Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I also hate religious people...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 06:00

Also i thought you were more of an agnostic o=

Like I said. I don' t talk much about my religious beliefs, and you' ve known me for years.

I' m certainly not Catholic. I was raised Catholic, and I' ve always had issues with them. I consider myself non-denominational. I report to nobody but God.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 7 Aug 07 22:05:40 >
Rezistik

• Total Posts : 24
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 06:04
can i tell you youre wrong?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 06:12
You could try. But I' m not sure I' d listen.
Rezistik

RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 06:51
mmkay youre definitely wrong..because were there some super powerful all knowing being and were he to not want specific behavior why would he allow us to do that..and for two why would he care i mean he owsn the fucking universe and whatever more we are but specs whos to say he expects you to report to him, again god was an answer to questions who has been turned into an excuse for evil and a defender of the few good things done in his name because we know without religion no one would do anything good..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 07:25
Rezistisk its simple.

he wanted man to have a choice,the code of conduct on how the bible tells you to behave is how you should,the opposite is " evil" .
God didnt' t create " evil" but good,its when you do the opposite to what he meanted that you do something we all consider " evil" .
He wanted man to have a free will but if you do against what he wanted then you' re evil.

He didn' t want clueless zombies that didn' t have the option not to do what they wanted.
If he did that would be like to have a baby with no suprises.

ps! I' m Atheist.
But if there is no evil there can' t be no good anyway...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 09:21
Edit: I' m addressing Rez here, not you Quez.

Is your period button broken?

Before we get in to all of this, I' m going to tell you something. I belive in God, and I know you don' t, and I can imagine that it would be excruciatingly annoying to you if I went on talking about what was true, instead of what I belive is true. So I' ll try to not add that absolute feeling to my posts.

mmkay youre definitely wrong..because were there some super powerful all knowing being and were he to not want specific behavior why would he allow us to do that..

It' s a very common belief that God gave human beings free will, because God has always been recognised in most religions as a benevolent entity, the embodiment of love. What you fail to realise is that while God is recognized as all powerful, God is also recognised as all knowing and all loving. The very definition of a super-entity if you will.

You might make every human being on the planet your slave if you were all powerful, however because you are all knowing and all loving, you recognise that that it would not be best for human beings. It is belived that he could make us do exactly what he wanted, but doesn' t because he is all knowing & loving.

and for two why would he care i mean he owsn the ***ing universe and whatever more we are but specs

I had a hard time deciphering what you meant there, but I think I' ve got it. Correct me if I don' t.

Why does he care? Like I said earlier, love.

Yeah, we' re specks compared to something as theoretically enormous and all-powerful as God. (I have no better way to vocalize what I think here, so I' m just going to say it.) It is taught that God created man in his partial likeness and image, and that every person on earth has at least some likeness to God, which is why I don' t belive in a totally evil person.

Now granted, there are some absolutely vile, despicable people on this Earth that deserve no more than to be hit by a bus & dragged across town, there always will be. However, somewhere in their life they have experienced a feeling (whether they' ve expressed it or not) that was in line with God' s will. Even something as small as say, loving your mother as a little kid. You may not love her now, that love may have been pushed aside by years of hate & cruelty and a rocky upbringing (using a general situation as an example), but I' m betting that at some point in your life, you felt affection towards your mum.

Am I making sense? Because I expect a decent rebuttal from you.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 8 Aug 07 1:23:27 >
Rezistik

RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 10:33

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

and for two why would he care i mean he owsn the ***ing universe and whatever more we are but specs

I had a hard time deciphering what you meant there, but I think I' ve got it. Correct me if I don' t.

Why does he care? Like I said earlier, love.

Yeah, we' re specks compared to something as theoretically enormous and all-powerful as God. (I have no better way to vocalize what I think here, so I' m just going to say it.) It is taught that God created man in his partial likeness and image, and that every person on earth has at least some likeness to God, which is why I don' t belive in a totally evil person.

Now granted, there are some absolutely vile, despicable people on this Earth that deserve no more than to be hit by a bus & dragged across town, there always will be. However, somewhere in their life they have experienced a feeling (whether they' ve expressed it or not) that was in line with God' s will. Even something as small as say, loving your mother as a little kid. You may not love her now, that love may have been pushed aside by years of hate & cruelty and a rocky upbringing (using a general situation as an example), but I' m betting that at some point in your life, you felt affection towards your mum.

Am I making sense? Because I expect a decent rebuttal from you.

sorry i have no control over the English language :S

But if he is all loving why would he give us the ability to hate, if i had the ability to end hate and was all loving wouldnt i want to end it, wouldnt you?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 10:47
Because he made us " free-thinking" beings.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 8 Aug 07 3:47:44 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 12:25

I tell them I am not interested - they continue to talk. And if they somehow find out your adress, they' ll start VISITING you.

Are you sure you' re not getting christians mixed up with mormon' s or jehovah' s? I dont have anything against any religion(unless you count the fact that I dont consider atheism a religion) but I cant stand some of the extreme mormon' s in my area. They send kids that are like 16 to my door and they say " We are your elders Tim and Eric" around that time I tell them to leave, and when they dont I close the door and they leave thousands of pamphlets at my door
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 8 Aug 07 4:31:01 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 16:03
Yeah, you are right. I am somehow in the unlucky position that I have both a Mormon and Jehova church in my town and therefore I see one of those two groups every time I go to the city center and they are truly persistent and annoying as fuck.

And no, your views on atheism are alright because (to quote someone) " Atheism is a much a religion as NOT collecting stamps is a hobby."
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 16:40

ORIGINAL: Evilkiller

And no, your views on atheism are alright because (to quote someone) " Atheism is a much a religion as NOT collecting stamps is a hobby."

That' s why I don' t call myself an atheist. When people ask me what religion I am, answer that I don' t practice any religion. (which ends the conversation rather quickly, I' ve found )

If I say " atheist" people jump to the conclusion that I don' t believe in God, which isn' t exactly true.

If you can summarize your beliefs by saying " there is no God" exactly what do you believe?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 16:51
Muslims aren' t bad. Even the extreme ones.

They just want to purge the world of Evil Nazi' s.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I also hate religious people... - Aug 08, 2007 17:02
" That guy makes some good points and some rather unfounded ones. And i am sick and tired of hearing hate against islam i am an atheist myself and hearing this hate and bigotness pisses me off to no end i mean i hate all religions and hearing how bad Muslims are pisses me off because i lived for two years in dearborn i had tons of Muslim freinds and none of them blew me up or even tried to contest my nonfaith yet i had plenty of christians in the chrisitan communitys i loved in try to convert me and talk about how their religion was right and how they didnt want to see be in hell."

Islam is not a race, it' s not genetic, it' s a social problem. You can' t compare something that is natural like ethnicity against a mass afflicted sociopathic disorder like Islam. People aren' t born believing in Islam, they fall for it because the environment they grew up in. I have no problem with the human race or any sub group of peope, neither does the guy whose videos I' ve shown. The only issue I have with muslims themselves is that they identifiy themselves by their religion. This religion is so potent that masses of people identify themselves by their religion before anything else. They don' t put their country first or their people first. They put their religion first, and that' s very dangerous.

You can imagine the problems this would cause. Especially with a religion so vile and disgusting.

How to be a good Muslim:
1. Treat woman like shit.
2. Convert more people.
3. Kill those who refuse to convert.

That' s it, the three key points, if you think I' m full of shit you should read the Qu' ran.

I understand that most people labelled as a muslim are not nearly as bad as Islam itself. It' s almost impossible to be that fucking twisted. I' m Canadian I know a lot of people from all over the world. From my experience people who call themselves Muslims are some of the nicest I' ve ever met. Most Muslims don' t take their religion too seriously, they may follow the customs as a habit but that' s about it. I' m not conserned about that.

The problem I have is the Ideas of Islam along with religion in general. Aside from the fact that I know it' s bullshit, just look at the results. Looking at the extremist members of any religion will illustrate very clearly exactly what the religion is about. Most religions will justify violence for the sake of expanding their religion (which is essentially an empire). Islam takes it one step further and encourages murder and genocide against non muslims!

Islam deserves as much respect as any Empire that wants to destroy anyone not like them. Islam is no better than what the nazis were preaching. Read the Qu' ran and see for yourself.

The other thing is. I have no respect for anything that dictates speculation as fact. I can accept the fact that I don' t completely know the origins of Life, I would never be willing to accept a pre assembled answer that is thousands of years old. Written by primitive people who though the Sun revolved around the Earth.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message