Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The definitive offroad racing game...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 02:52
Well I say arcade, but its really going to be made with casual console players in mind, who mostly dont own wheels.

But you never know maybe they' ll surprise me! My fave offroad racer of all time is Richard Burns Rally on PC, so Im not the best authority on this.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 9 Sep 07 19:15:48 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 03:33
" And since PGR3 played like shit with the wheel, it doesn' t really belong to my favourites."

It didn' t play like shit. It was a bit more difficult as visibility was limited but it makes the game 100X more fun once you get used to it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 04:04
I didn' t meen the view sucked, it' s a really amazing view.
I meant that the steering with a physical Microsoft Wireless Wheel was bad. It didn' t feel very responsive at all, as opposed to games like Forza 2.
PGR3 have to be played with a standard 360 controller which is quite disappointing because I feel wheels give more precision and immersion.
Hopefully they' ve come up with better wheel controls in PGR4. If so then the game will kick ass. Still, cockpit view ith a visable wheel AND a physical wheel in front of you would feel awkward. I hope they do a cockpit view where the wheel isn' t visable and fix the wheel controls. That' d make PGR4 the best racing game ever.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 04:19
The wheel was designed around Forza 2. Forza 2 was delayed and the wheel was ready so they decided to quickly re-configure PGR3 and pack it in with the wheel. That' s why orginal copies of PGR3 aren' t compatible (although i' m sure there' s a download for those that are connected to Live).

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 04:19
I agree with you, Ginj... a skilled person playing with a pad will beat a skilled person playing with the wheel in PGR3. In Forza the opposite is true. I fully expect the wheel support in PGR4 to be vastly improved. I expect solid wheel controls for all racers from here on out.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 11, 2007 10:46
Looks good...

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages