Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Post E3 Wii: Has the flood of games begun?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Post E3 Wii: Has the flood of games begun? - Jul 26, 2007 08:59

Has nothing to do with quanity and variety,has to do with the price point.

I' ll just argue this point. When the GC was launched here in Australia it was AUS$400. The Ps2 launched almost 6 months earlier was Still AUS$750 when the GC launched. Even at its lower price the GC died within 2 years, and the Ps2 maintained its dominance, despite its higher price over the GC. I would assume that the prices in all your respective countries would be the same so the GC was cheaper then the ps2 but still failed to sell.

Remember the Wii currently doesn' t have many games that have graphics better then a ps2 (most are ps2 ports), if the ps2 has similar graphics to the Wii (currently) but is half the Wii' s price why is the Wii still outselling the ps2? Its because price isn' t the ONLY factor.

If you look at what really set the ps2 apart from its rivals Quantity & Variety was one of its primary advantages.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Post E3 Wii: Has the flood of games begun? - Jul 26, 2007 15:49
The reasons the wii is selling well is because its marketed as a family product, where as the xbox and the ps3 are marketed as teen/adult product.

This is also the reason for the many titles going to the wii (where they normally went to PS2 last gen) everyone is a potential buyer for the game, the casual gamer doesnt research before buying, they look at the front and back of a game, reads the describtion and buys.

So pumping out loads and loads of titles that are family friendly (though probably bad) is a good strategy.

I think maybe the wii will divide the market in more ways than originally thought, as Terrak said, Quantity over quality, where as the other two will probably get more quality games (im not excluding any console from getting bad games, that always happens, and ofcourse the wii will see execellent games, i just think the other 2 will have more of tehm)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message