Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 18:29

The legend of Zelda is a great example of how to make a good male and female character. Link never said a damn word in all of his years but he' s a thousand times more man and a better character than any bulky dude with some guns or a white looking idiot who becomes a god.

Link has the personality of a rock. Doesnt mean the games are bad, but he isnt a man, he is a midget wearing tights.

Characters should be fitted for the game, the gears of war characters reak personality, you can either like their type or not. The game isnt set to be emotional.

Another slew of cool ladies are:

Zoe Castillo

Cate Archer

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 18:40

ORIGINAL: Marink

This is another reason why I like Anime. Most of the women aren' t made to look defenceless and some can even beat the shit out of the most muscular of men without so much as lifting a finger.

Most anime sucks when it comes to portraying women in a decent way. Sure, they can kill people very easy but they all follow the same role pattern and are strongly affected by the f***ed up japanese view of women. There' s always some kind of perversities going on in anime and the girls are most often the " victims" . I' m sure Quez can tell you all about Marumaro...
Not all anime are like that of course, but most of the bigger ones are.
Anyway, being able to fight and practice martial arts isn' t what I would call the determing factor of what makes someone strong.
But if you want a really strong female cartoon character then Disney' s Mulan is a pretty cool character.
But whatever, to be honest most women in reality aren' t strong when it comes to muscular strength so it' s not very surprising that the same goes for games.
I think many women in games are strong in the same way women are strong in reality, they have strong will and determination.
Don' t take me as a pig now, I' m not saying women can' t be muscular in reality. But most women choose to be strong in other ways. They seem to like it that way.

but he isnt a man, he is a midget wearing tights.

No, he is a Hylian wearing a cool medieval themed wardrobe.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Oct 07 10:44:15 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread