Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Arcade Machine (On the Backburner)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Arcade Machine (On the Backburner) - Aug 05, 2007 11:46

Yeah, I never bid on stuff from Hong Kong.

See... that' s the thing, because normally neither do I. But it was a very reasonable price, and he had actual pictures of the buttons, not stock photos. So I know the buttons exist... or existed... somewhere... at some point on Earth.

Can you belive he had 98% good feedback? It' s amazing how many bad run-ins I' ve had with ebay with almost perfect feedback-ers. Best thing I ever bid on was Call of Duty:2, and that lady had around 75% good feedback, which is near suicidal on eBay. I got it in 3 days with a thank-you note. Perfect condition.

So, at Quez' s request, I have large photos of the controller itself. 2 of my joins came loose on the trip over, so I' ll reheat those & set superglue over all of them sometime later this week. This is taking far longer, and far more money than I previously anticipated.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Aug 07 1:55:00 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 05, 2007 11:50
You should start selling these things for like $5000 a piece
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 05, 2007 12:43
Wouldn' t it be easier to just use an Xbox and run NES/SNES/GEN off of it? I remember the SNES emulator being pretty much perfect except for not being able to run a game or two.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 05, 2007 13:17
I would do it just to say I had my own arcade machine
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 05, 2007 13:19
Cool.. but i have to say...

All them console plugs, and changing of cartridges would get tedious and will burn a hell of alot electric.

why dont you just base it off a windows setup like im plnning to do?

Abit like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiqWc1iKU2A&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2N70E0EVtA

Im gonna use my old 2.5ghz Laptop with an extra external usb HD and buy a 20" LCD running:

Mame
Model 2
Gens
Snesx9
Project64
vivononno
Zink
U64

Im also planning to make a woodern Front ' slide' USB-clip, attachment (with MOMO attached) for my SEGA rally' s, Daytona' s, Ridgeracer' s and supercars etc.

Edit:

This front end software is wicked (Maximus). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a18pp4Uk-0M
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 5 Aug 07 5:29:50 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 05, 2007 21:15

Wouldn' t it be easier to just use an Xbox and run NES/SNES/GEN off of it? I remember the SNES emulator being pretty much perfect except for not being able to run a game or two.
It would, and I considered it at first, especially because the N64 emulators for the Xbox are quite good as well, however like I said, this is more about the journey to me than the end result.

I haven' t been doing much in the way of hardware modding as of late, short of some recently soldered cooling fans in my 360 (thing sounds like an F18 when it' s reading disks), and I wanted an opportunity to try out some techniques I' d never done before on some low-risk consoles, namely rewiring controllers, making extension cables for controllers and of course, one of the harder parts of my project, a solid-state AV source-selector.

Not to mention, I do plan on selling whatever the finished product may be by the time I' m done.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: I' m Building an Arcade Machine - Aug 06, 2007 10:48
Crazy!

So, what kind of monitor are you using? Of course it will be CRT! Wega, perhaps!?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Arcade Machine (On the Back Burner) - Aug 18, 2007 10:08
Egh... It' s been weeks, and I haven' t heard back from the fool in Hong-Kong.

Until further notice this project is officially on the back burner. I got ripped out of about $40 worth of buttons and 2 weeks of my life. If I get a fantastic lead on some buttons, I might just turn the project into an enclosed arcade control board, similar in size to a racing-wheel, but I don' t have the money now for a full-scale project like I' d hoped, or well, for that matter a scaled down version of my arcade plans even.

I told you guys when I started this that you' d get to see this fly, or crash & burn. It' certainly hasn' t crashed & burned, I currently have 2 fully wired SNES controllers, a couple of joysticks and a wooden controller enclosure that all work wonderfully, it' s most definitely experiencing a major setback.

Haven' t been slacking though. I' ll probably post some of my more recent client' s casemods & faceplates in the next couple weeks or so, if I can get them to snap a picture or two for me.

Hmmmfffff....

Feck!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Arcade Machine (On the Backburner) - Aug 18, 2007 17:27
Why did you buy from someone in hong kong.... LOL

The only HK site I ever trusted was lik-sang, they shipped their shit when they said they would, I bought a couple of GBA games from a guy in Hong Kong on ebay and it took about a month to get them and when I got them they were bootlegs, on the back they said NIBTENDO. Yes NIB, not NINtendo.
< Message edited by emofag -- 18 Aug 07 9:28:15 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Arcade Machine (On the Backburner) - Aug 19, 2007 01:20

when I got them they were bootlegs, on the back they said NIBTENDO. Yes NIB, not NINtendo.

Hehehe.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Arcade Machine (On the Backburner) - Aug 19, 2007 02:07
I' ve ordered two things from random ebay Hong Kong folks... the first never came but I got a full refund, the second took a bit longer than I expected but did finally arrive after about a month.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message