Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 21, 2007 01:40
Your review " might" come in a couple of days? We' ll give you 48 hours... after that we' re starting up nine new Blue Dragon threads!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 21, 2007 04:20

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

dvd is current gen/last tech, I will always stick by Sony in includeing the Bluray drive, 5 years down the line it sure as hell be used.

Five years from now we' ll all have new consoles.

As far as PC versus 360 Bioshock, I' m going 360. I f*cking HATE playing games on my PC, as there are ALWAYS some kind of issues that I have to figure out! While some people enjoy the challenges of tweaking a game to make it playable, I' d rather just play.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 22, 2007 00:23
Got it on my way home from work this morning.

Pretty game

Really pretty sounds

Me likey.

Too much good stuff.
12 hour shift.

Don' t want to miss anything

Starting again from the beginning after bed...it' s worth it. Best first hour ever.

Sleep now....ZZZZzzzZZZzzz
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 25, 2007 09:28
This game is unbelievably, unimaginably, uncontestably brilliant!!!

The demo was good but i can see now why the game has gotten so many great reviews. I think this is probably the best game of the generation so far. Everything is perfectly implemented and i can' t think of a single thing i' ve seen so far that i would change. I' ve been completely engrossed for the past couple of hours, the atmosphere in the game simply can' t be described.

I' m in awe.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 25, 2007 12:01
I just got it a few hours ago on PC. I was at EB games and they told me they were sold out, before they found their last copy just before I left. I had to buy the collectors edition, but I don' t even care because from the 30 minutes I had with the game I know it is well worth it.

This game deserves a solid 9.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Aug 25, 2007 12:01
Im really liking the storyline so far. Ive been playing for a few hours and just got past the part with the submarine. I dont think its possible for anyone who likes FPS to say they dislike this game.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 01, 2007 01:46
So did anyone else than me buy the Collectors Edition of Bioshock?
What did you think of the big daddy action figure? Or statue or figure or whatever you call it.

I really like mine but I' m not going to open the box. It feels really heavy so I was wondering if anyone who has opened the box can tell what it' s made of. It' s not plastic is it? Not with that weight.
Anyway, it' s one of the nicest figures I' ve ever had Definitely worth the extra money!!! And with the extra soundtrack CD and extra DVD this is by far the most valuable collectors edition I' ve seen.

[image]http://images.webhallen.com/boxshot.php?id=78046&typ=large[/image]

Limited Edition Contains:
• The game in a limited edition embossed steel case
• Making Of DVD
• Soundtrack CD
• A hand finished resin figurine (14cm height).

EDIT: Ah, Ghost you got the Collectors Edition! Did you check the figure?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 31 Aug 07 18:34:46 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 01, 2007 15:49
I was gonna get it...but $50 ($40 for PC) at Circuit City forced the budget minded side of me out of the deal.
Agent Ghost

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 01, 2007 16:40
The second I took Big Daddy out of the packaging the drill fell off...lol. It was already broken. Nothing that a little crazy glue won' t fix. I think it' s composed of a few different materials. Maybe a mix of plastic and metal. I think the figuring is kinda lame. Proportionally, Big Daddy looks too skinny compared to the ones in the game. The legs are a bit too thin and the helmet is way too small. Worst is the paint job. The whole thing looks metalic gold, and not that rustic green/brown.

The CD only has 3 songs which I barely listened to yet. Meh, not as good as you' d expect from a game with such a kickass music score. As for the making of the game video, I don' t care. I probably won' t even watch it.

I can let these short comings slide because A) The game itself is so good that it doesn' t matter and B) I never even wanted the CE in the first place, I had low expectations but I bought it anyways because I wanted the game on that day. I have to take a bus to another city to go to EB games, so I didn' t want to waste the trip just to save a few bucks

What really annoy' s me about Bioshock CE is the case. They didn' t give you a full size PC case, they game you a DVD sized case. Which in itself is not too bad except I live in Quebec, so games have to include a french manual (sometimes games are even delayed here only because the french manual was left to the last minute). Most of the time it' s a seperate black and white thing that I can throw away but in this instance, the french manual was the second half of the english one. So I have one big manual.

Why does that matter? Because with all the shit in the game' s case, having the manual being twice as thick, the game case won' t close properly. Tabarnack!
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Sep 07 8:42:13 >
ginjirou

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 01, 2007 22:08

I live in Quebec, so games have to include a french manual (sometimes games are even delayed here only because the french manual was left to the last minute).

Haha! What? That' s hilarious

Anyway, too bad you were disappointed with the CE but compared to other CE' s I' ve bought like Forza 2 (you only got an extra book with car and track info), Viva Pinata (funny looking box with extra crap DVD), and Gears of War (Tin box with concept art book) the Bioshock CE was really valuable.
And I like the figure. The proportions came off slightly wrong and the colour isn' t spot on but the overall impression is the same as the character in the game and it' s a relatively well made figure for that kind of price.
Three tracks on the soundstrack CD was a major disappointment though. But the cover design of it was really cool as they made it look like an old LP, which suits the game seeing as it is taking place during the 60s.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 02, 2007 00:08
I got the cool steel cased version...

But i don' t understand why there are 3 different versions of the 360 game. There' s the normal plastic case version, the steel case limited edition and the collectors edition - complete with free doll.

They should just do the steel case versions. They kick ass!

ginjirou

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 02, 2007 01:12
Yeah, or at least they should have some kind of standard of how CE' s look like.
Right now my 360 collection looks f***ed up in my shelf because every game has a different shape and size. Especially with the giant Bioshock package.
Agent Ghost

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 02, 2007 02:01

quote:

I live in Quebec, so games have to include a french manual (sometimes games are even delayed here only because the french manual was left to the last minute).
Haha! What? That' s hilarious

The worst part is that there was a politician here that wanted to ban all games that we not translated into french. Like ***, the french gamers here don' t even want that. If they tried that I' d have to kill someone.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a french dictatorship. ***ing language laws. We' re the only place in the world that has " language police" . They' re like a step bellow mall guard and they walk around making sure that every business sign not only includes french but it has to be in a bigger font that the english one. So petty.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Sep 07 18:02:30 >
ginjirou

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 02, 2007 03:32
Haha, are you serious? That sounds insane! And here I was thinking Canada was a modern country of freedom to look up to...
Agent Ghost

RE: Lets collect all reviews from Bioshock! - Sep 02, 2007 04:07

Haha, are you serious? That sounds insane! And here I was thinking Canada was a modern country of freedom to look up to...

It is except, for a few extremists. You' ll find scum anywhere.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message