Kent Hovind is a ****tard!

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 15, 2007 12:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOecYwiJsw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Kent Hovind is another one of these criminal cock suckers, that uses religion as a shield to evade taxes. I hate Christianity and I really hate the people behind this scam (religion).

The US along with other countries need to wake the *** up and end tax exemptions for churches! That' s the only way we' ll beat these criminal assholes.

The reason I bring this up is because the Hovind family has been trying to censor videos on YouTube by filling fraudulent copyright infractions. So in the spirit of the rationality, I thought I' d show you guys what he doesn' t want you to see.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 15 Sep 07 4:54:42 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 15, 2007 19:36
The US has a president that says God tells him to do stuff.

Somehow I don' t think the States will wake up for quite a while.

Sad but true

Which is also a cool Metallica song.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 15, 2007 22:19
Biblical Creationism = Failure

Kent Hovind = Epic Failure

" UFOs are apparitions of Satan"

" I' m not trying to get evolution out of the textbooks, nor am I trying to get creationism into the textbooks. What I' m trying to do is get the lies out of the textbooks."

" the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks, a " lot of folks were told not to come to work."

" Did you know the Federal Government blew up their own building to blame it on the militias and to get rid of some people that weren' t cooperating with the system?"

" the US government possesses UFOs"

" no fossils can count as evidence for evolution," because " all we know about that animal is that it died," and we do not know that it " had any kids, much less different kids."

He gives a bad name to Christians everywhere. We don' t all believe that stupid s**t you know.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 15 Sep 07 14:30:53 >

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 16, 2007 00:02
Eddie, why would you associate yourself with this scum? It' s one thing to say you belive in God even if you have no shred of evidence of lead you to this conclusion. But calling yourself a Christian is like labeling yourself as a fool.

The more people get into specifics about what Christianity claims, the easier it is for people like me to rip it apart and expose the lies and fallocies.

There' s a reason why fundamental Christians don' t go looking to convince people like me. They know they can' t construct an argument, they don' t have a leg to stand on.

History has proven that the people who wrote the bible were elitists who wanted to rule over the poor. That' s all it is. They wanted more for themselves and less for others.

Everytone wans to find out the ultimate truth to base philosophy and morality on. So lets say that God is one possible explantation to everything. There are many explantions that don' t involve a mystical being. Who would you trust more? The people who we know lied through their teeth in order to control people and made up rules suppsedly dictated by God, people who today are trying to cling on to power. Or people who have nothing to gain and are only motivated by discovering the truth? The former is basing their evidence on a book that is thousands of years old written by liars in a time where modern science didn' t exist, the latter has evidence to back up their claims. Infact the latter won' t even make a claim unless there is evidence first.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 15 Sep 07 18:35:23 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 16, 2007 01:44
look at his haircut, I mean look at it! No wonder this guy is crazy.

Anyway Religion and State should be seprate, if not before you know it the western world will be declareing a Holy war against some Middle eastern country.

I wonder how much work would it take to make Agent Ghost a Believer??, I think they should brainwash him somehow.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 16, 2007 02:17
It would take no less than a lobotomy coupled with some mad hallucinogens to convince me that the lies told in any cult/religion are correct. The idea of giving up logic, reason, and empirical evidence over the shallow emotional appeals and forfeting of truth that religion brings is disturbing.

But this thread isn' t so much a crack at theism, my intention was to express my disgust with the Hovind family along with the profiteers that are trying to supress peoples free thinking. We' re talking about a crimial organization that prides themselves as fundamentalists yet they are not affiliated with any credited Christian institution. Yet they comand a lot of respect from many fundies. ***ing half wits, they don' t even realize the Hovind family are not believers themselves. They' re criminals trying to benefit from money that the church brings in.

Seperation of the church and State is the bare minimum of what we need to do to fix some of societies biggest problems. Our real goal should be the dismantling of Church. That is to say seperation of church from everything, especially school and politics.

It' s asinine that Christianity has so much influence on American politics that Republicans are afraid to admit to believing in such a fundamental fact of life such as Evolution.

They can' t even teach Evolution in American schools! That' s how ***ed up the system is. Why even give organized religion a chance in shools? It' s all proven to be bullshit. We' re granting special priviges to religion in school but we' re black balling science and factual ideas about our origin.

The fact that people still believe in this shit, is a testement to the corruption and impotance of the education system. Just listen to these people, they' re insane. Every one of them. Nothing they say has any merit. Even their sense of morality is disgusting.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 15 Sep 07 18:38:29 >

Gamer
  • Total Posts : 160
  • Reward points : 18435
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 18, 2007 15:53
lol when i was in high school I had to watch his show in religion class.

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 19, 2007 12:15

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 20, 2007 11:54

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Sep 23, 2007 03:57
I' ll be replying, but I' ve been incredibly busy, so you' re going to have to wait a bit.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 08, 2007 09:06

Eddie, why would you associate yourself with this scum?

It' s not like we go get sh17-faced at a bar together on Fridays. We both believe that Jesus Christ was and is the savior of mankind. I' m positive that we must have some other similarities in faith, but it' s not what makes us the same that' s important. It' s how we' re different.

His view of Christianity, and faith in general is that some group of people on earth has all the answers, and that we must follow this. You believe this, or you suffer for all of eternity. I believe that Jesus came for everybody. Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Jews... everybody. Including atheists.

I chose my religious affiliation the way I did, because there was not a claim that they had all of the answers.

Before I continue though, I should probably explain a little bit about my religious past. I was raised in a very strongly Roman Catholic household. Not like the stereotypical Hispanic " votive candles and a love for Jesus" kind of " strongly Catholic" either. Oh no, it was Dark-Ages religion at its best. " This is the truth. They have all the answers to all of your questions, and if you stray off of this path, may God have mercy on your soul" .

You know what? I actually believed that crap for years and years. It wasn' t really an active sort of belief mind you, nor was my expression of faith an active thing either. However, I had had this mentality driven into my brain from such a young age that it made it nigh impossible for me to think anything else, lest I be sinning in thought.

It was a rough way to grow up, I won' t say I liked it. But it had its advantages. It gave me an opportunity to create reasonable arguments from a very young age. It instilled for me a very basic, very strong belief system (Not a Catholic one mind you.) It helped me see what I disliked, and what I wanted to change. Most of all though, it gave me a tolerance for differences that I never got to see growing up.

There' s a reason why fundamental Christians don' t go looking to convince people like me. They know they can' t construct an argument, they don' t have a leg to stand on.

Well, in which case you' ve apparently not met a lot of fundamental Christians. Not having a leg to stand on is one of the basic tenants of religion vs. atheism. Nobody I' ve ever met has done it right.

I' ve never once actively tried to convert you or anybody else here. I know how little tolerance I had for people telling me what was right and wrong. I' m of the belief that actions speak far louder than words, and that if you really want somebody to change, you lead by example.

History has proven that the people who wrote the bible were elitists who wanted to rule over the poor. That' s all it is. They wanted more for themselves and less for others.

Out of curiosity, have you read the bible? John the Baptist, one of Jesus' disciples spent the remainder of his life as a recluse in the desert, owning nothing more than what was required for subsistence, not a penny to his name.

According to Jesus himself (I' m assuming you believe in Jesus as a historical figure at the very least) his apostles were to leave everything behind, all their land, money and possessions to follow him. And while that' s a very extreme devotion that all Christians aren' t required to share, it disproves your theory that the Bible was created by people who wanted rule over the poor. Portions of the Bible were written by poor people.

Everytone wans to find out the ultimate truth to base philosophy and morality on. So lets say that God is one possible explantation to everything. There are many explantions that don' t involve a mystical being. Who would you trust more? The people who we know lied through their teeth in order to control people and made up rules suppsedly dictated by God, people who today are trying to cling on to power.

You' re assuming that the people who wrote the bible and the people currently in power in the church are one in the same. A lot changes in 2000 years, the Christians went from the persecuted to the persecutors, one of the reasons I' m non denominational. I don' t want to associate with some high-up in Rome telling me what' s right & wrong.

Or people who have nothing to gain and are only motivated by discovering the truth? The former is basing their evidence on a book that is thousands of years old written by liars in a time where modern science didn' t exist, the latter has evidence to back up their claims. Infact the latter won' t even make a claim unless there is evidence first.

And what did the writers of the Bible have to gain exactly? You have to remember that the New Testament was being written after Jesus' death (and if you believe, resurrection). His followers were scattered, underground, they lived in constant fear of being exposed. The consequences for praising a King other than that of Rome were severe. These people had nothing to gain physically or financially from writing the Bible. In fact, logically speaking, the physical consequences of harboring and expressing these beliefs would prevent anybody who was in it for the money, fame or power from even considering it.

I can understand your anger against organized religion. I really can. I looked around at the atrocities that had been committed in the name of a specific religious body. Shiite vs. Sunni, Catholic vs. Muslim (apologies, I' m not sure there was a specific denomination Muslims attended to during the crusades), Catholic > Orthodox Jew.

But then it hit me.

None of those were about faith.

They were about religion.

Edit:

They can' t even teach Evolution in American schools! That' s how ***ed up the system is. Why even give organized religion a chance in shools? It' s all proven to be bullshit. We' re granting special priviges to religion in school but we' re black balling science and factual ideas about our origin.

Actually, you' re only half right there. They refused to teach either. All the students in my courses (religious and non) agreed that it' d be best to hear both theories, and make their own conclusions. However, the idiots on the school board were terrified of pissing-off the Angry Letter-Writing Mothers of America, so our education got shafted because of it.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 8 Oct 07 1:09:32 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 08, 2007 09:55

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Ali G vs. Kent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKMhtyI3L8&mode=related&search=

Cohen' s a genius.

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 08, 2007 10:09
I actually do believe there might have been a guy named Jesus in those times. I don' t believe he performed miracles. He doesn' t even seem like a nice guy from what I' ve read. I have only three possible conclusions I can make of him. One, he didn' t exist at all. Two, he was a schizophrenic as were his followers (assuming they existed at all). Or three, he was a terrorist/cult leader.

I have more evidence supporting any three of my conclusions than one would have supporting the idea that he was the " savior" .

As for records of the writters, there are none that I trust. Records of the authors are no more reliable than the authors themselves; which are no more reliable than the unsubstantiated claims made in the Bible.

There' s no outside proof other than the Bible. In any respectable anything, if you want to make claims you need references. The Bible only has references to earlier version of the Bible, which by the way have changed dramatically in many areas. Just a collection of several people telling an elaborate lie that' s not even consistent with itself.

Religious fanatics (not calling you a fanatic Eddie) can' t even discuss these matters without talking about the Bible because that' s all they have. It' s like watching them try to prove the existance of Batman using Batman comic books, except they' re serious.

I haven' t read all of it yet, mostly just paraphrases, I will though. I' m more interested in the history surrounding the Bible as opposed to the Bible itself. I don' t need to read it to know it' s bullshit. I would however like to know who' s bullshit it belongs to, as well as the complete motivation for the story.

Cohen' s a genius.

Yep.

Actually, you' re only half right there. They refused to teach either. All the students in my courses (religious and non) agreed that it' d be best to hear both theories, and make their own conclusions. However, the idiots on the school board were terrified of pissing-off the Angry Letter-Writing Mothers of America, so our education got shafted because of it.

That' s just sad dude.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 8 Oct 07 2:14:34 >
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 09, 2007 04:12

Cohen' s a genius.

My personal fave.

It' s amazing what he gets people to say. It' s a shame the movie blew as bad as it did though. Doesn' t even compare to his work off the silver screen.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 09, 2007 07:01
This Guy raises some points.

BTW. ALi G is too funny.
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Agent Ghost
RE: Kent Hovind is a ****tard! - Oct 20, 2007 06:26
God Has a ***ing Busy Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5T3Jk2NMB8

He' s Back!

Penn & Teller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E&mode=related&search=
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 22 Oct 07 3:37:25 >
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments