Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 05:21
Plasmids feels cool,but come on,I throw the spell with one hand right and left trigger,why not let me hold a pistol with the right and shoot too.

Annoying to have to paus the game and switch weapon.

ofc the comabt was still really good.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 08:06
But theres hardly is a pause at all between switching. LT for plasmids RT for weapons. Instant switch upon pushing either or. Then again Psi-Ops did allow you to go about playing like that, owell, a very very minor gripe.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 08:39
Here is my Eddie-esque review, only better since it is by me and according to myself I am great!

BIO SHOCK

STORY:
The game starts and I find out I am a smoker. I suddenly feel like my character won' t get very far in this game because you can' t be in shape and smoke, too. But later I find out it' s the 50' s and everyone and their pets smoked in that era. What a stupid decade. Anyway for absolutely no reason whatsoever, my plane crashes and I' m swimming around like some asshole. I get in a pod which is designed to trap and kidnap humans to a huge underwater city. I give myself drugs and I' m able to shoot fireballs ' n shit. Those are some good drugs! Now I' m supposed to rescue the family of some wanker. Pffft. Also, I have tattoos on my wrist. Sure, these days everyone and their babies have tattoos, but this is the 50' s. Tattoos were still considered retarded back then. I must be some sort of crazy mofo.

GRAPHICS:
Looks like Doom 3 for the Xbox, all dark and stuff. Also it has things that are shiny, just like Doom 3. You can adjust your brightness, but it will always look like Doom 3 with more resolution and better-looking water. Otherwise it is Doom 3 with a few more lights turned on, though not too many. Textures and all that crap are pretty good, and the game runs at a solid 30 frames per second. I eventually did get a bit of motion sickness, but it wasn' t too bad. Basically it looks like Doom 3 for the Xbox with HDTV resolution, a bit more light and more stuff onscreen. Did I mention that it looks like Doom 3? Well, it does.

SOUND:
Also like Doom 3. You turn around and the sound spins around you. However the sound isn' t designed very well. People in a room way down the hall will sound like they are standing right next to you when they scream their insanities. They should be quieter and more distant-sounding. I really don' t remember any music at all (and I am a huge game music fan), so I guess it' s fairly ambient and unnoticeable. There was a part with a little girl singing something, though.

GAMEPLAY:
You can use two hands to attack instead of just one. And of course you can get a gun so don' t worry. Apparently the first amendment applies in the underwater city. Like many other FPS games, there is some all-seeing dickwad who talks you through the game. I have no clue where he is, but he sees everything you do at all times, no matter where you are. I hate that guy. He called me a " boil" or something like that. This game game would be a lot better if I could shoot that guy in the face. Nobody calls me a boil. Other than the left hand which can use magic, this is your typical FPS game, like Doom 3. The jump button is located in a different spot, but you don' t jump much so it' s not really an issue. You end up wandering around looking for new places to go, picking up items (including alcoholic beverages which make you drunk for 3 whole seconds... just like real life) and defeating the occasional enemies. Not action-packed, and there is a lot of wandering around. Pretty damned boring, but if you like FPS games, you' ll probably eat it up. I still don' t understand what is so great about this genre. I would have killed the designers of Wolfenstien 3D before they completed their game if I knew what the result was going to be.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 14 Aug 07 0:42:49 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 09:21
It' s people like you who builded the berlin wall.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 13:24
I won' t bother with the demo, I' ll just wait for the game next week.
Joe Redifer

RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 13:58
Screw the Berlin Wall, that' s for pussies. The Great Wall of China is where it' s at. Plus you know the China wall probably has lots of unrecalled lead in it.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 14:00
I remember seeing a documentary about the Great Wall of China ages ago. Apparently, those slaves who died while working on it were buried and sealed within the wall itself.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 14:22
A similar thing happened to some of the programmers of Truxton. That' s why when I' m rollin wit tha Truxton dawgs we pour a sip of champagne into the cartridge slot of our MegaDrives.
Joe Redifer

RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 15:15
I suddenly want to take apart the Great Wall of China to find dead bodies.

I found a severed finger in my Genesis once... it was probably from a Truxton programmer. I wonder what part of the code that finger typed?
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 19:44
WOOO! My aunt just paid me a fiver for ' looking after' her son last Saturday. Who knew you could earn money for watching Austin Powers?

I' m almost there baby... Bioshock, here I come...
< Message edited by Marink -- 14 Aug 07 11:45:21 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 23:00
Woah, double post, mine' s 2 down.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 Aug 07 16:23:42 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 23:01
It' s good, it' s really good.

I have little to add over what others have already said, but I will say that the games atmosphere was a particular strong point (I might even go as far to say that I was a little spooked whilst playing) and I really enjoyed incinerating and frying enemies with my magical attacks. This demo has made me even more excited about playing the finished product, I guess its served its purpose then!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 14, 2007 23:02

Here is my Eddie-esque review, only better since it is by me and according to myself I am great!

You put my piss-poor reviewing skills to shame good sir. I' ll go back to my cave drawings and show-&-tell chalkboard scribblings henceforth.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 00:12
Graphically the game has the best fire and water effects so far this gen, along with fantastic lighting and particle effects including awesome volumetric smoke and mist. The framerate is a solid 30fps with zero drops and the texture quality is more than acceptible, excelling is some areas but falling short of matching Gears in many others.

I wasn' t keen on the opening like most others. I was impressed by the water, fire and sinking tail fin but it felt like you were being pushed along a little too much. Somebody og GAF likened it to the Half Life/2 intro' s but you don' t have the kind of freedom that both of those games give you illusion of having in the first 10 minutes. The demo is obviously how the game starts and while i' m sure it' ll open out nicely later on i did feel like i was being funnelled through the place.

One thing i' d like to note regarding the graphical side of things is how awesome the hands are. Not important to some but many developers have failed my hand modeling test and i' ve abused them for it. Irrational have modeled and animated them extremely well, and when the only part of " my" body i can actually see is the hands i like them to look right.

The art direction is pretty refreshing. It' s nice not to be battling it out in streets, trenches or space statons for once and the NPC design looks to be straight out of TimeSplitters. Not exactly a bad thing.

The plasmids are a bit meh but i' m sure once we' ve seen the non-generic ones we' ll all come to love them, and the weapons feel and look great.

The sound is fine, but like Joe noted, sometimes when it should be muffled and distant because the enemy is on the other side of a wall or too far away to be realistically heard it sounds as if they' re standing right infront of you.

The demo is pretty short but it gives you a good idea of what to expect. It' s easily going to be the best fps, if not best shooter available for next-gen consoles when it hits stores next week. I just hope it' s not only 6hrs long...
QuezcatoL

RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 00:17
Im still mad for no mix of pistol+plasmids at the same time ;)
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 14 Aug 07 16:18:11 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 03:41
This game rules, makes me wonder wether i should get this or halo 3,

But i think ill grab Bioshock for PC instead. why are pc games cheaper anyway?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 03:50
Maybe because they are so much easier to pirate.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 04:32
PC games are cheaper, because you are not getting the whole game because it won' t fit onto a DVD disc. Don' t get the whole game, don' t have to pay for the whole game.

LOL

Sarcasm at its best people.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 04:34
Anyway, enough of the sarcasm. Here is a link to let you know how to unlock hard difficulty.

LINK
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Bioshock demo out on marketplace+trailer!!! - Aug 15, 2007 06:38
I' ll try the demo on the pc and laugh at the 12fps I am getting and then play it on the 360 and think its alright but dosent really deserve the hype its getting.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message