Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii fit RPG???
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii fit RPG??? - Jul 18, 2007 16:38
Well, if you think about it in the long run, is the wii really cheap? I mean, after you buy the console, if you want an extra controller its what $70 for wiimote and nunchuck? Plus buying memory cards. The periphials arent really requirements, but Im sure later on there will be games that require some of them, Im guessing the Wii fit will be around $50, then if they aiming for the zapper and driving with the wheel are better than just using the wiimote, then they' re $20 a piece. As of the moment I dont own a wii, so I may be over exaggerating about it, but it seems like nintendo just nickel and dimes you to death.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii fit RPG??? - Jul 18, 2007 16:53
Dagashi that is a very good assessment of the situation. That is exactly what Nintendo was hoping to do with the Wii. Thats the thing about the casual/non gamer crowd. HD graphics and violent games do not draw there attention as well as more accessible and more family friendly games.

Price is a factor for sure, i never said it wasn' t a factor, i said it wasn' t the only factor why the Wii sells. If Price was the only factor the ps2 would still be outselling the Wii, which it is not. Remember the Wii' s limited graphic capability was a direct result of creating a machine at a more ' casual' friendly price range.

I won' t deny that hype has alot to do with its success, but i would imagine both Sony & Microsoft would also love to have that sort of hype. Nintendo just got did the best when it came to creating and maintaining the hype for the Wii.

The Wii is selling well because of a combination of these factors, not one of the factors alone. Its not just price, its not just hype & its not just the Motion Controls. Its a combination of these.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii fit RPG??? - Jul 18, 2007 17:54
It' s funny how these threads always seem to break out into arguements about all three consoles. Oh well...
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Wii fit RPG??? - Jul 18, 2007 20:43
One of my brothers unlike me and my older brother has never been really interested in gaming.

A few months ago he was over from Germany at my place for the weekend.
He saw me playing Wii sports and some Sonic for a while and suddenly asked if he could have a go.

So fired up Wii sports for him. At first he found it a bit weird. About 15 minutes later he was boxing and golfing and having a good time. Also wanted to play some sonic since it had been since the master system days that he had played it and he found it great.

Now a few days ago I saw him on msn and out of nowhere he comes asking me the price for a Wii cause he' s interested in getting one.

Send him some links for games I knew he would be a bit interested in such as Mario Galaxy, Super smash, Nights, Paper Mario,... After he saw some footage of that he came back to me and just asked when those games would be coming out sayin he would get one when a few were released.

Nintendo is succeeding in getting people to buy their console. Those who hardly ever play a game and those who never did. My brother never bought a console in his life always finding it a waste of money but now he wants one. Nintendo really hit the spot with the Wii. While MS and Sony so far are being left behind in the dust because of their attemt to compete with computers.

As for price drops...Sony can' t afford a price drop and Microsoft most likely doesn' t see a reason to drop their prices as long as Sony doesn' t and Nintendo doesn' t have to worry about a thing. They are making a profit with Wii since the start and are still selling like crazy.

If Microsoft and Nintendo decide to drop their price then Sony will get a knock-out blow and I doubt they would be getting up any time soon. Nintendo took a gamble with the Wii and it' s paying off because they made the right decisions of which way to go. Sony tried to show off after their huge victory with the PS2 by creating something that' s very powerful but also very expensive and right now they are paying for it.

It' s a rather interesting generation really. The ps3 has potential, but it' s just not affordable for many people and that is hurting the PS3 when the price finally goes down they will sell more without a doubt. But how much more they' ll sell will depend on how good the game library of the 360 and Wii have gotten. In my eyes the future for the PS3 doesn' t look good. 360 will continue to sell in America. And if the hype around the Wii stays like this I think we already have a winner of this generation.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message