Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your favourite racing game?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 02:45
What' s your all-time favourite racing game?
All sub-genres included meaning games such as Mario Kart, WipeOut, F-Zero and so on.

My all-time favourite racing game is F-Zero GX for the Gamecube.
Racing is about competing at high speed and I think that' s exactly what F-Zero GX gives you more than any other game.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 03:03
Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout Pure.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 03:58
The one coming to my mind right now is Burnout 2
moogaloonie

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 04:57
I don' t know how well this game stood the test of time, but my memories of playing Power Drift have it on record as my favourite racing game ever. I think it was the combination of wicked hills, and crazy jumps and that feeling of motion that I' d never gotten from a sprite-scaling game before. I' d love for Sega to give that game the update treatment!
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 05:35
The original F zero
PGR2
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 06:27
That' s a REALLY tough question... I know that as far as motorcycle racing games go I can very EASILY say that Sega' s SUPER HANG-ON remains the greatest motorcycle racer on the planet to me...

As far as Car and other vehicular type racers go hmm.. I loved the arcade versions of Daytona USA 1 & 2. REALLY liked Ridge Racer V and Ridge Racers. Loved the original F-Zero, F-Zero GX, and Wipeout Pure...Bah shoot me! I can' t decide

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 08:10
wipeout to psx and Pgr2.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 15:29
Quite topical as im off to Castle Combe to video a track day today for a mag

Sega Rally & Daytona in the arcade (and SRally on the Saturn)

GTi Owners Club in the arcade
(brings back fond memories of weston super-mare - think fight night, teenage pregnancy & underage drinking you get the pretty picture)

Oh and Wip3out..

only because it was very ambitious for the PS1 with it' s split screen, and because I got to work on it!

There are loads more competent racers I enjoy, I really love the genre, but I put these into the bracket of state of the art as in Forza at the time, now PGR, Burnout etc..

One bone to pick with the previous incarnations of the PGR series was that the cars wern' t accurate - as in I' ve cained VX220 turbos round a race track, and I tell thee, these things were doing 0-60 in like 4.3 seconds with a bit fettling, let in the game, get one and it would have the speed of the non turbo version, which would still be ok, but nope, it got whooped by most things! Almost as if the games ran by how elite the car was made it faster or slower - hense the old Ford GT way over performed etc...

I supposed people have to be able to re-live the nostalgia etc...

I do think with Revenge on the 360 - (and I was ready to hate this game) they have used some really novel ideas for the multiplayer etc.. but im 90% through it with almost all Golds expecting some sort of reward for my achievement so far, yet nada! You have to perfect it all, and I' ve reached elite rank... whats that all about!!

Now where' s my sega rally gone....
< Message edited by jtypecav -- 22 Apr 06 7:35:47 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 22, 2006 17:31
I don' t think it was much realised but mines has to be pod2 on the dream cast, dunno why but it was really fun playing it. And for the x box it' s gotta be quantum redshift it was realy fun but there wasn' t enough characters I don' t think at least enough interesting ones anyway.
ginjirou

RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 01:22
How many people are actually playing racing games with a wheel? Do any of you guys do it? I have always wanted to buy one but I don' t know if it' s that much more fun than with a regular controller. Any thoughts?
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 03:42
It all depends what ur used to..While Playing with a pad on a decent console racer can be fun, if you play on a fully customised PC Rig its a different story alltogether..

remember my freind coming round who loved his PGR2/3.. i set up my rig and put on GTR in ' arcade mode' for him.. HE WAS GOBSMACKED!!

Being part of PC GT-R and LFS teams/clans and having a good customised setup.. I cant go back to pad TBH (unless its it my much loved DS Mariokart)..

This is why i cannot wait for PC Outrun 2

Fave racers:

GTR (PC)
GT Ledgends (PC)
Mario Kart (DS)
LFS (PC)
CRC 2005 (PC)

EDIT:

OVerall fave racing game?? hmm.

I love all of the above, and mostly Sega arcade racers such as F355, Scudracer, Daytona, Sega rally, outrun ect, ect.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 22 Apr 06 20:04:06 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 04:18
Rush 2049 on Dreamcast easily wins it for me. I' m still waiting for a real sequal.
PGR3 comes in second.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 08:06
Rush 2049, where the cars can pull out wings, right?

If that is, then I loved that game back on my Dreamcast, if not then the one i am talking about is the one I loved.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 13:51
yeah in regular races you have wings you can use and there are tons of shortcuts and crazy stuff like driving over a switch to make a huge thing come out to crush the car next to you. It also has stunt mode which is pretty much tony hawk with cars and battle mode kinda like twisted metal.
This game is so awesome. I am extremely dissapointed with what they did to the rush name with the last game. It isn' t anything like it. It just plain sucks.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 14:14
There are way too many to choose from. In no particular order, the following are freakin' great:

-Out Run (arcade)
-Super Hang-On (arcade and Genesis they are exactly the same except for what' s different)
-Road Rash (Genesis)
-Road Rash (3DO)
-The Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Playstation 2)
-Burnout Revenge (Only when Yuzo' s Wangan Midnight 2 music is ripped into this game) (Xbox)
-MotoGP 3 (Xbox)
-F-Zero (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
-F-Zero GX (Game Cube Nintendo / GCN) (It' s good because Sega made it.)
-Batman Returns (driving portions kick ass) (Sega CD)
-Outrunners (arcade)
-Super Mario Kart DS (Nintendo DS) (The best Mario Kart game by leaps and bounds)
-Daytona USA (Sega Dreamcast & Sega Saturn-1st edition of the game, 2nd Saturn version wasn' t as fun and had crap music)
-Sega Rally Championship (Sega Saturn)
-Out Run 2 (Xbox)
-Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 (Xbox)
-Shenmue' s Forklift Race (Sega Dreamcast) (Hey, it' s much better than Rad Racer or even Gran Turismo!)
-Out Run 3D (Sega Master System) (Somebody please send me a complete copy in good condition, thanks)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 23 Apr 06 6:16:22 >
ginjirou

RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 16:28
Shenmue' s Forklift Race...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 16:55
Simulation - Ferrari F355 Challenge : Passione Rossa (DreamCast)

Arcade - OutRun 2 (Xbox)

Rally - Rallisport Challenge 2 (it' s the new Sega Rally) (Xbox)
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 23, 2006 22:23

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

How many people are actually playing racing games with a wheel? Do any of you guys do it? I have always wanted to buy one but I don' t know if it' s that much more fun than with a regular controller. Any thoughts?

Iv' e never played with those only in arcades and someone' s house and it' s fun but weird I think I rather my controller pad but saying that I wouldn' t mind playing with the full set up jut that it takes up so much space.

By the way shenmue forklift was brilliant.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 24, 2006 02:18
Wheels dont really add much to arcade racers, especially the cheap ones. Joypads are much more enjoyable for Burnout etc. They' re even fairly unnecessary for games like GT4 and TOCA also.

Sweet setup there btw f3hunter! Where did you get your Momo customised like that??
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Your favourite racing game? - Apr 24, 2006 08:03
I agree about Arcade racers , but I defnitely disagree about GT4 - you won' t be able to play it on your controller , after you' ve tried it on GT Force Wheel (not to mention GT FORCE PRO).

It' s awesome.

Same goes for Ferrari F355 and any other well made ,running at 60 frames pers second, racing simulation game.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message