Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Next Gen programming and Nintendo?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 04:57
Becuase it was hard to follow.

We all know this thread is Irrelevant.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 05:15

Becuase it was hard to follow.

We all know this thread is Irrelevant.

Well not really, for people who arent Nintendo fanboys, its intresting to discuss. Sure Nintendo' s next console will be HD, but will it be like the 360, or like the 720 in power?

The way i see it, programming is a progression where you follow each step, if you sit yourself on the ass for 5 years because your idea of next gen is different from anyone elses, you might have a hard time catching up.

Its hard to get around that Nintendo didnt make a console with compared power to the other two because if the console failed and they had spent alot of money, they would be dead in the water.

You could say say nintendo both played it safe and took a chance at the same time, it would have been great if they had taken two chances though.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 05:23
It is Irrelevant tho, We all know Nintendo have divisions workin on this era and mostly likely on game ideas, the Programming bit is the Easy bit.
Vx Chemical

RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 05:26

It is Irrelevant tho, We all know Nintendo have divisions workin on this era and mostly likely on game ideas, the Programming bit is the Easy bit.

Well if they release old gen again next time sure its going to be easy for them, but if they release a next gen console, they have to include twice the tech. And thats going to make the games even more expensive for them, since its going to take a lot more time, and trail and error.

Its good for you that you have faith.

your like a ***ing

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 24 Jul 07 21:27:07 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 05:32
You ever did programming or how can you say that the programming bit is " easy" ?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 13:43
I' m not worried about Nintendo' s game developers or programmers. The only new problem Nintendo programmers will have is going from single core CPU to multi core. However by the time Nintendo makes the switch, better tools will be available to lessen the challenge and maximize the returns of more than one core. The GPU is never too difficult for programmers to use.

The true question is, will they be large enough to supply the additional content of more capable hardware? Presumably they will since Nintendo designs hardware with their development team in mind. Maybe that' s why they took such a baby step with Wii, they might have wanted to build arms before walking in the war of modern videogames.

I am curious as to what direction Nintendo will take next though. Where the hell do you go after Wii? I' m guessing that they will make something comparable with 360/PS3 and keep the Wiimote and introduce a new traditional controller as well.

I doubt Nintendo will ever try to compete alongside the heavy hitters if they can be successful staying a generation behind.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 25, 2007 13:59
NINTENDO (1983 - Present)

Virtua fighter 5

RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 30, 2007 06:06

Cool, Where have you been lately Nitro? im seeing a few of these Pictures poping up with you at some kind of Games event?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 30, 2007 06:12
VX There' s actually one thing That Nintendo could certainly realise they have abit of catching up to do...

Voice Acting

In this day and age im sick to death of reading through narrative with Made-up annoying sounds replacing waht should be proper Voice-acting. Playing through Zelda to Big Brain Academy this is the area that felt Lazy and old.

Voice acting is standard nowadays and i think it' s about time Nintendo Made it theirs.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 29 Jul 07 22:15:11 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Next Gen programming and Nintendo? - Jul 30, 2007 06:55
I think voice acting shouldnt be in all games but in text light games like zelda its crazy not to have it.

But imagine a game like Torment or Baldur' s Gate with fully voiced dialogs, it would take ages to record, be very expensive and require loads of space (go bluray)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message