Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Zelda Timeline (AVGN)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 11, 2008 19:20
Angry Videogame Nerd Zelda Timeline

Just thought it was interesting to watch and his conclusion at the end is pretty nice:

" ...it' s a gangraped, bitch-slapped, broken down fucking mess of a timeline...
...the point is that the true heart of the zelda games is the gameplay...
...just enjoy the fucking games!"

You Zelda freaks can check the article on the Zelda Wikia
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 14, 2008 13:57
That' s pretty funny stuff there!

And, yes, he is right on the money. The timeline is trash, and nobody should really care, because each installment is a different, fun little installment.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 14, 2008 14:27
The only difference between the timeline' s in Zelda and Final Fantasies is that Zelda' s retain more things from installment to installment and not just a Cid, chocobos and moogles like FF does. They can say all they want about how they are indeed sequels and prequels, but the canon is just so fu@ked up that it wouldn' t make sense anymore. The only direct continuations I see in Zeldas are:

Zelda and Zelda 2 are directly connected

Ocarina if Time, Majora' s Mask are directly connected, while Wind Waker uses the established events from Ocarina of Time as its back story, so Wind Waker is also a sequel to Ocarina.
< Message edited by chimura -- 14 Jan 08 6:31:25 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 15, 2008 00:59
Meh, anyone who' s played the games would know that each Link is a reincarnation of the last one. Hence, there is no real timeline anyway.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 15, 2008 02:04
Well, some things are refered to in other games, like in Windwaker where they mention the Hero of Time who never returned.
And how the sages are in one game etc.
There' s obviously a timeline, but a very messed up one. The reincarnation thing is pretty solid though. It' s obvious that it' s not the same guy who lives through a thousand years.
One of my pals prefers the idea that " Link" isn' t a soul or a certain person, but a type of personality or a title given to a person with certain traits. The one who have the courage of a hero when the times are dark becomes Link. Not link the person, but Link the ideal.
Yeah, he' s somewhat of a hardcore Zelda-fan.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Zelda Timeline (AVGN) - Jan 15, 2008 02:33
Well, I know there is some kind of (very slight) timeline somewhere, but none of them are really prequels. Instead, it is a completely new Link sometime in the future who has just been introduced to everything for the first time again, and the green hero clothes, sword and shield are all given to the child by fate.

All we can do is speculate though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message