Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too many fps' s.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 02:11
Meh, at least they' re not all WWII games this gen.

I' m super-glad sci-fi is back " in"

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 02:13
Civil War FPS' s for the win.
Nitro

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 02:16

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

No.

Modern day shooters with realistic weapons and more emphasis on tactical play, and lasers & robots for me please!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 03:32

Modern day shooters with realistic weapons and more emphasis on tactical play, and lasers & robots for me please!

Here, here!

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 04:02
Apart from the look of Bioshock, Crysis, Portle and Wii Metroid (for different reasons), FPS' s are getting really stale, Just the same recycled ' war' shit, again and again.

I wanna see more creativaty or a totally different scence. The fact that the view point is so dramatic in the first place, developers could build so much around this alone. Has so much more potenital than just a war Zone.

The Island (working title)

A single Player FPS / Adventure.

The Game Starts with a Bright, Blurred Sunlight Haze shinning in her face (your character).

You wake up to clear waves splashing against you and a few scattered Items, including 1 or Pistols, MG' s and Cross bows. Dazed, you look around and notice your on a Beautiful Tropical Paradise. Your character Does not know how she got there or even remember who she is (you find out more as the game progresses). She slowly works out that she' s the only Human on this Island and its Invested With beautiful looking Creatures, but she works out they are evil little (and Humongos) Bastards.

The enphesis is to try and use the surroundings to trick and Kill Creatures after you (alot of physics emphasis going on) and try and save ammunition for Harder enemies or Boss' s. (once you' ve reached a certain area).

Rules

At first she never speaks, she just groans and grunts while she' s running, Climbing, Shooting or being attacked, Only after she gets over the initial shock of what' s happened, she then starts to scream things like ' Bastards' (as shes fighting).. or ' come to moma' (as she leads creatures towards a trap she' s laid) in frustration.

Fine Details,

Things like seeing your arms / hands in your 1st person view as you grasp for a vine or ledge.

Real time Foot / Prints trails or Creatures Print trails, making it easier for you to backtrack or sense where creatures could be Hiding.

IF your about to Load IE your Bow but get interrupted and have to make a quick run for it, you would see the Arrow in her hand as she runs, climbs and so on. Arrows can even break if you decide to run without putting it away while u climb rugged terrains etc.

As Time goes by, if you stop at a Stream and look at your reflection, you' ll notice things, like your hair gets longer, face getting dirtier, basically you more tired and rough as the adventure goes along.

Looking at your refractions can sometimes trigger memory flashes of how you actually got to the Island. Hence building the story.

There are soo many ideas i have for this but cant be assed to write them all. Have about 20 pages of ideas, ranging from play mechanics to Levels designs etc.

Basically by the time the game is finished and you finally get to see another human, i want the Player, YOU, to be Crying like a bitch. And think OMG, that game was awesome.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 15 Jul 07 20:10:15 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 04:07
Sounds like Lost meets Far Cry.

But I seriously like the idea that the characters visual appearance should change. Actually that' s one of those things I expect from this gen.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 07:23
Virtua, watch out with letting others know ideas. Companies and individuals have been known to kind of " loan" them before ;)
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 09:09

Too many fps' s.[/quote
Never enough till I get my promised 120. Oh, you mean the other FPS, my bad

Maybe the point and click will be reborn!

Silent, I like you, but comments like that break my heart

Myst 13: Point, Click, Boredom!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 22:17

Agree with everything except the lasers, lasers suck! I want some monkeys with machine guns!

I haven' t been online much the past week and so have a shit load of news and vids from E3 to catch up on.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 16, 2007 22:31

You wake up to clear waves splashing against you and a few scattered Items, including 1 or Pistols, MG' s and Cross bows. Dazed, you look around and notice your on a Beautiful Tropical Paradise. Your character Does not know how she got there or even remember who she is (you find out more as the game progresses). She slowly works out that she' s the only Human on this Island and its Invested With beautiful looking Creatures, but she works out they are evil little (and Humongos) Bastards.

The enphesis is to try and use the surroundings to trick and Kill Creatures after you (alot of physics emphasis going on) and try and save ammunition for Harder enemies or Boss' s. (once you' ve reached a certain area).

You mean FarCry... with plot twists....

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

No.

heh, you know I was joking right? That Civil-War game was one of the worst pieces of software I' ve ever played. They actually put it up on one of the EB demo kiosks when it first came out.

Virtua fighter 5

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 01:39

You mean FarCry... with plot twists....

FarCry?, The only thing in common with FarCry is it' s location, and even that is totally different to what you' ll think it' ll be..

The level design is much different, things like climbing up cliffs, vines, trees, The ground won' t be flat or just hilly, there' s steep embankments where you would see her hands clinging onto hard grass and weeds, pulling herself up. Things like mud swamps, territorial rain (making it even harder for her to climb etc) All 1st person view, Real time Day – Night etc.

There' s NO humans, just very cleaver creatures that all have different technique' s of getting to you and will The game would have area Boss' s to.

If anything, it maybe has elements of: Phantasy Star online, Rambo, toom raider, lost, toruk and Contra. It' ll be its own game. (it' s own idea anyway)..

But I seriously like the idea that the characters visual appearance should change. Actually that' s one of those things I expect from this gen.

Thanks and So did I. There are soo many things i expected to see in this genereation which ive not seen yet, overall alot of the games have been like Prettier, high res Ps2 / xbox / GC games with slightly better physics. there' s been a few that stood out but overall .. Meh.

Actually wish the Japanese would hurry up and start to create Their in carnations of FPS' s.. I bet they' ll come up with some very intersting and creative ideas.

Virtua, watch out with letting others know ideas. Companies and individuals have been known to kind of " loan" them before ;)

Dam, thans, your right.. ** leaves only basic element ideas**
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 16 Jul 07 17:40:57 >
Nitro

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 02:07
From what i' ve seen of Crysis, i' d say it looks like it lacks atmosphere.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 03:14
As much as I like games getting more advanced and complex I would prefer if games became more simple with more focus on the fun factor rather than on the advanced factor. I loved Gears because even though there were complex ingredients it was quite simple to play it. Aim, shoot, press the A button and that' s it. I loved the A button
Sure it required some strategy too, but so does Tetris.
Agent Ghost

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 03:44
Simple games were fun in the 80' s now I want something ridiculously complex, not difficult or fustrating. But I want to have a lot going on at once even if I can' t always see it.

The only modern exception I can think of is Geometry Wars. There' s a near perfect simplistic game. Not too many things can make the game better. Co-op and maybe more weapons with the abililty to choose, that' s it.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 03:52
Advanced physics and subtle attention to detail, does not necessary = Complex Controls.. I do agree, a game that has Very Simple, natural Controls is something i much prefer.. There' s nothing more off-putting than a game throwing loads of Pad interface at you, ' Press this button here' ' Press that button there, etc,etc. Intuitive, natural gameplay a must.

From what i' ve seen of Crysis, i' d say it looks like it lacks atmosphere

Watching Vids of Crysis makes it clear crytech are concentrating too much of Physics but being an early demo designed for precific things, i' ll have to play the finished game to make full judgement. The suit idea is great and looks to add more strategy, i just hope there' s more to the game though.

As you stated, even though it' s graphics are gorgeous, it looks dull at the same time.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 16 Jul 07 19:55:09 >
Evilkiller

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 04:06
Well simple games only let you do a few things. If games would be still simple, we' d get bored after some time because there is a point of no ret...errr no new innovation Of course, we all love games like Geometry Wars, which are a nice jump back in time but imagine all games would be as simple as GW - nobody would care about the game anymore because the market would be sated. Therefore I think that evolution as well as more complexity is the way to go to keep games fun and fresh.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 04:47
Agreed but Very Simple, natural Controls does not mean a shallow game.

Ikaruga has very Simple, natural Controls but the game is extremely deep.

If you know what i mean.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 16 Jul 07 20:58:57 >
Evilkiller

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 04:55
Of course, I played many, many shoot ' em ups. Same goes for RPGs, which usually need about 3 buttons (accept, cancel, menu) and still manage to be very complex). But well, there are other genres like action adventures that seriously need complex controls.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 12:17
Well, a game should be simple in concept but offer complexity to individual desire.
Agent Ghost

RE: Too many fps' s. - Jul 17, 2007 12:21

Well, a game should be simple in concept but offer complexity to individual desire.

How?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread