Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 UTIII beta today!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 13, 2007 13:19
If you go go the official site, it links you to fileplanet, there was a 45 minute wait so I just torrented it, it went about 800 KB/s, which pretty much maxes me out.

The game runs very smoothly on my 1900XT 512mb, I just kept it what it gave me for default details and turned the resolution up to 1280x1024. It was at the max for textures, and almost all the way for geometry.

The graphics really give the " wow" effect, especially on the oriental deathmatch level. I' m amazed my PC is capable of such insane graphics!

There are also a very nicely done little details and I' m sure they' re still working on them. The sniper is an instantaneous bullet as it always has been but it has a very cool effect similiar to in gears, and when you get a headshot the body flails around a little. In Vehicle CTF you get a hoverboard instead of a translocator (it can be customized of course). I very much appreciate the change. Translocators were probably the most annoying thing in the past UT games. And the hoverboard provides an excellant way to get around huge maps fast when you don' t have a vehicle.

They changed the vehicles, they control even better now and they changed some of the weapons on them to balance them out even more.

The game is pretty amazing so far, it doesn' t really revolutionize or anything, just improves everything.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 13, 2007 13:41
I must be retarded because I can never get a torrent to work. I' m using Gamespot. In 20 minutes I' ll be able to start downloading.... Tomorrow I should have the demo.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 13, 2007 20:59
Wow. Epic really know how to optimise an engine. Just for kicks I decided to put all the sliders to max including post processing and to my surprise I could run the game at a solid 30fps nearly all the time (occasional dips into the high 20' s). This may not sound that great but my current system is ancient.

Athlon 64 3000+
ATI X1950 pro
1.5GB RAM
1280x1024 resolution.

Although I have to say I' m not as impressed with the graphics as I wanted to. Thought they' d be a little sharper. At the moment it seems very muted. Certainly nowhere near the fidelity of the screenshots released over the months. Maybe it' s just my rig but Nitro' s screenies seem exactly the same as mine. I guess it' s only a beta demo so perhaps they' ll have greater graphical options in the full thing.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 14, 2007 06:05
Dammit, have to wait until I get home tomorrow to start downloading. Anyone played each other yet?

Chose the wrong weekend to go to visit my ' rents. Need this, COD4 and VF5 demos!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 Oct 07 22:07:48 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 14, 2007 06:50
I played it. It looks amazing. I' m just not in the mood to play anything, I feel kinda tired. The only match I played was unplayable due to lag, Once the real game comes out and more people have it, we' ll be matched up with more compatible people.

I agree that some of the background textures seem lower res but I' m thinking EPIC didn' t want to send uncompressed textures through as a download.

I haven' t used fraps yet, but at 1920x1200 maxed, the game seems to run at a constant 60fps. I' m going to go test it out now to see what my actual frams are. The game is stunning though. Just like Gears only with a bit more colour.

AM2 4600+ @2.6Ghz
4GB RAM
8800GTX
BFG Physics card
X-fi Sound Card

At maxed settings for 1920x1200 I' m getting 40-60 FPS, usually sticking close to 50fps.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Oct 07 23:10:26 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 15, 2007 07:20
Seriously impressed with the visuals and how smoothly everything runs. Solid 60fps at 1680x1050 and max sliders.

Thats on a X1900XTX 512, 2GbRAM, C2D 2.4GHz and WinXP.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 15, 2007 07:35
UE3 > *
And no one beats Epic' s team in optimizing levels.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: UTIII beta today! - Oct 15, 2007 11:13
Unreal Tournament is boring. Definite NONE purchase to me.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message