Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony has gone nuts again
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 01:41
That' s just... stupid, why won' t they let the game die? I was wondering why Sony had stopped supporting Lair as much as it did Heavenly Sword, guess they knew the game would be shit a long time ago.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 01:56

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

So wait, when Quez is posting some bad news about the PS3 it' s " Woah he simply HAS to be on Microsofts payroll for this" , but when you are CONSTANTLY trying to find tiny little things you can throw at the 360 it' s " Well, dude, look. I simply dislike the 360, you gotta understand that, man."
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 02:10
VF5 is our Anti-Quez, get it? We have to balance out the number of fanboys, it can' t be all 360' s.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 08:10
Remember when sony had their own people review their own movies and got sued for it?

lol.

Creating fake critics doesnt work at the gameindustry because nobody cares about newly unknown sites putting up scores.

So now they wanna change the gaming media into seeing why Lair is awesom-o.

loool.

Imagien if MS did that with Blue dragon reviews?

However BD reviews has been way better then Lair thankfully :O
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 11:35
" Quez is MS paying you?, you seem to be going all over the web posting Bad-news for PS3 and good news for 360.."

When it comes to the subject of 360 or Sony, no one really cares what he says because we already know he has a bias. Looking past this he still seems like a bright guy, and he' s even worth a laugh every now and then.

At least with people here like you and Quez we get to see the extreme views. That way the rest of us have a guide to help us stay in the middle.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 9 Sep 07 3:35:48 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 12:53
The boards will be dull without quez , QUEZ ROCKS !!!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 09, 2007 14:57

BillyTech

You know, aside from the fact the game plays like you have an elastic between you and your dragon...whats with the framerate drop and BAD jitter when the screen gets populated. I know that it' s taxing to the processer, but isn' t that what the PS3' s cell processer was supposed to do better than the XBox360"
And if the screen is TOO populated for the machine to handle, don' t you think that they would remove some of the clutter to make this " Flagship title" at least look visually flawless all the time?
I think we have a new Atari ET on our hands here...Well, at least discs take less room in the desert landfill...

This just sounds like a post by someone either trying to start a my console is the best, fanboy retarded statement.

I take it you jhave played Lair? Most people (ignoring reviewers here) i' ve heard from claim there is slowing down at times. Yes, lots of games do too. But because Sony claimed the Cell was very powerful apparently they are the only company/console that isn' t allowed slow down?

At the end of the day, it' s down to the dev time, the engine being used, optimisation etc. I' m sure god of war 2 on the ps2 would have run like arse if they tried to do it looking like that at launch.

Think before you post please, comments like yours are a waste of the text they are written in.

Evil Killer.... With a name like Virtua Fighter 5, how could you think he is paid by nintendo and not Sega? Or did my sarcasm detector break?

And VX certainly has a point :-)
< Message edited by uumai -- 9 Sep 07 7:00:35 >
billytech

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 05:40
UUMAI, You don' t seem to get the point to what i wrote. i also am NOT bashing the console..I own one. My point, which went over your head, was that a game that was shown in 2005 when the PS3 was announced, and was shown to " showcase what the system could do better than any other" - SHOULD have been able to do what it promised. Gears of War and Bioshock were shown at the SAME show. Their release proved that the game designers COULD pull off what they were promising - And by God they did. Those games play fliudly and the gameplay is spot on. (I' ll point out I' m NOT knocking a system to you again...) The blame is directly on the game designers AND the publisher who let this insult to modern day gamers be released as it now plays. the processor slowdown could have been addressed and corrected and damn well should have been - or the scenes that cause it be eliminated. I suggest you re-read the article and stop " Being sensitive" about the console and absorb what my point was.
And for the slowdown being acceptable - NO - it isn' t. The game does not have to slow down...Bioshock doesn' t...Gears doesn' t...Dead rising doesn' t. This game should not either. If their engine does not run the game smoothly - DON' T release it half assed, or what they now have is what you' ll get - people will blame the console - and in this case, I don' t blame the console, I blame the designer/publisher . Having over two years time to engineer this game and this is their best work???
There was alot riding on this title, and alot can be lost. Heads will roll somewhere I' m sure. As for your sarcasm detector - It' s working just fine, but you' re aiming it at the wrong person.

Peace
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 06:11
No platform is easy to devolp for, its not like the the ps3 is Riged to blow if anything tries to push it hard, maybe for the 360 but that a different bundle of towels entirely

what I am trying to say here is the Reason why Lair sucks is becuase the devolpers suck. Its friggin consoles not pc' s, let the devolpers worry about the limitations, all we need to know is that 360/ps3 = same.

The only time I will get worried is when the Wii becomes lead Sku.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 9 Sep 07 22:11:46 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 06:15
Lair is trash. It should serve as a reminder that art direction does not negate technical stability or graphical prowess. Sony pushed Factor 5 way too hard to create a Rogue Squadron-esque game for PS3 that ran at 1080p, rendered 1000' s of NPC' s per scene and only supported SixAxis control.

Factor 5 isn' t exactly full of incompetent fools. Rogue Leader was amazing, especially for a Gamecube launch title and Rebel Strike was pretty damn good too (although the ground controls were iffy). The problem here is that Factor 5 didn' t push back on Sony' s demands and say " It isn' t working properly, we need to limit ourselves to 720p and support the analog sticks. It' s our game and we' ll do it how we please."

It' s possible that they could patch the game to stabalize the framerate and stick support and i think they' ll look at doing that, but either way, releasing it in it' s current form was a huge mistake and both companies should have known better.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 06:31
Was just about to post like the above.
billytech

RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 09:18
Nitro, Well put. Couldn' t agree more.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 10:15

we need to limit ourselves to 720p and support the analog sticks. It' s our game and we' ll do it how we please."

Quez happy,quez agree.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 10:34
Welcome to the forums Billy!

(I remember the last time I said that, and it still brings back scars. So if you hear some of us talking about a Billy... it' s not you.)
billytech

RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 11:07
Thanks Eddie! cool forum it is here.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Sony has gone nuts again - Sep 10, 2007 11:42
What ever happened to your other friend who joined who used the Riddik avatar?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message