Not Enough Wii' s for Santa?

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 03:51
LINK

This is absolute horseshit!!!!! So you have 12 months to plan ahead to make sure that you will have enough of your console to go around come Christmas season, and now that the time is coming close you come out and say " Oh, hey we won' t have enough for the demand" . Horseshit excuse Reggie!!!!!!!!!

The busiest buying season of the year, and Nintendo come out with this piece of great news. I guess someone needs to remind them that Christmas does come every year on December 25, just so that maybe they can plan better for next year.

I guess this will be good for Reggie. He gets to come out after the Christmas season and tell everyone that they were completly sold out of Wii' s!!! It was a great success, we sold what we had out there for the consumer!!!!!

Hey, Reggie. Wouldn' t you would have wanted to have more in stock and maybe had a more sales and a few Wii' s left on the shelf, then having all of them sold out but with less over all sales numbers? I guess it' s how you perceive this information.

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 04:02
They could always come to my hometown and pick up the big pile of Wii' s lying in most shops here. I haven' t seen ANY shop sell out since maybe a month after Wii launch.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 04:02
Hopefully this will mean more xbox' s and PS3 for the kiddies at christmas! they will be happier with those 2 anyway!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 06:18
In the past couple of months in Southwestern Virginia it seems rather easy to find a Wii. If it werent for the fact that SMG and SSBB are coming out I would think the wii is coming to a halt

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 06:20

Hopefully this will mean more xbox' s and PS3 for the kiddies at christmas! they will be happier with those 2 anyway!

I hope not. Little kids on XBL get on my nerves

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 06:20
They said a while back that they were expecting shortages until 2009.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 08:14
That' s because they' re orchestrating those shortages by not manufacturing as much supply as there is demand... it gets them good publicity, creating the impression of a must-buy product for the holiday season. Old Nintendo mind-tricks dating back to the 8-bit era, revived for the first competitive product they' ve had in over a decade.

Terrak
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 19070
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 08:29
This only hurts Nintendo

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 08:31

That' s because they' re orchestrating those shortages by not manufacturing as much supply as there is demand... it gets them good publicity, creating the impression of a must-buy product for the holiday season. Old Nintendo mind-tricks dating back to the 8-bit era, revived for the first competitive product they' ve had in over a decade.

I couldn' t agree more. As I stated before, you can' t tell me that a company like Nintendo does not have the resources to make sure that there will be enough Wii' s to go around for the busiest shopping time of the year!!!!

And hey, with a cheap 360 and a 399 40GB PS3 coming out before christmas, do you think that this is a smart move on Nintendo' s part?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 09:51
Every time I go into a store like Target or Wal*Mart I see a whole bunch of new Wiis just sitting there. That means the demand has mostly been filled, methinks.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Not Enough Wii' s for Santa? - Oct 02, 2007 14:42
I hope this nipps them in the ass, they deserve it.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."