Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How to Improve Kikizo.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 70
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 14, 2007 23:41
I would like to get the free games thing back up, and Adam + co. where are you guys?

I want Adam to post more god damn it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 14, 2007 23:53
I' m probably a fool for thinking this but there might be a chance that they' re spending their time on E3 related things right now...
Silentbomber

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 15, 2007 05:13
hmm, I guess they will do the big video chowcase thing.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 21, 2007 06:08
Well we' re back from E3 now but yes, things have been busy lately as always. No video blowout this year for a variety of reasons which I could detail in a separate post if anyone is interested.

I definitely appreciate the forum feedback. I think the best way to get more members in is for you guys to all leech your pals away from other forums and tell them to join here where it' s nicer! If you do this with two gamer friends each we triple the forum use. There is very little crossover here from viewers on the main site which has enormously more traffic than the forum.

I would also like to hear anyone' s views on how the main Kikizo site could be improved. Any views at all. As we are always considering how to improve, whether it' s small changes or drastic ones. There are always other considerations to any changes of course that might not be obvious at first! But please go ahead with your opinions, we' ll be listening...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 21, 2007 07:04
Perhaps a larger, more prominent link to the forums. I actually don' t see the link at all when I log on, I have to pan over to the right. If you' re looking for more traffic to the forums then it' d make sense to make ' em a little more available to those who don' t know they exist.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 21, 2007 12:51
If you want to improve traffic to the forums there' s a few things you could try:

1.Increase size (and maybe even move) of the forum button. Personally, I like it where it is because I' m used to it. However, the fact remains that many people probably wouldn' t notice it unless they were looking for it. It' s just tiny and obscure at the end the strip.

2. Put a larger link, " discuss in forums" under each video/article.

3. Become affiliates to other gaming sites. They display a link to Kikizo while you display a link to their site. This isn' t specific to the forums but it can' t hurt.

4. You could have quotes of forum members taken directly from the forum chosen by Kikizo staff. Then placing these quotes in (subject matter relevant) high traffic areas. These quotes being links to the actual post where the quote is taken from.

General improvements to the site and forum (in no particular order) :

1. Let us upload our own avatars...please.

2. Get rid of the clutter on the main page. I don' t see the point in repeating links when you can simply make a link larger instead. The entire left column except the E3 stuff seems like fluff. I would get rid of all the repeat links on the main page. Getting rid of the redundant text would do a lot for ambiance.

3. Wider and shorter. No one wants to scoll too much on the main page.

4. I think the forum needs a better search engine. We basically can' t find anything old in the forum except by reading everything page by page.

5. Consider placing more older content from the main pages in archive. In the main Page for example there' s currently a news headline about a Gears of War Bundle for Christmas (that doesn' t need to be on the front page anymore). There are too many headlines and links, it' s sensory overload.

In short, the site looks too much like a news paper rather than an entertainment site.

6.EDIT: FIX THE BUGS! The one that I' m sure pisses us off the most in the forums is the one that loses our post and gives us some shit about " invalid subject title" . It seems to happen when we take a while to type and post a comment. It seems to only happen when we least expect it. Even if we have a stroke of pure genius and type a post inspired of absolute clarity that only occures once in a person' s lifetime the bug won' t give a shit and will send your post into the abyss of nothingness. Thank the 1' s an 0' s for " copy paste" , which I will use again before pressing OK. .

Not that I' m complaining...I love the site. Keep on Keeping on.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 21, 2007 13:05
Fix the link in the top games row. Final Fantasy X should be finally changed to XII.
ginjirou

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 21, 2007 19:10
I think you should separate reviews, previews, news, videos, screenshots and interviews into separate columns, side by side. That way it' s easier to find what you' re looking for without having to search or scroll down.

Slightly wider area for the text and stuff. I guess you' re saving the space in the sides for ads but maybe you could make it a little smaller.
You could remove the entire column to the right (with all the latest blablabla).

A super big forum button, on the top of the page.

That' s it for now.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 22, 2007 00:10
We could ask ourselves how we got here first...
ginjirou

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 22, 2007 02:51
I got here the first time by accidentally clicking the forum button
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Jul 07 19:52:23 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 22, 2007 16:28
I personally prefer web site layouts that are not at a set width and expand to fill your whole screen. But I know you said earlier you like the newspaper column style. Perhaps the forums don' t need to be at a set width though.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 23, 2007 02:19
I got here by clicking on the " post in the forums, get a free game!" ad off of the Killzone 2 E305 trailer on Wikipedia.
Agent Ghost

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 23, 2007 08:55
Oh I would like to add one more thing. The buttons don' t work as they should. It' s very impractical to have to press the button before we know what to type, and type or paste whatever we want to B,I,,U or quote etc...

In every other forum I' ve seen you can simply highlight what you want to apply an action to and then press the button to modify the text.

At the very least we should be able to apply the button code wherever the cursor is instead of at the end of our post.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 23, 2007 23:49
In Firefox yeah. It works just fine if you use Internet Exploder. I highlighted this entire sentence and hit bold. There' s a reason I only post here on IE.
ginjirou

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 24, 2007 00:18
It doesn' t work in my IE. I have IE 7.0
It stopped working the same day I updated to 7.0. Could that be the problem perhaps?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Jul 07 16:18:48 >
Agent Ghost

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 24, 2007 05:57

It doesn' t work in my IE. I have IE 7.0
It stopped working the same day I updated to 7.0. Could that be the problem perhaps?

Ah that' s it. Danm you Eddie and your legacy software holding the world back.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 25, 2007 01:00
Yeah, but at the end of the day...

mine works.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 26, 2007 10:00
Woah, nice one Silent. You got this thing stickied.
Silentbomber

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 27, 2007 03:29
I didnt even notice untill you told me..

I am that busy.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: How to Improve Kikizo. - Jul 27, 2007 04:25
We know you' ve been sitting at your PC hitting F5 for the past week & a half.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 70

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message