Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 charlie and the chocolate factory question
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
charlie and the chocolate factory question - Mar 28, 2005 15:40
so last night i was watching the old cathode-ray tube and willy wonka and the chocolate factory was on.....and as it neared the end i started thinking about the tim burton movie, and when it was done i looked into it again and came to a startling realization......the old movie is called willy wonka and the chocolate factory and this tim burton film is charlie and the chocolate factory. so is this a remake or isn' t it?? or is it in fact a sort of sequel? because at the end of willy wonka and the chocolate factory, willy gives the factory to charlie. so.............i' m confused. someone help clear my head.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: charlie and the chocolate factory question - Mar 28, 2005 15:52
Burton' s basing it more on the Book which is Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: charlie and the chocolate factory question - Mar 31, 2005 09:53
Mass X is right on the money. Burton' s aim was to make it more congruent with the book, which is far darker and creepy than the original Disney movie was (go figure). Apparently the Dahl family was more than pleased with Burton' s proposal to do so as well. This should be a fun one.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: charlie and the chocolate factory question - Mar 31, 2005 16:52
Roald Dahl when he was still alive was apparently unhappy with how the films based around his books failed to follow them closely enough. He apparently hated the ending to the film version of the Witches.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll