MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 01:05
Now if I get the game lets say on monday or tuesday?

Can I then play on Tuesday?

I mean its coming out in US on thursday but wednesday in EU.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 20 Sep 07 1:08:34 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 01:20
Cough, America gets it on the 25th, Tuesday.

UPDATE #1

" Pro-G has since been contacted by another MS rep, who said the ban only applies to Microsoft employees."

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14573/Play-Halo-3-Before-Its-Release-Date-and-Youll-Get-Banned/
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 19 Sep 07 18:00:19 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 04:40
puh thanks!
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 0
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 04:53
im PLAYING IT MICROSOFT what YA GONNA DOOO ABOUT IT.

mY GAMERTAG IS rusanagi

and i will BE online tonight playing some rumble pit along with the other lucky few who order their copies from Argos or Comet.

oooo crap I THINK i should get some sleep now.
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 04:54
Ban from what? The Kikizo forums? What if I unplug my ethernet cable?

Wait... what the hell am I saying? I' d never buy this game.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 07:23
Ah, now the pattern becomes clear. That was one bridge too far, Mr. Redifer. I asked myself, why does Joe Redifer feel compelled to post in every single Halo 3-related thread his grandiose declarations of distaste? And it is all so clear to me now -- methinks thou dost protest too much, Mr. Redifer!

You are actually overcompensating for your conflicted, shamefully giddy excitement for the impending release of Halo 3. You have, in fact, ordered not one but two Legendary editions. I can fairly see you now, Joe, intermittently running to the front door at the sound of every passing truck to see if it' s been delivered, and then returning, tape measure in hand, measuring your cat' s head to fit the miniature helmet on Mr. Pussenstein.

What a matronly role I now see you in, Joe Redifer.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 07:38
lmao!
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 07:57
Once I decided to sit down and contemplate Joe' s joeness, after stumbling on just one of his many perplexing posts. I can' t remember the conclusion I resorted to... I just remember waking up in a back alley wearing nothing but a tin foil body suite.

Scary stuff.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 08:02

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Ah, now the pattern becomes clear. That was one bridge too far, Mr. Redifer. I asked myself, why does Joe Redifer feel compelled to post in every single Halo 3-related thread his grandiose declarations of distaste? And it is all so clear to me now -- methinks thou dost protest too much, Mr. Redifer!

You are actually overcompensating for your conflicted, shamefully giddy excitement for the impending release of Halo 3. You have, in fact, ordered not one but two Legendary editions. I can fairly see you now, Joe, intermittently running to the front door at the sound of every passing truck to see if it' s been delivered, and then returning, tape measure in hand, measuring your cat' s head to fit the miniature helmet on Mr. Pussenstein.

What a matronly role I now see you in, Joe Redifer.

I think Joe wrote the Encyclopedia Dramatica Halo entry:

Halo (Moar like Gaylo, amirite!?) is a piece of shit FPS game that is hyped up and boring as fuck. Despite Halo' s commercial success, you’d have to be a fool to think it did anything revolutionary for the gaming industry. Don’t tell this to an Xbox fan, though, lest he emerge from his basement and sodomize you. The only reason to buy the next Halo is so you can get the lazer cannon and yell out " IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!" over multiplayer in which every 13 year old boy will be yelling out resulting in anti-lulz.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 09:07
Posting in two whole Halo 3 threads is too much? And have you noticed that I mainly post about this retarded BAN thing they are threatening about? I come up with questions about this and that, I just don' t want to give the impression that I want the game. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 20, 2007 11:02
Most of us don' t have independant feelings. We feel whatever the games want us to feel.

DIE YOU COVENANT SCUM! ...just a little preperation.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 20 Sep 07 3:02:36 >

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 12:12
Microsoft should release all their games earlier than releasedate, so people would have a easy way to end their Live Gold subscription, without having to hassle with calling to Microsoft or cancelling their Visa' s. :-/
That way they' d improve their service. :)

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 12:15
Why would anyone use their credit card to pay for a Live subscription? They sell cards everywhere you could buy games.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 Sep 07 4:15:21 >

locopuyo
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 12:55
why the hell wouldn' t you? Carrying around change is so european. (aka gay)

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 13:02
Change? You don' t go outside loco? You must go to a mall at least once a year, EB Games? All you' d have to do is buy a Live card (good for a year). You don' t even need to bring cash you could use your debit card, or even your credit card if you love the thing so much. Shit, you could even order the physical card from an online retailer. Any method is better than giving a subscription provider your credit card number. That' s a basic life lesson, now you know.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Month-Gold-Card/dp/B000B9RI00

My point is that using a credit card for subsciptions is such a hassle, it' s never worth it.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 Sep 07 5:05:39 >

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 13:18
The whole point of a credit card is to not go to the bank and take out money, each time you want to buy something.
So if you have to go to the store to buy the card, you could just aswell go into a bank and ask the clerk to wiretransfer the money directly into MS account.
The CC are there for conveniancy.

And just because theres a EB around where you live, it' s not the same for everyone.
Take myself forinstance, I live on a desolate island with 4-5000 inhabitants, we got 2 banks, 4 grocery stores, and 0 computer-related stores wich sells that live card with Xbox live points.
If I' d like to get that card I' d either have to order it via mail and wait for it 2 days at the minimum, or travel to the city 50 miles south of here, It' d cost me 100$ on travel alone if I go by car, in addition to the 3 hours it' d take me if I' m extremely lucky with when the ferry.
Used a bus, it' d take me 5 hours, but I' d get away with only 25$in travel costs.

So obviously a credit card is much less hassle and cheaper for me, and that' s not because I' m too lazy to carry around two cards. :P

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 13:50

I live on a desolate island with 4-5000 inhabitants, we got 2 banks, 4 grocery stores, and 0 computer-related stores wich sells that live card with Xbox live points.
If I' d like to get that card I' d either have to order it via mail and wait for it 2 days at the minimum, or travel to the city 50 miles south of here, It' d cost me 100$ on travel alone if I go by car, in addition to the 3 hours it' d take me if I' m extremely lucky with when the ferry.
Used a bus, it' d take me 5 hours, but I' d get away with only 25$in travel costs.

So obviously a credit card is much less hassle and cheaper for me, and that' s not because I' m too lazy to carry around two cards. :P

Walk.

lol jk. Ok I see you' re point. You still wouldn' t need to stop at the bank if you have access to a store that sells the cards. Like I said you could use your debit card (Access card), the card that you already have. Obviously you' re an exception, but for 99% of us we could find a Live card anywhere that sells videogames. Including big retail chains like Walmart.

Still I would argue that buying a Live card would be more convenient for you. You must venture out of the Island occassionally right? Whenever you' re out you could just pick up a Live card. You don' t have to make the trip just for the card.

locopuyo
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 14:46
Don' t you have to enter a credit card even if you buy a live card? I' m pretty sure I had to on the original Xbox.

Agent Ghost
RE: MS threats to ban everyone who plays it earlier then launch! - Sep 21, 2007 14:50
Nope, I have Live and I don' t even own a credit card. Buy the Live card and input the 25 digit code on it and you' re good to go. I can' t speak for the original xbox as I never tried Live on it.