?
ginjirou

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 30, 2007 00:26
Isn' t MikayD the guy who wrote a really long post about how he got a PS3 and how much he loves it and then as a side note he wrote a line or two that he had a kid. Then he continued to praise the PS3... umm.... was it MikayD?
mikayd2

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 30, 2007 00:29
Oh yeah he his walking and breaking things already. He broke 2 of my ps3 controllers. I had 4 now I am down to 2 lol having a child is expensive but I love him more than my ps3 and thats hard for me to do lol.
Nitro

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 30, 2007 00:30

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Isn' t MikayD the guy who wrote a really long post about how he got a PS3 and how much he loves it and then as a side note he wrote a line or two that he had a kid. Then he continued to praise the PS3... umm.... was it MikayD?

He' s the guy who bought several PS3 controllers a couple of weeks before PS3 launched in the US and then couldn' t afford the machine upon release and had to wait for about a month or so before he got one.
mikayd2

RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 30, 2007 00:35
Yeap that was me . I love my ps3 and my son. I love my ps3 more than I love my wife lol I know its sad but I gots to have my ps3.

He' s the guy who bought several PS3 controllers a couple of weeks before PS3 launched in the US and then couldn' t afford the machine upon release and had to wait for about a month or so before he got one.

Yeah thats me two lol I do some crazy things in my life. my son was born on the 2nd and the ps3 came out on the 17 and I had to make a choice my son or my ps3 . I chose my son

Brotha was broke when in november having a child is very expensive.
< Message edited by Mikayd2 -- 29 Oct 07 16:37:48 >
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Crysis = Far cry with mods... [title snipped - jeez] - Oct 30, 2007 01:02

So if there is a ps3/360 game with ' breathtaking' GRAPHICS and all the highend effects its a great game. But when we talk about a PC game with BETTER graphics effects etc then anything on the planet, we' ll start focusing on how crap the GAMEPLAY is?!!? ALLLLLLLrighty then.

Lets narrow it down then. Why exactly is this game crap? The graphics $#!ts on everything so thats not the problem. So its the gameplay - the fact that it play like games before it (FArcry) - is that the problem? HMMM how many 360 games play like its predecessors? Considering the control scheme has not changed, lets just say its pretty much every 360 game plays THE SAME. So we' ll bag a PC game that plays similar to its predecessor but when a 360 does the exact same thing people here start using the improvement in graphics as an excuse? Tell me were the term hypocrisy DOESN' T apply, because seriously i' m looking for any excuse not to use it.

Lets face it people here are trying to find any excuse to bag out Crysis. Hey i' ve never played Crysis and i don' t really care for it, but when i see people absolutely praising how good 360/ps3 games are because of HD graphics, which makes them better then Wii games, yet when a game with better then HD graphics comes out for PC all of the sudden ' better graphics' ceases to be a reason to make a great game, and having similar gameplay to a previous game all of the sudden makes it crap.

Well said dawg. One thing i noticed. It' s called the fanboy.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis=Far cry with mods...basically,lol *** that piece of shit and *** Gangsta! - Oct 30, 2007 02:52

He broke 2 of my ps3 controllers

how did he manage that? its not like they are easy to break.. I' ve dropped/walked on mine the whole time and not a sign of damage..

Unless it was some sort of ps3 pad and Blender loving.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 29 Oct 07 18:53:01 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread