But... the Wii can' t do 1080p!

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 84
Emotep
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 0
But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 01:26

With some help from their friends at Sony, it can now.
< Message edited by Emotep -- 16 Jun 07 17:37:24 >
Honour those that crash their planes to kill the enemy. Join the Battlefield 1942 Divine Wind squadron and kill more Americans today!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 01:32
OMG some peopel are so dumb,and if i choose 1080p display on my console and try to play arcade games it still says I play in 1080p even though I dont.

Its still 480p in the game.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 02:09
How the f*** did Emotep get the level " I love PS3" ???!?!?!?!?!

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 02:17

But... the Wii can' t do 1080p!

You' re absolutely 100% correct. It can' t.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 04:28
you know, hd isnt everything..
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 08:32
Emotep that looks great, Is that your own picture?
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 09:06
The image in the picture is much smaller than 480p resolution.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 10:46

How the f*** did Emotep get the level " I love PS3" ???!?!?!?!?!

It was changed the last time he posted pics of his fake tv, which you can clearly see this tv is different from the one in his other posts, which evilman already proved was fake as well

ginjirou
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 18:10
I want a cool level too
" Jedi Master" or " Sith Lord" is fine by me, or simply " better than everyone else"

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 18:52
Upscaling, You can run DVDs at 720p and 1080p, but they still look like shit compared to the real thing (Bluray/HD DVD). The same would apply here.

And Twilight princess is the first Zelda game I seriously didn' t feel like playing anymore after 5 or so hours, the magic just isn' t there anymore.
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Jun 07 11:02:54 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 22:39
I dropped it after 1, which is funny because I' m a big Zelda fan. How many mundane missions am I going to have to do before finally doing something interesting![:' (]

Oh yeah, um, about the topic. I' d bother responding but he' s only looking for a rise from you folks. Just don' t bother.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:13
Eddie i have a fiend who own zelda on wii and he was a bit disapointed in the early levels of zelda, but then after few hours he said things start being very interesting and when he finished the game, he says its very close in quality to zelda OCT and the second best zelda he ever played. this coming from a huge zelda fan, played all of them except wind waker. so you better give a try or you' ll miss something big. don' t let the first part of the game discourage you because that' s excalty what he felt in the begining.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:26
The ending to Twilight Princess is very very sh!t, and I am gravely disappointed
in it.

*****SPOILER*****

It' s like, why would Ganondorf possess Zelda, then not use any of the power Zelda has???

Instead, he uses his own power and half his voice, whilst wearing Zelda as a costume, you' d think he had been wanting to get inside Zelda all along just to
know what it feels like to be a woman, I mean, he was raised in a desert full of
women, so maybe that' s where the longing originates from.

*****END SPOILER*****

Either way, TP was a big let down.

On topic, emotep, I remember when I could play my gameboy on my TV man...

I just wish it wouldn' t look so pixelated..

he says its very close in quality to zelda OCT and the second best zelda he ever played. this coming from a huge zelda fan, played all of them except wind waker.

Your friend is blind, it doesn' t come close to the quality of Ocarina, it' s basically a rehashed Ocarina. It' s like a lazy port 5 years later.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 17 Jun 07 15:35:25 >
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Abasoufiane
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:31
tiz , are you so fucking stupid , you disapoint me , why the fuck would spoil the game, fortunatly i didn' t keep reading but i already read an information that is 100% spoiler...

don' t talk about what' s coming in ANY GAME, specialy that kind of games. i think you' re grown up to know this shit come on!!

Tiz
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:34
Believe me Aba, that' s not the worst of it. That' s the tip of the Iceberg, but you are right, I should have advised spoiler, i' ll rectify that ill-thought post.

Abasoufiane
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:41
thanks tiz, sorry for being harsh with you but i was very upset.

many big websites gave it a very good score while some of them were a bit disapointed. i think i' ll have to try it and see.

Emotep
  • Total Posts : 125
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 17, 2007 23:54

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Emotep that looks great, Is that your own picture?

Yup
Honour those that crash their planes to kill the enemy. Join the Battlefield 1942 Divine Wind squadron and kill more Americans today!

Tiz
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 00:15

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

thanks tiz, sorry for being harsh with you but i was very upset.

many big websites gave it a very good score while some of them were a bit disapointed. i think i' ll have to try it and see.

That' s alright, but the reason I feel that a lot of websites gave it a good score was because it is Zelda, even Gametrailers said, it' s more or less the same thing " but this is Zelda and it works.."

Gamespot gave Zelda an 8.9 and everyone was furious.

I' d personally give it an 8/10.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 00:17

I' d personally give it an 8/10.

WTF?!

Oh wait its just the same fucking zelda with GC graphic,yeah it desveres 8/10
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 01:05

Eddie i have a fiend who own zelda on wii and he was a bit disapointed in the early levels of zelda, but then after few hours he said things start being very interesting and when he finished the game, he says its very close in quality to zelda OCT and the second best zelda he ever played. this coming from a huge zelda fan, played all of them except wind waker. so you better give a try or you' ll miss something big. don' t let the first part of the game discourage you because that' s excalty what he felt in the begining.

I might give it a shot once I get a Wii, but considering I am currently without a Gamecube.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 01:14
the Wii can do 1080p, its just that you have to unlock it by getting 100% in wii sports.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Virtua fighter 5
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 04:22
Well, ive not played an Adventure anywhere as good quality made as TP this genreration.

Im about to play through it a second time (alot of things i want to try differently)
Currently playing:
FSX (P

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 04:25

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I might give it a shot once I get a Wii, but considering I am currently without a Gamecube.

I was a bit excited to try Zelda on Wii since my roomate had it but after watching him play I wasn' t impressed at all. It would have been one of my favorite games if it was released 7 or 8 years ago though. That' s how outdated the graphics and gameplay looked to me.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Virtua fighter 5
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 04:34
Outdated graphics? You mean resolution and AA, the artwork and attention to detail in OOT puts the likes of Oblivion to shame.. and gameplay? GAMEPLAY? WTF are u talking about? so what other Action adventures play slicker than OOT? i wanna see one?? The combat system is sublime. The way Link can battle multiple enimies and foot or horseback is perfected better than anything else out there It makes Oblivion feel buggy, stiff, dull and Basic in gameplay terms.

Seriously, Get lost with that shit..

Currently playing:
FSX (P

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 04:46

Outdated graphics? You mean resolution and AA, the artwork and attention to detail in OOT puts the likes of Oblivion to shame.. and gameplay? GAMEPLAY? WTF are u talking about? so what other Action adventures play slicker than OOT? i wanna see one?? The combat system is sublime. The way Link can battle multiple enimies and foot or horseback is perfected better than anything else out there It makes Oblivion feel buggy, stiff, dull and Basic in gameplay terms.

Too bad Oblivion is an RPG, not an Adventure game.

ginjirou
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 04:57
While Zelda TP was an amazing game I was slightly disappointed.
It lacked the soul and magic I found in previous games.
And it was far from perfect. The camera during fights didn' t feel right all the time, the animations sometimes looked really wrong and the lack of voice acting made it feel very outdated. The soundtrack didn' t really have anything that you remember. Even though the world us huge it doesn' t feel like it because it' s divided into different regions and cut of. So it' s more like serveral smaller areas linked together, which was quite disappointing. And I barely used Epona as I could simply teleport myself wherever I wanted to go.
The graphics are still awesome though and TP actually makes my eyes more satisfied than Gears of War or Oblivion does. And the different weapons and objects you get through the game are simply fantastic and really fun to use.
The wolf parts where really cool and the abilities you got where fantastic.
I still prefer Ocarina Of Time and Wind waker.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Jun 07 20:59:41 >

Abasoufiane
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:07
i' m trying to play Oblivion seriously now that i have a 360, i first tried it on my pc a,d it wasn' t that powerful so i gave it up.

so far 3 hours of gameplay and the game didn' t impress me at all, and it does not push me to come back ... and why the fuck is that?? i' m trying to find reasons.

i' ve seen many reviews most of them rated it VERY HIGH and i still can' t justify those scores... soemthing does not attract me, something feels wrong about that game...

[strong]

first of all the graphics are not that impressive as many reviews have wrote , well may be at the time, but for a 360 it' s not at all, i expect much better, in fact even the art design is not that attractive (in some places yes)

second, it feels like an unpolished game, the animation is weak, some bugs here and there, some freezes for a second or two but it' s still annoying.

Third, you play with a hero that has no personality and no charisma at all... this is a very bad point to me.

fourth, no puzzles or riddles to solve so far after 3 hours of gameplay and i think it' ll be like that to the end.

fifth, no cut scenes.

[/strong]

i really want to play it and be sure that it' s really not my game, that is why i' m still playing it.

locopuyo
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:07

Sigh.... fanboy. Games have progressed past N64 and Quake 3 Arena.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:14

Sigh.... fanboy. Games have progressed past N64 and Quake 3 Arena.

Thats right, when you cant give good arguments just shout Fanboy and your covered

Currently playing:
FSX (P

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Adventure? - Shadow of the Colossus > Twilight Princess

Art direction? - God of War II > All

Best Zelda? - Wind Waker

Abasoufiane
some people don' t judge the graphics by their beauty but by the shader and pixel model ithey, and whether dynamic lighting and soft shadows are used. how sad.

zelda wind waker or TP look more attractive to me even if they use outdated technology, the art design is fantastic for both. same can be said for God of war or shadow of colossus or ico, the art design is the most important aspect of graphics, the technology used ONLY helps to achieve them. SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GRASP THAT.

ginjirou
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:20
Give Oblivion some serious time. I hated it for like... three different saves and six wasted hours.
But on the forth save, after playing 7 hours I started getting the point of the game and I finally loved it.
I don' t play it much now though but I really liked it. Quite impressive seeing as I truly hated it at first.

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:21

That' s how outdated the graphics and gameplay looked to me.

Please explain how the gameplay looked so dated??? Did you actually bother playing the game?

Abasoufiane
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:24
well probably that' s what wil happen to me , i think it' s because it is a totaly new type to me and i need to focus on its strenghts instead of comparing it to japanese games, and i really hope that it' l impress me later on after all, this is one of those very few times when i don' t like a game that the majority of " serious" gamers like.

locopuyo
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:31

ORIGINAL: Duffman

That' s how outdated the graphics and gameplay looked to me.

Please explain how the gameplay looked so dated??? Did you actually bother playing the game?

Nope, just watched my friend play it. The puzzles didn' t seem impressive, just more of the same old. And the controls just seemed stupid to me. And the annoying sound coming from the controller..... I know you can mute it but seriously, what a gimmick.

Virtua fighter 5
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:38

And the controls just seemed stupid to me.

Lol, it' s stupid to asume a how a game plays by watching someone else play it.

Tryand play the game first, then come back with an opinion FFS.
Currently playing:
FSX (P

locopuyo
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:44

And the controls just seemed stupid to me.

Lol, it' s stupid to asume a how a game plays by watching someone else play it.

Tryand play the game first, then come back with an opinion FFS.

No. Now go back to your outdated FPS and N64.

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:45

he puzzles didn' t seem impressive, just more of the same old. And the controls just seemed stupid to me. And the annoying sound coming from the controller..... I know you can mute it but seriously, what a gimmick.

hmmm so the puzzels didn' t SEEM impressive..... As VF5 said, sit down and play the fucking game before you make your judgement.

locopuyo
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 05:53

ORIGINAL: Duffman

he puzzles didn' t seem impressive, just more of the same old. And the controls just seemed stupid to me. And the annoying sound coming from the controller..... I know you can mute it but seriously, what a gimmick.

hmmm so the puzzels didn' t SEEM impressive..... As VF5 said, sit down and play the ***ing game before you make your judgement.

No thanks. Other people who have played it didn' t like it, and I wouldn' t like it from the looks of it so I' m not even going to bother. For the same reasons I never played Sonic Heros amoungst other games.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: But... the Wii can' t do 1080p! - Jun 18, 2007 06:05
What' s amusing is loco plays Cybernations along with me, ...a game with *shock* no actual grafficks!!!! *shock ...

But yeah, Twilight Princess doesn' t suffer gameplay-wise. I' d probably argue that Monster Hunter is a better game though!

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 84