What Game(s) are you currently playing?

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 137
Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 20, 2007 01:19

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I started the PS3 version proper last night and it' s worse than any review has made out. The framerate is disgusting, the tearing is as bad, if not worse then the 360' s is in the first villiage, yet PS3 suffers everywhere, and the texture quality is noticably worse.

Good, Hve not opened it yet, should be able to do a swap for the 360 version.

Sound.

It' s a really good game, but it' s not for everybody. I' m enjoying it, but i also really enjoyed Double Agent (though not as much as Chaos Theory) too and many people were disappointed.

The 360 version is better because Ubisoft simply [rightly] expect to sell more copies on that version, and so didn' t spend the money required to bring the PS3 version up to par. It sucks for people that only own a PS3 and really want the game but it' s Ubisoft and it' s how they operate. Double Agent, Vegas, GRAW 2 and now Assassins Creed are all better on 360. They look better and they run better. They' re not bad games, and compared to many other titles they' re still pretty awesome, but it you want the best version you want the 360 versions.

Obviously, when the PC version of Creed comes out it' ll be the definitive verion of the game (probably). Unless they completely screw it up, it' ll look nicer and run smoother than the 360 version, ...but for me, somebody who doesn' t use a HD projector, or play games on my TV, the 360 version is king.

Now, the game is far from perfect. The combat, as i stated in the other thread - is broken, ...but the game is about the story and the freerunning, not the combat, so it' s something i' ve purposefully overlooked. The game didn' t live up to the hype, even for me, but it' s pretty solid [if somewhat buggy in places] and well worth playing as long as you' re not short on cash.

It' ll be interesting to see what they do with the sequels, even more so where they take the next Prince of Persia game, and even more so how the dynamic crowds and social stealth in Conviction pans out...

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 20, 2007 01:57

ORIGINAL: Nitro

The combat, as i stated in the other thread - is broken, ...but the game is about the story and the freerunning, not the combat, so it' s something i' ve purposefully overlooked.

So why dont you just overlook the combat in too human and just focus on the story and the role playing elements ..

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 20, 2007 03:58

ORIGINAL: 2pac

The combat, as i stated in the other thread - is broken, ...but the game is about the story and the freerunning, not the combat, so it' s something i' ve purposefully overlooked.

So why dont you just overlook the combat in too human and just focus on the story and the role playing elements ..

Y' know, i thought exactly the same thing, ...and i thought about posting it, but decided - nah

In fact, even though i knew from the beginning that Mass Effect was going to be badass, it' s recently given me more hope for Too Human. I' m buying it anyways, and deep down i know i' ll like it, but it' s fun slating struggling developers.

2pac
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 20, 2007 21:51

ORIGINAL: Majik

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Y' know, i thought exactly the same thing, ...and i thought about posting it, but decided - nah

In fact, even though i knew from the beginning that Mass Effect was going to be badass, it' s recently given me more hope for Too Human. I' m buying it anyways, and deep down i know i' ll like it, but it' s fun slating struggling developers.

When is the damn demo coming ?

I am currently playing

Crysis
Crackdown
Switchball

You guys should try switchball . I found it surprisingly enjoyable .

gamer4eva
  • Total Posts : 104
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 22, 2007 00:33
Super Mario Galaxy

The best god dam game ever created.

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 22, 2007 09:11
Portal

The best god damn game ever created. AND it has a catchy ending theme. Your turn!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 22, 2007 09:35
Crysis,CoD4,Assassins creed,and Fear files.

And in friday I will have Mass effect+AC6,not bad heh?
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 22, 2007 11:52

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 26, 2007 13:19
I am playing Uncharted and Assassin' s Creed. Uncharted is amazing, I love the game. AC kind of fell flat on its face for me. It looks pretty, it controls well, but going over the same half-baked investigation missions over and over again when they are all the same so I can get to the real meat of the game, the assassinations, which are enjoyable and different from one another, is just painful. Is not a bad game by any means, but is not the be-all it was hyped out to be.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 26, 2007 22:36
Crysis = Really is the shit.. (If you play it on a PC to do it justice AND help' s if you use your Nano suite Properly )

HL Eps 2 = Playing in between Crysis, Feels even more dated and Scripted than ever (after Crysis), still great in its own right, full of nice puzzle ideas, im liking it.

Mass Effect = A perfect Game to play on sundays. Instead of watching repeat Space Programs, live it , Intereact with it, bitches. I see ME more of a interactive ' Star trek' Rather than a traditional Videogame IE SMG. And thats a good thing, Cool, unique gaming experience indeed.

Zak & Wiki = Seeing as though UK Wii releases are so far behind, i have a Second Wii to play Gems like Z&W Early. The first few puzzles started off really predictable and gimmicky but i realized they are merely tutorials, the real clever stuff kicks in a few Puzzles after. Great Game, so original too. If you have a Wii and don' t own this game, you have missed out.

Outrun 2006 (PC)

SMG and vs VF5 of course.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 26 Nov 07 14:50:37 >
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 05:52
This past weekend I was on a FLIGHT gaming kick. Played and finished 3 flight combat games on the Xbox 360;

1. Ace Combat: Skies of Liberation
2. Blazing Angels 2
3. Project Sylpheed

It' s kind of funny how one game deals with planes from the past, one game deals with more modern fighter jets, and the other one deals with futuristic space craft.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 06:48

It' s kind of funny how one game deals with planes from the past, one game deals with more modern fighter jets, and the other one deals with futuristic space craft.

I bet, Jeez Thats alot of Flight, you must be Motion sickness immune.
Currently playing:
FSX (P

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 06:53

Crysis = Really is the shit.. (If you play it on a PC to do it justice AND help' s if you use your Nano suite Properly )
Did you actually get your " high end PC" this time?

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 07:43

I bet, Jeez Thats alot of Flight, you must be Motion sickness immune.

I imagine most of us don' t get motion sickness. I wouldn' t play videogames if I had that problem. Do you get motion sickness?
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Virtua fighter 5
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 08:01

Did you actually get your " high end PC" this time?

Ya, About a month ago now.

I imagine most of us don' t get motion sickness. I wouldn' t play videogames if I had that problem. Do you get motion sickness?

IT was a joke, For some reason HL2 engine makes me feel alitte MS after a while.. but apart from that, nope.

On the Subject of HL2, I completed Eps 2 earlier on today, The last Mission was very cool indeed. Didnt expect the abrupt ending though.. was quite moving actually.. snif.. snif..

Hope they make Episode 3, more open ended, Give Gorden the Car to travel a sandbox World (black mason being your Base) in which you can evolve the story at your own pace. That would be cool.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 27 Nov 07 0:02:12 >
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 08:11
I actually find the HL2 engine dizzying as well. We must be mentally challenged in some way, I guess

Virtua fighter 5
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 08:20
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 09:37
Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway - PC

Edit: Sorry guys, wish I' d gotten a pre-release, but no, I' m just absentminded. I meant to say Earned in Blood.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 27 Nov 07 20:30:10 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 09:48

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway - PC

What?

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 18:00

What?

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 18:08

On the Subject of HL2, I completed Eps 2 earlier on today, The last Mission was very cool indeed. Didnt expect the abrupt ending though.. was quite moving actually.. snif.. snif..

it really was.
Listen to the wise

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 18:43

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Hope they make Episode 3, more open ended, Give Gorden the Car to travel a sandbox World (black mason being your Base) in which you can evolve the story at your own pace. That would be cool.

Who' s Gorden?

..and..

Where' s Black Mason?

I was under the distinct impression that you rated the Half Life games above 99% of everything else out there - that (like me) you' d played them multiple times.

How could half Life' s Black Mesa operate as Gordon' s base of operations when it' s in Nevada, and all of Half Life 2 takes place in Europe?

I don' t doubt that Episode 3 will take us back to Black Mesa (after mincing around the Arctic and a ship called the Borealis), but what you' re asking in completely unfeasible for the final chapter.

But hey, as long as they bring back the Gargantua, it' s all gravy.

killemoff
  • Total Posts : 173
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 27, 2007 19:09
Currently jumping from:

- Bioshock
- F.E.A.R. (Gold Edition)
- Metroid Prime 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
- A certain crazily popular MMO that i will refrain from mentioning...

I have to say Mario Galaxy surprised me a lot. From the start it had a lot of previous Mario references and the gameplay is pretty much identical, but the whole concept of the levels and overall feeling of polish makes it top notch. A must have.

Still have to grab me a copy of Orange Box.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 27 Nov 07 11:10:16 >

2pac
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 01:47
Mass Effect
Switchball
The Witcher

I am surprised nobody is talking about the witcher . Its one of the better games i have played for quite a while . Buggy as hell but awesome .

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 02:21
Mass Effect and CoD4...tho I need to find another MP game as CoD4 is starting to burn me out...tried Rainbow and now I see the difference between 30 and 60 however I was able to adjust to it so I still dont see why anyone needs to complain about it.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 03:04
I' m playing Mass Effect and Crysis primarily. Already beat Crysis but I can' t get enough of that game. Best PC FPS imo. Just got done knocking out Assassin' s Creed, CoD4 and all of the Orange Box. Once I' m done with Mass Effect I' ll get back to Blue Dragon which I' m about half way through.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 04:29

Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway

Whoops!

I was thinking about Hells Highway at the time. Meant to say Earned in Blood.

Fixed.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 27 Nov 07 20:31:28 >

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 04:35
I got Mario Galaxy at the weekend. The game is fantastic. Brilliant level design, great graphics, excellant controls and music so good I found myself humming some of the music. For once I am actually playing the Wii more than my 360.

Abasoufiane
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 05:14
it looks like i run out of amazing game ON 360 after mass effect, currently playing:

Assassin' s Creed
Blacksite
PGR 4

i' ll leave mario galaxy to january.
Listen to the wise

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 09:40
Assassins creed [ps3]
Guitar hero 3 [ps2]
world in conflict [laptop]
cod4 BROKEN ONLINE ARGGHGGHHGH [ps3]

starting again
Medievil Total War 2
Bf2
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 28 Nov 07 1:41:17 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 10:42
Silent, what do you think of World in Conflict? I' m kinda up in the air with it at the moment. It' s a new twist on RTS gameplay and I' m really not sure if I like the style. Visuals and story are pretty damn good but the lack of actually building anything and have that wierd point system for units gets on my nerves.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Terry Bogard
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 10:46
Also playing WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 for the Xbox 360 & PSP, and man what a BIG piece of trash this year' s update is! I have never seen any other game have as many recycled cutscenes as Smackdown vs. Raw 2008.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 12:27
UT 3 (last game I' m buying in 2007 for me)
Mass Effect
COD 4

I' ll be jumping back into these games next year:

Monster Hunter 2 (PSP)
FF Tactics (PSP)
Bioshock (I still haven' t finished it)
Half-Life 2, Ep 1&2
Team Fortress 2
Mortorstorm
Halo 3

Life is good.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Duffman
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 22:20

and man what a BIG piece of trash this year' s update is!

Most wrestling games are thrash, the only one I ever enjoyed was No Mercy on the N64.

Abasoufiane
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 22:43

FF Tactics (PSP)

i highly recommend jeanne darc over final fantasy tactic.
Listen to the wise

Duffman
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 23:13

Bioshock (I still haven' t finished it)

Bioshock was sooo damn amazing I couldn' t put it down. Definitely a contender for game of the year.

DEFCON

Oh yeah! I remember playing this game a few months back, great game. The music is excellent.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 28 Nov 07 15:26:39 >

Terry Bogard
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 28, 2007 23:35

Most wrestling games are thrash, the only one I ever enjoyed was No Mercy on the N64.

I' ve enjoyed most of the Japanese wrestling games I' ve played whereas was never too fond of many of WWF/WWE offerings, specifically the Smackdown games, but I did enjoy the 2007 edition because of the many changes. This year' s edition however just sucks. It just feels as if the developers were too lazy to even bother trying. Well, at least there' s still Wrestle Kingdom for me to beat for the 25th time

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 29, 2007 02:17
I liked Akis N64 games. Those were simply to control and had nice customization options. One of the Wrestlemania games reminded me of those ones. Im curious as to how well that new wrestling game from Midway will do. Honestly companies need to start pimping that Natural Motion engine.

Theres a whole online series dedicated to Endorphin Wrestling. Just amatuers and hobbyists making some neat things...hmm" neat things" doesnt sound like somthing id say what I meant was " crazy shit" . I have my own but they dont compare.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJYXFSa9io0

2pac
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 29, 2007 02:43
What about the new Fire pro wrestling game ? 1up gave it a 10 . I have never played any of the fire pro games . Was planning to pick it up for the ps2 , if its any good that is ..

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: What Game(s) are you currently playing? - Nov 29, 2007 06:58
Majik, thats because he didnt play them, like most things he claims.

Anyway
CoD4 Online
KOTOR 1 and 2(For about the 20th time)
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 137