Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 87
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 04:28

KotOR>Every FF

Cant disagree
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 07:03

And what the *** have you seen from FF13?

A cgi footage and some still images showing text/menu battle system.

Wow.

Thus I said " what I' ve seen" and NOT " All I' ve seen"

I know there hasn' t been much, I' m just saying I liked the graphics, and surprisingly the setting and character also (usually I tend to dislike really Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi enviorments like these. I' m more of the post apocalyptical type of guy). And though only petty and proofless information of the game has not struck a sour vein, rather I' ve liked what I' ve heard (had hoped that they would' ve come with something a bit more different, than menu based battles, perhaps).

Also, I take back what I said that I don' t think Bioware has been as great as they used to, as I merged the company with another, that has kinnda failed to truly impress me with their latter games. The only game that Bioware has erleased, as of late, that I didn' t fin spectacular, was Jade Empire.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 8 Aug 07 23:19:19 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 07:54
Mass Effect cant be 7/10 even if they release the game now with the odd looking animations and the stiff combat system because of the amazing plot and enormous voice acting and art work, is certainly a must buy, however, as i said earlier i fell worried about the game.

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

I dont recall a naked japanese man, so of course he wont like it.

Thats quite clever and funny but from now on just shut your fuking mouth retard, honestly what the fuk do you know about my taste in games ha??? do you think yours is better??? if so then congratulations but keep it to yourself or blog it you fuking faggot, nobody heres gives a flying fuk about your retarded opinion regarding the games i like or dislike.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 08:15

Mass Effect cant be 7/10 even if they release the game now with the odd looking animations and the stiff combat system because of the amazing plot and enormous voice acting and art work, is certainly a must buy, however, as i said earlier i fell worried about the game

Amazing Plot and vioce acting is nothing if the rest does not follow suit.. The gaem on the whole has to be amazing or it' s not.

Who buy' s games based on reviews anyway? (unless it' s a game that gets a 3/10 from most major press).. a 7/10 could very easily be someones 9 or 10/10..

fernandino

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 08:35

Amazing Plot and vioce acting is nothing if the rest does not follow suit.. The gaem on the whole has to be amazing or it' s not.

To me it is, i love games with great plot, dialog and character design, even if the gameplay is not in the same level i can still enjoy a good story driven game, thats mostly because i love reading, i read over 7 books a month and 2 of them are novels, so i love to hear good stories whether it is on books, games or movies, if i can read a 1500+ pages novel i can put up with stiff gameplay.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 09:30

Thats quite clever and funny but from now on just shut your fuking mouth retard

Thats... uhg.... a quite clever comeback yourself
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 15:10
Planescape: Torment > any rpg ever made

having just replayed Torment, i can in honesty say that the rpg genre as taken a serious step back since they days of interplay. I hope Bioware rectifies some of that with Mass Effect, it does seem promising at the moment!
fernandino

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 15:35

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Planescape: Torment > any rpg ever made

That game was just beyond awesome, god, the graphics and sound were just glorious not to mention the supreme plot, but above all else i remember how amazing the dialog was and how much of a Baldur' s Gate vive gave me -they were both made with the same engine i believe- truly a master piece.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 9 Aug 07 7:36:42 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 09, 2007 17:09

That game was just beyond awesome, god, the graphics and sound were just glorious not to mention the supreme plot, but above all else i remember how amazing the dialog was and how much of a Baldur' s Gate vive gave me -they were both made with the same engine i believe- truly a master piece.

Yeah its the infinity engine, this is the second playthrough i had of the game, the other being like 7 years ago, so i barely remembered anything of it. But i did notice that if you play a character with high int and wisdom scores, the game will be much different, with more dialogue, and even more ending options.

Dionysius

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 00:30
To be honest, i think videogames, even those that has good plots and storys, are often, in general lacking, in comparement with good films or books. Which isn' t odd, as there is a limitation as to how much story U can put in a game, without hour long cutscenes to follow. And then there is the freedom that limits the wrighter, and multiple paths, plus the story needs to motivate the player to continue and fullfill tasks, as well as create reasons for a pink, bunny like monster to attack U, as well as alot of other limtiations due to the pure elements of gaming, that proves problematic for the wrighter. A second reason might also be that some game genres has audience that doesn' t care for a story, therefore it' s a waste of money, hiring a worthy writer.

I DO however think that games also open up new possibilities, when it comes to stories and also tend to intrugie me more, as it is I whom work to unfold the myster/defeat the evil king/save the world, thus one bonds with the characters as such...

...ofc. we already know this.

Another ofc. is that there are many, MANY storys in games that I' ve also enjoyed.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 9 Aug 07 16:35:04 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 01:20
I don' t think there' s anything inherently limiting about the artform of videogames which makes it so that they can' t have stories as good as great novels or films... the limitation is in the people designing them, who by and large only ever read and watch the most mainstream blockbuster hit books and films. The stories in the games therefore are naturally derivative, if not outright ripoffs.

For example, the " space marine" setting of Halo (a series of games I love for the multiplayer, not the story) is taken almost unchanged from the " Alien" film series. (Edit: I don' t mean to imply that the entire story of Halo is ripped off, as it does have unique elements blended in. But overall the story is rather convoluted and hard to follow. And it' s important to ask, is it convoluted because it is such a complex and nuanced story? or is it convoluted in order to drive the sales of incidental licensed merchandise, such as novels which fill in the gaps of the in-game story?)

The whole trend in games now, to make trilogies, is cynically passed off as being an effort to tell epic stories, when in fact many of the stories are spread quite thin across many hours of gameplay.

The only reason trilogies are the in thing now is because they mesh well with the industry' s desire to establish " franchises" -- and it' s significant that the word " franchise" is in common use in regards to games. This is a term that sprang from the fast food industry as revolutionized by McDonald' s, in the effort to make identical restaurants with settings that all look the same and food that all tastes the same no matter where you go.

Game designers will make more compelling stories when they broaden their horizons and look beyond only the most profit-driven entertainment. It' s great to be inspired by something else, but most of these designers seem to be stuck in a state of arrested creative development.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 9 Aug 07 17:23:18 >
Dionysius

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 01:57
Well ofc. I know that it is all limited to the imagination of men. I meant the limitations, not as an absolute thing, more as a mount everest mountain on a highway, that makes for a serios fucking climb, in order to create reach the top, and... I dunno where I' m going with this resamblance.

What I meant is that the elements that are GAME makes it ever so much harder to create a logical/different story (though the movie and novel industry have their own shar of hinders as well).

Also, I' ve always been the first and ONLY to never agree on the depth or greatness of Halos storyline, however I' ve come to accept that there is much in the books that I haven' t read, and am missing out. Also, I will never read the books, since I' m no Halo fan, so I am bound to miss out on the greater picture.

Also, though I also get the Alien vibes from Halo, I really think the game has a totally different feel than the Aliens film. Aliens have a rather dark and gritty feel that reminds me more of Killzone, while Halo has a prettier and more romantic style to it, almost makes me think of the Star Gate television series.

Anyways, what I wanted to say was that games (movies and novels as well actually) is bound to writings that motivates the player to continue, and is done so in different ways. It is bound to throw in enemy' s, a goal, and what not. A really skillfull wrighter might think of a clever way to do this, or perhaps something that might not need the standard elements, making something almost original, however it is rare for such things to happen. Therefore I think it is good that games involve the player at such a lenght we often accept a story we would have rated as a poor B-flick at the cinemas (which ofc. have their own charm).

And ofc. I know that ofc. is my latest word.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 02:11
Yeah, I agree about the overall aesthetic of Halo being quite different from Aliens. Maybe it' s specifically that the Sergeant character is such an obvious cut and paste.

Perhaps one of the main hangups with games versus novels and films, is that in great novels and films (and this does not apply to action films and other blockbusters so much), the characters have to change significantly in some way. They go through some kind of growth, usually emotional growth.

With games, the main character has traditionally been somewhat of a blank slate, the " hero" archetype, that is meant to allow the player to envision themselves in that role. They usually have some defining characteristics of personality, but not so much that the player feels that the main character is a fully-developed character, because that would interfere with their immersion.

And in games, the character development has not involved emotional growth, but merely the accumulation of items and the increase of skills and abilities. But Master Chief, or Marcus Phoenix or whoever, is never going to change in their outlook in regards to war, interspecies (race) relations, etc. They begin the series with one outlook and motivation and they' ll finish the series with the mission accomplished. Maybe the only high profile game that I' ve seen this type of character development in is the Metal Gear Solid series, in which Snake seems to be critically analyzing his view of war and his role within it. Of course, that' s an expression of Kojima' s own reflections on his role in the marketing of war as entertainment, and his developing and changing perspective...
< Message edited by Zoy -- 9 Aug 07 18:12:50 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 02:23
Character development in MGS?

You mean the game which has vampires,monsters and other nutcases as bosses?

I can' t take anything they say serious when the world they live in is just so bizzare and fucked up.
'
Dionysius

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 02:34
Quez, dude, I thought you watched Naruto... Remember the Talking Ninja Dogs?

While MGS never takes itself too serious, the games offer one of the richer storylines (imo) in a game. However it takes the form of often and long interuptions of the actual playing of the game.

Shenmue is according to me, the greatest merging of gameplay and story, if you' d ask me.

Yeah, I agree about the overall aesthetic of Halo being quite different from Aliens. Maybe it' s specifically that the Sergeant character is such an obvious cut and paste.

Yeah, I always think the exact same thing.
QuezcatoL

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 02:45

Quez, dude, I thought you watched Naruto... Remember the Talking Ninja Dogs?

But I dont take that anime serious either,and you never what to expect,sometimes its so childish I dont feel like watching it,and sometimes it tries to be so serious its hard to wathc too..

But it walks a fine line and I like it.

Same with MGS.
Even though I really hate the A.I and the camera in MGS.
Vx Chemical

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 03:08
Actually the story telling in Fahrenheit and Dreamfall are beyond superb as well, though you can discuss how much gameplay there actually is on those two
Dionysius

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 03:23
I loathe Fahrenheit (a.k.a. Indigo Prophecy for the Americans).

I thought the story seemed really promising at first, then it turned to be a poor Matrixish ripoff with Mayan indians and a very poorly written 6 months later.
For a game it had something of a cinematic feel (almost like a television series), but I really found the story to be really poor, both as a game or cinematic experience. He often bragged about depth and complex storyline, but the result felt not only generic and unsurprising, but also without lackig in terms of quality.

It also really bugged me how he talked about poorly of Final Fantasy, saying it was extremely linear and only cutscenes. Then how Fahrenheit was the oposite,had groundbreaking gameplay, and so very VERY much emotion .

My thoughts was that Fahrenheit was extremely linear, with more cutsscenes than perhaps any FF game, only that you watched them while excersing your thumbs on the poorest rip-off Shenmues QTE I' ve yet seen.

The game DID however raise my interest in David Cage, and his comming Heavy Rain, which I hope will turn out great.
QuezcatoL

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 10, 2007 23:58
Fahrenheit went from superb to slightly above average.

I mean the story goes from A-C.

Yeah thats right,there is no " B" in there,the middleground of the whole game is just gone.
And they jump in the story to weeks later and failed to explain lots of stuff and beside that the story just becomes fucked up at the end.

Suddenly robots shows up and fucking shit.

Vx Chemical

RE: Anti xbox site gamedaily done it again,now attacking ME and Praise FF13 - Aug 11, 2007 01:20
Yes Indigo was designed to be an interactive story, there is more gameplay in dreamfall, but its mostly just a story toog

but atleast the heroes arent metrosexual men!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 87

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message