Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Mario Galaxy
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Oct 30, 2007 17:47
i don' t really care for the music. i just want to squish sum goombas
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Oct 30, 2007 20:46

ORIGINAL: killemoff

That just brought tears to my eyes...

... no i' m not emo.

A bit off topic but something that I' ve wondered about. Maybe someone can enlighten me. What' s up with all this emo crap on the internet nowadays? People all go around apologizing that they' re not emo as soon as they were moved by something for example. Even hating stuff is considered emo I' ve noticed What the hell is up with that? Are we heading towards a " carefree" hippie society again were everybody has to be happy all the time? " Emo" to me is first and foremost a music genre that existed long before most of the kids using the term were born.

PS I do not like the genre at all though :P
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Oct 31, 2007 01:04
Well, ys, I don' t know what the heck you' re talking about, but it leads me right into a rant of my own, which is -- what' s with all the " hippie" bashing? It seems to be to be entirely based on the stereotype of hippies rather than what they were actually about. First of all, the hippie culture, if there was a single culture, was not about carefree happiness, it was a revolt against the plastic, forced, repressive generic American culture of the 1950s in which people pretended there were no problems while massive injustices went unchecked. The hippie movement was a huge rejection of the homogenous ideals of materialism and the normal-on-the-surface-but-f***ed-up-inside nuclear family. It coalesced with massive waves of unrest, demonstrations, riots, the sexual revolution, and the Civil Rights Movement.

On topic: are there any big worlds in SMG or are they all small planetoids?
< Message edited by zoy -- 30 Oct 07 17:06:07 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Oct 31, 2007 04:17

I hated Sunshine. i tried to play it a couple of times, it just wasnt fun
I never played the whole game. I played the first part where the shadow or whatever it was stole Peach and I played until I got Yoshi. I just didnt like the fact that you basically play " janitor mario"
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Oct 31, 2007 21:41
mario is a platforming game and there was platforming in sunshine just like there was in 64 and like there is in galaxy so why was sunshine a bad game if it was about platforming?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 01, 2007 00:55

Well, ys, I don' t know what the heck you' re talking about, but it leads me right into a rant of my own, which is -- what' s with all the " hippie" bashing? It seems to be to be entirely based on the stereotype of hippies rather than what they were actually about. First of all, the hippie culture, if there was a single culture, was not about carefree happiness, it was a revolt against the plastic, forced, repressive generic American culture of the 1950s in which people pretended there were no problems while massive injustices went unchecked. The hippie movement was a huge rejection of the homogenous ideals of materialism and the normal-on-the-surface-but-f***ed-up-inside nuclear family. It coalesced with massive waves of unrest, demonstrations, riots, the sexual revolution, and the Civil Rights Movement.

Very insightful. Still, for those who weren' t there, many of us think of the individual " hippies" as opposed to the movement. I like to believe everything happens for a reason. The things you mentioned about the 50' s played a big role towards the hippie movement. But what do we think of when we think of an individual hippie? A jobless stoner. How many hippies do we need today?
mastachefbkw

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 01, 2007 04:45

mario is a platforming game and there was platforming in sunshine just like there was in 64 and like there is in galaxy so why was sunshine a bad game if it was about platforming?
It was nothing like M64. Sunshine wouldnt be a bad game if it werent for the fact that it was a mario game. When I play a mario game I expect it to be awesome, not decent
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 01, 2007 04:47
Super Mario Sunshine was awesome. It was easily the best platformer last gen.
mastachefbkw

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 01, 2007 05:06
I would go rent/buy it cheap, but I dont have my GC anymore and I would have to go buy a wireless GC controller for my wii
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 02, 2007 04:39
You could use your wired and sit 3 feet away like we had to for Melee
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 02, 2007 05:06
http://uk.wii.com/software/interviews/mario_galaxy/vol3/index.aspx

An awesome read: Iwata, Koji Kondo & Mario Galaxy Team disscuss all things SMG. Sound clips and Videos Included.
mastachefbkw

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 03, 2007 10:02

You could use your wired and sit 3 feet away like we had to for Melee
I' d rather not have to go through that pain again [:' (]
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 03, 2007 20:05

ORIGINAL: Zoy

On topic: are there any big worlds in SMG or are they all small planetoids?

While typing my post I actually thought about the fact that someone might react on the choice of words. Well, I should' ve written " hippie stereotype" then. You know, the way people portray the current type of " hippies" . The whole revolt thing back then is something completely different of course.

By the way, my post was about the trendy overuse of the word " emo" . It just came to my mind while reading that earlier post. The way he quickly added that he wasn' t emo made me think of it.

On topic : I' ve seen some parts in trailers that looked like they were set on bigger planets. But maybe I didn' t see the whole picture due to the angle of it all.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 04, 2007 02:17
Reveiws So far:

38 out of 40 -Famitsu
97% ONM
9.5 out of 10 -1up
10 out of 10 -Deeko
9 out 10 -GamesTN (they gave 6/10 to R&C in the same Issue)
5 out of 5 -gamePro

Edit: In most (if not all) reviews, they claim SMG to be, as good as or better than SM64.

Top 10 most Wanted

1) Super Mario Galaxy (wii)
2) Mario Kart Wii (wii)
3) Mass Effect (360)
4) Yakuza 3 (PS3)
5) Super Smash Bos: Brawl (wii)
6) Crysis (PC)
7) Zak & Wiki (wii)
8) No More Hero' s (wii)
9) Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS)
10) Contra 4 (DS)
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 3 Nov 07 18:28:44 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 05, 2007 07:33

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Reveiws So far:

38 out of 40 -Famitsu
97% ONM
9.5 out of 10 -1up
10 out of 10 -Deeko
9 out 10 -GamesTN (they gave 6/10 to R&C in the same Issue)
5 out of 5 -gamePro

Edit: In most (if not all) reviews, they claim SMG to be, as good as or better than SM64.

Great to hear!! It will make the wait for SSB:Brawl less painful. BTW 1up giving it a 9.5?? Amazing!!
Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 05, 2007 07:41

Played it earlier today - reminds me more of Super Mario Bros. 3 than anything else. It plays closer to 64 than Sunshine for sure but it feels more like 3.

I got about 4 1/2 hours worth of play in and it' d definitely as good if not better than Super Mario 64. The controls, the graphics (which at times are startlingly beautiful) and especially the music and soud effects are all fantastic.

Day 1 purchase.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 05, 2007 07:47

Played it earlier today - reminds me more of Super Mario Bros. 3 than anything else. It plays closer to 64 than Sunshine for sure but it feels more like 3.

I got about 4 1/2 hours worth of play in and it' d definitely as good if not better than Super Mario 64. The controls, the graphics (which at times are startlingly beautiful) and especially the music and soud effects are all fantastic.

Day 1 purchase.

Cool, I take that wasnt a booth demo then, Japanese retail Version?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 05, 2007 07:48
Yay my Wii has a purpose finally!
Nitro

RE: Super Mario Galaxy - Nov 05, 2007 07:49

Cool, I take that wasnt a booth demo then, Japanese retail Version?

Friends review copy.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 59 of 59

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread