Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 55 of 55
ys
  • Total Posts : 532
  • Reward points : 7470
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 02, 2008 06:19

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: emofag

There' s so much more shit to do and unlock in games like Tekken/Soul Calibur than in VF , they are properly designed console ports and probably why they' ll always sell better.

I think the difference is that people correctly percieve Namco' s fighters as being easier to get into.

The VF games are more " hardcore" (although Tekken has an equally massive hardcore fanbase) and aren' t as easy to play.

In comparison, i think both the Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive games are weak in terms of art direction. Both or Namco' s games have cooler characters and stages.

Tekken isn' t as balanced as Virtua Fighter though, and the trade off is a larger character roster. But Tekken also has flashier moves and like you say, more content... all of which no doubt goes some way to explaining why Tekken has always sold better.

What kind of unlockables does Tekken have for example? Is it much more than VF?

I myself never got this " easier to get into" though. Is VF really that inaccessible for most people? What is it that makes the game so difficult? My girlfriend for example is someone who' s more into horror games etc. but she did attain Champion rank with Lei Fei in VF4 Evo which was the first character she tried in the game. She never had any problems getting into it all. She did have experience with Soul Calibur for example but still. The same goes for me actually. Neither of us is one of those people who studies the amount of frames and plans big strategies before a match but still we managed to get that rank. I assumed that gamers who are used to playing games could do well in VF without any big problems. If they had the will of course to get somewhere and learn some moves etc.

The design of the stages is indeed an area where Tekken might excel. I also think that the next VF should have some stages like in VF3. Even if they need to sacrifice some of that pixel perfection.

But I prefer the characters in VF though since they are more normal. It gives more of an authentic martial arts feeling which I like. There are so many games out there with outlandish characters that I kind of like VF being different in that way. Something like this is of course personal preference.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 02, 2008 06:31
I deaf, dumb and blind monkey can atain a high rank. These games, specifically the Virtua Fighter games are about fighting other people.

In Dead or Alive, or Soul Calibur and Tekken (to a far lesser extent) somebody who hasn' t honed their skills could still be beaten by some button mashing moron. In Virtua Fighter, that' s virtually impossible.

ys
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 03, 2008 00:07

ORIGINAL: Nitro

I deaf, dumb and blind monkey can atain a high rank. These games, specifically the Virtua Fighter games are about fighting other people.

Of course playing against others is what these games are about. And maybe you' re exceptionally good but I wouldn' t call ataining that rank that easy. A more than basic grasp of moves is needed together with patience and the will to continue.

In Dead or Alive, or Soul Calibur and Tekken (to a far lesser extent) somebody who hasn' t honed their skills could still be beaten by some button mashing moron. In Virtua Fighter, that' s virtually impossible.

You meant somebody who has honed their skills could still be beaten by a button mashing moron. Or?

I think Dead or Alive is the " worst one" when it comes to that. I could easily win against someone who was new to Soul Calibur but in Dead or Alive this wasn' t as obvious. And as for Tekken, I' ve only played Tekken V but it didn' t seem that buttonmashing friendly compared to DOA.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 05, 2008 07:01
The entire difference between VF and most other fighting games is VF breaks down the moves more and makes it much harder to pull off " Fancy" moves.

In DOA the moves are too easy, all you have to do is tap 2 buttons and you' ll see the most exotic fighting moves ever and people flying around, in VF if you tap 2 buttons you' ll just see your character punch twice.. if you wanna do the fancy shit then you need to actually learn to play.

DOA also has stupid shit like its WAY too fucking easy for idiots to counter, and it' s not just a counter its usually followed by a throw so you get counter once by an idiot pressing 2 buttons and you lose 20% of your life from that.
< Message edited by emofag -- 4 Mar 08 23:03:32 >

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 05, 2008 15:17

The entire difference between VF and most other fighting games is VF breaks down the moves more and makes it much harder to pull off " Fancy" moves.

In DOA the moves are too easy, all you have to do is tap 2 buttons and you' ll see the most exotic fighting moves ever and people flying around, in VF if you tap 2 buttons you' ll just see your character punch twice.. if you wanna do the fancy shit then you need to actually learn to play.

DOA also has stupid shit like its WAY too ***ing easy for idiots to counter, and it' s not just a counter its usually followed by a throw so you get counter once by an idiot pressing 2 buttons and you lose 20% of your life from that.

Yeah, but the BREASTS!!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 06, 2008 05:25

Yeah, but the BREASTS!!
The ones that never stop moving? Its like they have an energizer bunny inside their chest that keeps them going.

ys
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 06, 2008 23:08

DOA also has stupid shit like its WAY too ***ing easy for idiots to counter, and it' s not just a counter its usually followed by a throw so you get counter once by an idiot pressing 2 buttons and you lose 20% of your life from that.

Hehehe, true about that punching twice thing. I can understand why this appeals to some people though but I personally got bored because of this. In the beginning it was kind of cool to see that I could pull of all these things without much thought. But eventually this was what made me lose interest in the game.

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Yeah, but the BREASTS!!
The ones that never stop moving? Its like they have an energizer bunny inside their chest that keeps them going.

I' ve also been thinking about that. Especially with all the talk about there being some special physics engine for it. Not too accurate in the end with the jelly effect :P

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 00:44

I' ve also been thinking about that. Especially with all the talk about there being some special physics engine for it. Not too accurate in the end with the jelly effect :P

Keep em moving I do not mine one bit.

Chee Saw
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 04:27

ORIGINAL: ys

Who the hell wants accuracy in their breast? Have you seen Ivy from SC4?

I think we' re moving steadily away from realism.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 04:44
Is if as she put more and more silicone with every new installment

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 05:33
I' ve noticed that the boob effects in DMC4 were done rather well. The movement was perfect for the size of them....now I feel like one of those creeps who are so desperate that they bought the DOA volley ball games. [:' (]

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 07:48

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Nah, she looks hot in IV

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 09:38
Y' know guys, if you really like lady bits, there are places you can get to from your computer that let you look at them for free! I hear some places let you get to see them without revealing suits of armor even...

Chee Saw
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 07, 2008 19:55

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Y' know guys, if you really like lady bits, there are places you can get to from your computer that let you look at them for free! I hear some places let you get to see them without revealing suits of armor even...

That' s lame! Give me nude codes, or give me DEATH!

ys
RE: Tekken 6... not as ugly as we thought!!! - Mar 08, 2008 03:44

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Well, I meant, they were talking about how advanced the engine was to create realism. I just meant that it kind of failed in that aspect then. And to be honest, the jelly effect looks kind of ridiculous I think :P

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Yeah, that' s another thing that puzzled me too actually ;) Or why not get one of those special " great" games then for some console or the pc?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 55 of 55