Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 13, 2007 06:20
I don' t celebrate,I think everyone should come up with something on their own.
Anyway its a great day and I think every family shoulkd try and come up with something of their own in tradition.

Like being on a boat and relax or go to the beach,or beat down some sonyfanboy etc.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 13, 2007 10:51

Like being on a boat and relax or go to the beach,or beat down some sonyfanboy etc.

National beat down random sony fanboy day? What about kick nintendo fanboys in the nuts? Or even Hit MS fanboys in the face day?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 19, 2007 00:39
I find it odd that they even let Nazi' s parade. I know there' s freedom of speech & all that, but considering your proximity & country' s past relationship to Germany (nothing against you now), I' m suprised they even allow demonstrations on a small scale, no less a political movement type of thing.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 19, 2007 00:56
Ofc they should let the nazi do that.

As long as we have dickheads to lefties destroying stories and saying retarded stuff like " kill all the rich" why not let them be out to,they can kill each other,I dont give a shit.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 19, 2007 01:30
There' s been lots of debates whether they should be allowed to demonstrate or not.
It seems that the general opinion is that the best way to fight nazi ideology is to confront it straight on with arguments, instead of trying to hide it from the public. It' s when it' s hidden from the public that people get an interest since they don' t really know what it stands for.
If we would forbid the nazis from demonstrating then they could use it to their advantage.
However, most major political parties refuse to officially debate with the extremely right-winged nationalists since it would give them more attention in the media.
So it' s a delicate balance of what they' re allowed to do and not.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Today it' s Sweden' s national day! (6/6) - Jun 19, 2007 11:47

There' s been lots of debates whether they should be allowed to demonstrate or not.
It seems that the general opinion is that the best way to fight nazi ideology is to confront it straight on with arguments, instead of trying to hide it from the public. It' s when it' s hidden from the public that people get an interest since they don' t really know what it stands for.
If we would forbid the nazis from demonstrating then they could use it to their advantage.
However, most major political parties refuse to officially debate with the extremely right-winged nationalists since it would give them more attention in the media.
So it' s a delicate balance of what they' re allowed to do and not.

Yeah, I can see that for sure. I' m not saying that they shouldn' t be allowed to demonstrate, Quez. I' m just saying that Germany is incredibly strict on what you can say, do, wear or play regarding most of went on politically in the 30s & 40s, & I' m pleasantly suprised that your country hasn' t followed suit. At least folks don' t have to live with the " sweep it under the carpet" policy that Germany has appeared to have established.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message