Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 One to not underestimate
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 78 of 78
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:19

I like the way the MS fanboys pull constant cheapshots on nintendos software. things like having less memory so the games are shorter. Compare say, zelda:twilight princess and gears of war...theres your answer. Halo was good, but it never changed really through the whole game. Basically what you do in the first level is the same thing you do in the last level with nothing else much new. The levels are repetitive, the weapons barely differ, and there isnt much interaction other than the vehicles. Metroids level design is far more imaginative, the character herself is much deeper and has more to her than the master chief who from what you see in the game is this. He is a soldier and kills aliens. Wow, Im being sucked into this upgraded starship troopers as we speak. And the whole bad-ass, hardly ever talk and when you do make it sound like kurt russel from escape from LA is just so outdone and cheesy now its like watching a b-grade jean claude van dumb movie. I really dont see why this game has such a rep for being such a deep story, there is barely anything to it. its the same old, aliens invade, and by some miracle the humans fight back and win. I know metroid is somewhat similar, but there is much more added to it unlike Halo, which uses the Doom principal basically, run to the end of the stage, shoot stuff on the way.

Thats the longest fanboy bullshit iv ever read.

First of all i never said anything about memory, as only complete idiots would ever say that is the deciding factor of the length of a game, both consoles uses DVD which has the same storage capabilities. In an essence the wii' s games would be longer than the Xbox 360' ies since the texture data and polygon data wouldnt be so detailed or complicated and would take up less space.

But when you want to compare Zelda with Gears of War? I mean what the fuck? Thats about the stupidest comparison i ever heard.

Lets compare Zelda with mass effect instead, or blue dragon, or Lost Oddyssey, 3 very long games, with detailed stories, graphics and gameplay.

Now i admit, i havent completed a metroid game (since they are distasteful to me) but when exactly does it show Samus as a deep character? She has no interaction with anything except the aliens she shoots, i havent seen her talking to anything, come to think of it, she compares much to Master Chief, but atleast he speaks now and then.

The reason Metriod has more to it than Halo, is that it tries to be an adventure game as well as an FPS, in my opinion it fails horribly at both!
dg_85

• Total Posts : 10
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:30
I know gears of war and zelda are completely different games. The fact remains that all the ms fanboys raving on the the wii' s games are shorter than the 360' s because of memory is bullshit, just as u said urself. I was making a point, wether they are different games or not is not relevent, the length of both games is a big difference, point proven. There is an actual story and background to samus, master chief is pretty much, what you see is what you get.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:32

is that it tries to be an adventure game as well as an FPS, in my opinion it fails horribly at both!

Go die!
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:35

There is an actual story and background to samus, master chief is pretty much, what you see is what you get.

Actually all the books revolving around the Halo universe puts more to master chief than what you want to admit. Halo is one of the most detailed game universes there is.

But ofcourse you can choose to ignore it to better your argument
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:37

Go die!

Lol Gin.

I wont deny that it could be a great game, it just falls too far from my liking to get me to play it, believe me, iv tried, there is simply nothing catching in it for me.
dg_85

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:37
yup a overdone recycled story that was tacked on to add to the game. a story that you can predict once you have read the first few lines, very original.
ginjirou

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:40

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Lol Gin.

I wont deny that it could be a great game, it just falls too far from my liking to get me to play it, believe me, iv tried, there is simply nothing catching in it for me.

Well, I suppose it' s the effort that counts.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 18:47

yup a overdone recycled story that was tacked on to add to the game. a story that you can predict once you have read the first few lines, very original.

relate to me how the story of Samus and metriod is any better? or better yet, please tell me the engenius of the story behind Mario.

Nintendo has great gameplay, but they' ve never really had great stories! (with the exception of Zelda)

Errate:

With the exception of to some degree Zelda!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 24 Jul 07 10:48:31 >
ginjirou

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 19:11
Oh dear God! You fool! If there' s ONE thing you don' t mention if you only want to hear good things about FPS games, or first person games in general, then it' s STORY.
dg_85

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 19:39
Mario is a kiddish story and is supposed to be simple. And id assume your reply would be the usual ' yeah nintendo only makes kiddy games' . Though Mario being the most well known video game character doesnt count for much huh?...With the exception to some degree of Zelda? Youl would honestly try to compare the depth and story of something like Halo to Zelda? Now I wont even lower myself to argue that because that is plain old idiocy. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence can answer that very well for themselves. In a game like metroid, im not looking for a groundbreaking story, but something thats a little deeper than the master chief does add to it a little. I got more history on the aliens than i did for master chief in the game. it kinda sucks when you arent told anything about the central character.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 19:49

Mario is a kiddish story and is supposed to be simple. And id assume your reply would be the usual ' yeah nintendo only makes kiddy games' . Though Mario being the most well known video game character doesnt count for much huh?...With the exception to some degree of Zelda? Youl would honestly try to compare the depth and story of something like Halo to Zelda? Now I wont even lower myself to argue that because that is plain old idiocy. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence can answer that very well for themselves. In a game like metroid, im not looking for a groundbreaking story, but something thats a little deeper than the master chief does add to it a little. I got more history on the aliens than i did for master chief in the game. it kinda sucks when you arent told anything about the central character

The only Zelda game with some intresting story is Twilight Princess. I didnt smack nintendo, thats what you get wrong, i like nintendo, but i dont revere them as a god, and i think the wii is a bad console for the reasons iv stated!
dg_85

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 20:11
Well honestly I think your reasons arent very valid. I dont revere nintendo as a god. I see them as being the much more experienced video games company. Part of advancing any industry is being innovative. Where would we be if no one decided to re-design car engines, design new types of engines. Its the same principal. Just as resident evil was released again on the wii. You dont need to wait for the character to turn somewhere to face and then shoot, you point and shoot. But to the ' hardcore gamers' that isnt realistic, apparently in real life you cant aim a gun, you have to turn your entire body. apparently ive been hellucinating my whole life. That is just an example of being original and innovative, trying to advance the industry, not just trying to make the prettiest looking visuals. If thats all i wanted id look at a nice view, not a video game.
Vx Chemical

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 20:18

Well honestly I think your reasons arent very valid. I dont revere nintendo as a god. I see them as being the much more experienced video games company. Part of advancing any industry is being innovative. Where would we be if no one decided to re-design car engines, design new types of engines. Its the same principal. Just as resident evil was released again on the wii. You dont need to wait for the character to turn somewhere to face and then shoot, you point and shoot. But to the ' hardcore gamers' that isnt realistic, apparently in real life you cant aim a gun, you have to turn your entire body. apparently ive been hellucinating my whole life. That is just an example of being original and innovative, trying to advance the industry, not just trying to make the prettiest looking visuals. If thats all i wanted id look at a nice view, not a video game.

You are making things up that no one here has ever said. I like that nintendo is innovative, but the cost for it is too great, they are innovative in one area but the Wii is a dinosaur in all others.

dg_85

RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 20:22
How is that making it up? Has Nintendo not released their machine with a different control style? was resident evil not released again on the wii? Do the majority of 360 fans not see the wii as a " real game machine" as you said so yourself. I don' t see how any of that is made up.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 20:57
I think it' s really funny how dg_85 is always rambling about how inferior the Halo story is compared to Metroids. And then he is using phrases like " well Samus character is much deeper than Master Chief' s" and ends up giving NO real example to prove his claims.

And, well, you are practically making things up like this sentence " But to the ' hardcore gamers' that isnt realistic, apparently in real life you cant aim a gun, you have to turn your entire body. " Who of us has said that the controls aren' t realistic or anything? VX just pointed out that there are many genres of games where the Wiimote controls are actually worse than gamepad controls.

And most of the view that Wii is no hardcore gaming machine comes from Nintendo themselves. THEY exclaim repeatedly how their focus is on non-gamer needs, THEY don' t associate themselves with the hardcore. So this isn' t maked up either, that' s just what Nintendo is saying.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 21:32
Jesus Christ. Have we not beaten this horse to death already? Is it possible for any sort of gaming related thread these days to not boil down to a " Wii does/doesn' t suck" argument? Vx and dg_85 are arguing the exactly same shit in here too - right below this thread!

Having a healthy discussion about the pro' s and con' s of each console is acceptable once and a while. But the amount of times it' s recently degenerated things that start off as unrelated to Wii is stupidly high. I' m sure I' m not the only person sick to death of it. Deal with it and move on.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 21:44
wii isn' t for hardcore.

That is the truth.

Oh im hardcore i play mario!!!

I play mario smash bros with outdated graphic!!!

wow
all you got Nintendo?

No wait,Reggie said this too.

" If you dont think we' re serious about online,then guess what,you' re wrong,tons of people are playing pokemon battle online as we speak."

Aye k.

They' re serious about online gaming because some kiddies are playing pokemon online.
What a fucking good reply Reggie.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: One to not underestimate - Jul 24, 2007 22:40

Nintendo has great gameplay, but they' ve never really had great stories! (with the exception of Zelda)

Errate:

With the exception of to some degree Zelda!

I actually thought the Fire Emblem plots were pretty good. They may not exactly be original, but I like the way they are presented.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 78 of 78

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message