Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How' s Sony doing?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 10:06
Kingdom under fire isn' t a joke.

you dumb fuck.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 13:41
" I agree I got a 360 and I just don’t like the thing its just not my type of system the one and only game I got is halo 3 I have no intention on getting any other game for the 360 . But I can say that am happy with my ps3 I just wish they had better games.

I' m the type of guy that says gears of war sucks. I really dont like those type of cover and shoot games. I love run & blow them up games."

I didn' t say the PS3 was better, both consoles are great. Some prefer one while others will prefer the other, I can live with that.

I was purely talking about sale predictions though. As for Wii, I doubt it will slaughter the PS3 and 360 in terms of games marketshare in the end. It will win with hardware sales for sure, but what does that matter when people aren' t buying games for it?

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 15:06
Am i allowed to say people are idiots for saying the PS3 has better games than the Xbox? or would that make me a fanboy?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 16:06

Am i allowed to say people are idiots for saying the PS3 has better games than the Xbox? or would that make me a fanboy?

The problem is the word " better" . If by better, they mean " higher quality" games, then yes, they are morons. But if by " better" they are reffering to the kinds of games they enjoy more, than it' s quite possible for them to prefer a console with less quality games.

For me, the 360 has more quality games, and I use it more than my ps3. That said, I do use my ps3 for multiplayer more(warhawk owns), and I will probably use my ps3 more in 2008 once I' m done with Mass Effect on 360. As for CoD4 and Assasins Creed, which I will probably get for 360, they don' t count as me playing 360 more, simply because I could get them on ps3 if I wanted.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 17:21

As for CoD4 and Assasins Creed, which I will probably get for 360, they don' t count as me playing 360 more, simply because I could get them on ps3 if I wanted.

Well you could, but up untill now, nearly every single multiplatform game has been better on the 360, which is what counts!
Dagashi

RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 18:04

Well you could, but up untill now, nearly every single multiplatform game has been better on the 360, which is what counts!

That is true, but if Assasins Creed is just as good on the ps3, then I will get it on that. I like the 360 controller just fine for FPS, but for most other games I still prefer the playstation controller.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 19:07
Assassins Creed will be good on PS3 - just not as good as the 360 version.

Call of Duty 4 will be better (graphically) on PS3 - although the superior version will be the PC version. So it' ll have to depend on your pad & online preference.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 17, 2007 21:36
Both IGN+Gamespot gave Kingdom under fire 8.5/10

The new game with 4 player co-op support,and the ability to create weapon and do sidequest and being over 50 hour long,with more then 120 levels gonna kick-ass.

However it will probably land on the same kind of score
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 18, 2007 02:24
I think Sony will do ok in the end. Especially with the cheaper console now I expect them to sell some more hardware.
What is interesting though is that they first mentioned that backwards compatibility was extremely important. They even ridiculed the 360 for emulating games. Later on they do the same in PAL consoles and have even removed it from this latest version.
They also laughed at the fact that Microsoft had two different versions of the 360 available at launch. So what do they do? Have two also and have released even more versions within one year now. So much for sticking to their original ideas.
< Message edited by ys -- 17 Oct 07 18:26:12 >
Dagashi

RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 18, 2007 03:18

So what do they do? Have two also and have released even more versions within one year now. So much for sticking to their original ideas.

As I said in another post I made. Sony is doing what any sensible company/person would do. They thought their approach would be the right one. Obviously that isn' t the case, and they see that, so now they are going with an approach that has already proven itself. If anything, MS fans should be happy, after all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 19, 2007 01:58
Of course it' s sensible. But the key factor then is not to mock others and maybe be a bit more humble from the start? Just in case then.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 19, 2007 02:48

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

So true
Dagashi

RE: How' s Sony doing? - Oct 19, 2007 03:31

Of course it' s sensible. But the key factor then is not to mock others and maybe be a bit more humble from the start? Just in case then.

You are right, but sadly, companies today don' t do that. They need to boast to get attention, even when it' s probably not the smartest thing to do.

Just look at all the things MS said about Sony when critics questioned MS about not having HDMI, I can remember at least one rep that said they were happy with their component setup, and that HDMI wasn' t required. Then they go and make the elite and use the critiques the Ps3 got about not not having an HDMI cord and stick it in theirs and poke fun at Sony. Then they go on to make Xbox Pro' s and Halo 3 with HDMI and no cord.

Both companies have acted like children, and I just hope it stops at this point.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message