Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You need a 360!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 40 of 40
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 03, 2007 06:45

What the *** does that have to do with anything? Please stay on topic.

A lot of people bought PS2s because they had DVD players in them
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 03, 2007 07:42

What if I don' t like playing sports games on modern-day systems? What do I do then?

Sensible soccer
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 03, 2007 09:35
That point about the absence of Madden on the DC was a bit of a factor -- not the deciding factor, but it was significant. But what was more of a problem was the complete absence of any EA titles whatsoever. As much as I dislike EA, they can' t really be ignored.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 03, 2007 11:37

That point about the absence of Madden on the DC was a bit of a factor -- not the deciding factor, but it was significant. But what was more of a problem was the complete absence of any EA titles whatsoever. As much as I dislike EA, they can' t really be ignored.

Pay attention, they implied the football genre, NOT MADDEN, as the result of the DC' s demise. It was a stupid thing to say from a stupid reporter, period.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 03, 2007 11:51

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

Well judging by how many copies Madden sells per year, it couldnt have been a good thing

Are you joking? The article implicitly suggests that the DC did not have a football game when in fact, it did, and not only was the football game more popular than the PS2' s madden launch release, it' s in the same series as one of the games in the article being discussed. The whole pretext of that argument is ruined because of the utter stupidity of the comment that the PS2 had something that the DC didn' t, and that was a football game. Seriously, it was mentally retarded.

I think you misunderstood the sentence DontPeeOnBilly, heres the quote you were refering too.

and no other sport has been so vital to the success (PlayStation 2 having Madden since Day 1) and failure (Dreamcast never got it) of hardware. The importance of this genre is just as relevant today, yet it seems Sony' s console ain' t sittin' so pretty this time around.

What was implied was Dreamcast never got Madden (ie it), not DC never got any NFL games. The ' It' was not refering to NFL games in general but i can see how it can be interpreted this way. I think the whole point was to show how important the Madden franchise is to any platform, and how it was a major arsenal in ps2 rise to dominance. The fact that the ps3 ' appears' to be getting the 30fps ' inferior' (well can be viewed as inferior) version compared to the 360s 60fps version can can potentially sway gamers to the 360.

In any event i hardly think that one poorly written sentence totally invalidates the whole article.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 3 Jul 07 3:56:29 >
mastachefbkw

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 02:16

' inferior' (well can be viewed as inferior) version compared to the 360s 60fps version can can potentially sway gamers to the 360.

I dont think people play madden for its graphics
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 04:17

I dont think people play madden for its graphics

Yeah, I think they play it for its cheap, rubber-banding AI and completely unrealistic dependence on long bombs.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 05:05

Yeah, I think they play it for its cheap, rubber-banding AI and completely unrealistic dependence on long bombs.

Yeah but if you have low self-asteem it might be good for you to win all the time. The only sports games I have were given to me and they are fun to play when you are bored and have a friend over and then you kick their *** and you feel better. And has anyone noticed that whenever someone tries to make a valid point DontPeeOnBilly shuts them down or ignmores them altogether like he is doing with the last comment Terrak made.

mastachefbkw

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 05:28

has anyone noticed that whenever someone tries to make a valid point DontPeeOnBilly shuts them down or ignmores them altogether like he is doing with the last comment Terrak made.

Why else do you think he' s here?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 09:03
Y' know what' s more boring than playing a sports game?

Arguing about sports games!

Sports games sell far better than they should as far as quality goes, there' s no doubt about that. Any developer that turns out one (supposedly) full title in just a year can' t be putting their best foot forward.

mastachefbkw

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 09:30

Watching someone else play a sports game?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 16:48

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

The shopping channel?
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 21:20

and no other sport has been so vital to the success (PlayStation 2 having Madden since Day 1) and failure (Dreamcast never got it) of hardware. The importance of this genre is just as relevant today, yet it seems Sony' s console ain' t sittin' so pretty this time around.

What was implied was Dreamcast never got Madden (ie it), not DC never got any NFL games. The ' It' was not refering to NFL games in general but i can see how it can be interpreted this way. I think the whole point was to show how important the Madden franchise is to any platform, and how it was a major arsenal in ps2 rise to dominance. The fact that the ps3 ' appears' to be getting the 30fps ' inferior' (well can be viewed as inferior) version compared to the 360s 60fps version can can potentially sway gamers to the 360.

You are wrong, it was not Madden, it was implied as the sport of football.

Also remember, the sentence before your snippet contained this, " Baseball may be America' s past time, but in video games, football rules." Or some such nonsense. America' s past time IS FOOTBALL, NOT BASEBALL. The sport of Football is more popular and important than Baseball. So the suggestion that Baseball is still America' s Past Time was also wrong.

As you can see, the article was written by a dumbshit. Thus, it' s incredibly easy to understand why they would suggest that the DC didn' t have a sports game, because they are stupid.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 21:24

And has anyone noticed that whenever someone tries to make a valid point DontPeeOnBilly shuts them down or ignmores them altogether like he is doing with the last comment Terrak made.

Wait, there' s a rule that I have to respond during a certain period of time in order to have a legitimate response? Fool, I didn' t even read your post until after I submitted my response to Terrak. The reason why I didn' t submit a response the second after Terrak posted is because I have, in some regard, a life. This life business leads me to doing things other than solely being on Kikizo. I' m sure even you can back me up on this life phenomena.

And no, I' m not a troll, most everyone knows this by now.
Nitro

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 04, 2007 21:32
Dreamcast received NFL 2K, NFL Blitz and NCAA College Football games, so i' m pretty sure the article was referring exclusively to Madden.

However the article is poorly worded as it mentions " no other sport" and [the]" importance of this genre"

Madden is a big seller, but to be honest i severely doubt the vast majority of buyers will even know there' s a framerate difference between the versions. It' s like Pro Evolution or Need for Speed in that they sell in high numbers regardless of quality or content.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 05, 2007 08:10
' QuezcatoL'
muhhahahaha.

This is done so the consumers will get identical versions of the game, and since 33-50% of the 360' s die, they must make the PS3-version on half framerate, so the PS3-people won' t get more frames on their version..

Seriously tough, I hope they' ll make use of the PS3' s Bluray-drive and put some extras on it, especially since they got the license for NFL-materials. :-/
Should help alot for potential PS3-version customers, and not take much work to fix. :)
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 05, 2007 12:26

Dreamcast received NFL 2K, NFL Blitz and NCAA College Football games, so i' m pretty sure the article was referring exclusively to Madden.

However the article is poorly worded as it mentions " no other sport" and [the]" importance of this genre"

Madden is a big seller, but to be honest i severely doubt the vast majority of buyers will even know there' s a framerate difference between the versions. It' s like Pro Evolution or Need for Speed in that they sell in high numbers regardless of quality or content.

Their point hinges on the importance of the genre. Their editorializing proves their ineptness as a journalism site.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 05, 2007 17:06

I have, in some regard, a life. This life business leads me to doing things other than solely being on Kikizo. I' m sure even you can back me up on this life phenomena.

I would just like to say this Life We Don' t Need No Stinking Life.

And no, I' m not a troll, most everyone knows this by now.

I know but is amazingly fun to mess with you just like Emofag and Quez it doesn' t mean we hate you it just means you' re like the person everyone loves to beat the shit out of because they put up a fight and hardly ever do any real damage. And lets make it fianl it was poorly written and no one is going to really care so lets just end this thread and let it slide down into the depths of kikizo where threads go to die.
Nitro

RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 05, 2007 18:39

ORIGINAL: Torr

I know but is amazingly fun to mess with you just like Emofag and Quez it doesn' t mean we hate you it just means you' re like the person everyone loves to beat the shit out of because they put up a fight and hardly ever do any real damage. And lets make it final it was poorly written and no one is going to really care so lets just end this thread and let it slide down into the depths of kikizo where threads go to die.

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Want to play Madden NFL 08, All-Pro Football 2K8, and NCAA Football 08 @ 60fps? You n - Jul 14, 2007 12:38
60 Fps baby I thought ea wa going to dick us football fans again.

Source

But this may be just an joke
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message