Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 12, 2007 16:44

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
Wheather or not the animal is endangered of being extinct is not important. Every animal is in danger, every species has a beginning and an end. Who cares if they go the way of the Dinosaur now or later? Humanity is an endagered species, we just don' t have to worry about it in our lifetime.

Um, no.

In a natural manner change occurs slowly, slowly enough that the species can evolve into something else. If every species had an end there wouldn' t be any life today, obviously every species does not have a natural end, they just change, after millenia of change they become something else, they don' t just naturally dissapear one day.

Dinosaur extinction was not natural, it was due to a freak incident from outerspace, and not all dinosaurs just dissapeared, many evolved into today' s common reptiles, and aerial dinosaurs evolved into birds.

Dolphins and Whales aren' t going to evolve into anything else, theyre just going to go extinct when they shouldn' t, they have abundant amount of food even with humans consuming so many fish, and they have very little natural predators, there is no reason for them to go extinct besides humans.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Aug 07 8:47:53 >
emofag

RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 12, 2007 16:51

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Worst thing is, Whales taste really bad iv been told, so why eat them? In fact, why eat anything but cows and chocolate, since thats what tastes best!

You shouldn' t eat anything that you can' t breed.

We have the ability to breed immeasurable amount of cow, chicken, etc. so we can kill them and eat them without it affecting anything.

I can understand people eating dogs more than people eating dolphins, we can practically spawn dogs at will and they are not a natural animal (they are wolves pussiified by humans) so their loss even though impossible by their numbers would not affect anything.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Aug 07 8:55:38 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 12, 2007 20:11
It' s important to keep as many lifeforms as possible from extinction since each species can have genetic qualities that we do not yet know of.
In medical science studying other animals can often be very benefitial.

From a more philosophical perspective it is important to keep every species alive in order to ensure that life will continue. It' s not impossible that a terrible decease could wipe humanity off the face of the earth. If we have exterminated all the other life forms then life itself is in great danger.

I know I will sound like a f***ing hippie but I think humans have not only privileges, but also obligations because of our superiority. It' s our job to keep life itself safe.

We don' t eat dolphins in Sweden.

And it' s true what emofag says, species evolve into new species. That' s the very reason there is still life on earth.
Extinction is the worst thing that can happen to life. Evolving is a good thing.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 12 Aug 07 12:14:08 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 12, 2007 21:17
Evil Man do you think the Earth will always be habitable? No it won' t. On a long enough timeline everything goes pffff. And that' s going to happen long before the Sun goes super nova and that will happen long before the Universe imploads and resets for another Big Bang. Life is so cheap. We have the illusion that we matter because we need it to survive.

Besides what difference does it make if a species disappears through natural disaster or evolution? Regardless of any circumstance only the ones suited to an environment will survive. That' s my point. The thing is, we have the ability to change the environment to suite ourselves. Animals have the ability to change their environment to suite themselves as well. But compared to us they' re very limited. Nature dictates that ability always meets neccessity. When it doesn' t, a species will die.

I' m not saying we need to kill Dolphins, I' m saying that we have a natural right to exercise anything within our ability in order to survive.

If you think Poachers are such a threat to humanity than feel free to hunt them down. It' s your natual right to eliminate threats. If you' re not prepared to do that than the Poachers can' t be that bad.

Dinosaur extinction was not natural, it was due to a freak incident from outerspace, and not all dinosaurs just dissapeared, many evolved into today' s common reptiles, and aerial dinosaurs evolved into birds.

Of course it was natural, everything is natural. I' ve said this before, nature includes everything. It doesn' t have to be organic to be natural.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Aug 07 4:23:02 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 12, 2007 21:58
Um... are we discussing the moral obligations humanity has to eat it' s young?

In a thread about 90mm Xbox 360 processes?

I didnt see where this says 90nm, am I missing something?

It won' t specify 90 or 65nm on the box. Didn' t the first time around, wont the second. %99.9 of the public buying a 360 has no effing clue what a nanometer is, no less the difference between a 90 and a 65nm chip.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 02:10
You know, if dolphins are so smart, why dont they just swim around the fish net?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 02:54

Cheif has a point.
emofag

RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 08:50

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

You know, if dolphins are so smart, why dont they just swim around the fish net?

Because they don' t know they' re going to be killed. Dumbass.

When I need to put my dog in one of those dog travel cage things he could theoretically bite me and resist going inside of the cage, but he assumes I' m not putting him in the cage for the purpose of killing him so he just goes into it.
< Message edited by emofag -- 13 Aug 07 0:54:49 >
emofag

RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 08:57

Evil Man do you think the Earth will always be habitable? No it won' t. On a long enough timeline everything goes pffff.

You' re a moron.

Since life began it has never ended, how would you know if there would be a point where life will end? It has never happened before there' s no reason to think it will ever happen.

Evolution is there to counter how habitable or not the planet is, it' s not the question of can this planet sustain life but can a species adapt (evolve) to live in this planet.
< Message edited by emofag -- 13 Aug 07 1:04:11 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 09:08

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I suppose the nets are designed so it is very difficult for fish to see them until its too late. If it was easy for fish to see the nets they would no doubt be able to swim away fast. I' m not sure how much dolphin vision differs from fish but i would imagine they would be pretty similar.

Secondly the nets are used on such a vast scale that it just might be impossible to get around. Some are KMs long. They just might not have any chance of getting away from it.

*** Dolphines. They' re not that smart. Can they read? Can they speak English? No, *** ' em. When' s the last time you' ve seen a Dolphin discuss quantuum mechanics? Never because Dolphins aren' t that smart. They' re intelligence has no use for us. They' ll never make a discovery that can benefit humanity. Even if they did, it wouldn' t matter because they can' t speak.

I think a good benchmark is reading ability. If an animal can' t read we should be allowed to eat them, including humans.

BTW Agent i find your intolerance of anything that doesn' t resemble you quite disturbing. Eating anything that can' t read? $#!t if you look at the literacy levels in alot of the Western countries you might find it interesting. YOu do realise that there are adults that can' t read and write? Should we start a fire now? What about those with learning disabilities? Should we whip out the steak knives? Parents can' t defend their babies? They can go on the menu? Those are some pretty extreme views you have.

Just because we are superior being on this planet doesn' t mean we have the right to destroy everything on this planet.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 13 Aug 07 1:37:08 >
Agent Ghost

RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 12:05

You' re a moron.

Since life began it has never ended, how would you know if there would be a point where life will end? It has never happened before there' s no reason to think it will ever happen.

Evolution is there to counter how habitable or not the planet is, it' s not the question of can this planet sustain life but can a species adapt (evolve) to live in this planet.

At least you can admit there was a beginning...

Evolution or random mutation works the same way for all life. If the conditions change fast enough evolution won' t stand a chance to keep up and a species goes extinct. If Dolphins go extinct because of humans it' s because they didn' t have enough time to adapt. Do you know how many species the animals alive have killed off? Dolphins are just one more to add to the list, it' s unimportant. The only reason some are hunting them in the first place is because humans are adapting to their own conditions. For people who are more fortunate they can afford to work in an enviroment that doesn' t involve killing animals. For some people the shortest path to survival is to kill Dolphins. Get over it. I would put importance of a single human over a million Dolphins. The Dolphins are ***ed anyways.

At the same time there is a minimum criteria that needs to exist for any life to be sustained at all. If you think life in the solar system will exist forever you' re a fool. Life won' t even exist forever in the entire Universe.

As I said before once the Sun dies so will life in the milky way. Maybe bacteria will survive in frozen state, and maybe a new sun will form before the Universe imploads. Whatever the case, there won' t be any Dolphins, and we sure as *** won' t be around. We' re too conserned about Dolphins and digital watches to be conserned about our real problems.

Looking at the bigger picture still, leading Cosmologists pretty much all agree that once the Universe expands large enough it will impload and eventually another Big Bang will happen. Infact there is no reason to believe that the Big Bang that started this instance was the first Big Bang. In all likelihood there were countless Big Bangs before our Universe, and there will be countless Big Bangs after.

There is every reason life will end, just not in our lifetime.

Besides, a more pertinent point would be to say that Dolphins are monopolizing human compassion/sympathy. They' re just one animal we' re ***ing over. If all life is equally important, then why place so much attention on Dolphins? I' m not saying that Dolphins aren' t getting a raw deal, I' m saying that most animals are getting a raw deal. I' m not even impressed by those photos, that look like the water is photoshoped to be red.

You should see how we treat the animals we eat. So don' t be a hypocrite and fool yourselves that you' re innocent. Everyone here benefits from animal suffering, everyone benefits from brutal animal abuse. In the same way that a Lion will rip apart a Gazelle for a meal we, we' ll do the same just to survive. Infact, now that I think about it, I don' t even eat Dolphins. Neither do you, if you' re so conserned about animal cruelty then shouldn' t you look at your own diet. It' s so easy to critisize the killing habits of other nations, they do the same for us. In some places Cows and Pigs are worshiped, the idea of eating them is sickening to them. In China they eat rats and dogs. Humans are filthy, we' ll consume whatever is practical.

Evil Man I' m sure in your limited understanding of morality Americans have the high ground. I have news for you, you don' t. America is like anywhere else in the world, looking out for #1. This is what it looks like to kill the animals we consume.

Warning Graphic content:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpS8WKrzjvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OpMsokmu2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agOKm-1d9x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZJbhpy7ro

Death by murder is not pretty, that why we feel compassionate with animal slaughter, because we don' t want to die this way.

Also for those who can' t read sarcasm I was obviously joking about cannabilizing babies. For *** sakes, how can you not see that?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Aug 07 4:19:10 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 12:08
Dolphins. Not dolphines.

Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 12:13

Also for those who can' t read sarcasm I was obviously joking about canibalizing babies. For *** sakes, how can you not see that?

So does that mean you weren' t kidding about canabalizing adults that can' t read??
< Message edited by Terrak -- 13 Aug 07 4:14:10 >
Agent Ghost

RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 12:18

So does that mean you weren' t kidding about canabalizing adults that can' t read??

No, I generally don' t advocate cannibalism.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 13, 2007 16:58
That was one hell of a smooth transition into cannibalism from 90nm.

Bad Xbox360>Not bad in Denmark>Denmark is good/bad>Denmark kills flipper>Kill the stupid>eat the stupid...

Most threads just make a sudden dead turn with little or no transition...but this one was pretty clean...

Best transition ever!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 14, 2007 00:11
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: New HDMI XBox360 is still 90nm - Aug 14, 2007 11:10
Haha. That' s why Kikizo forums are so great.

Subject != Discussion
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread