Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 You know, the Philisitines were actually pretty interesting
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
You know, the Philisitines were actually pretty interesting - Feb 09, 2009 12:19
And doesn't scared of anything.

On a serious note, I was actually doing some research about the Biblical World, and the ancient people: The Hittites, The Rephaim, The Nephilim, The Chaldeans, The Medians, The Akkadians, The Retenu(The Canaanites), The Amorites, The Phoenicians, The Philistines, Elam, Levant, Wilusa, Alashiya, The Libyan Tribes, Assuwa, Iberia, Medes, Colchis, Cimmerians, Scythians, Israel, Judea, Magan, Dilmun, The Elamites, Hellas, and The Dorians.

All of the above seem to have a logical and pretty thorough history about them, and what happened to them, except for The Nephilim, The Rephaim, The Philistines, The
Cherethites, The Aramaeans, The Hurrians(They just vanished from all text around the end of the Bronze Age), The Isuwans(They left no written history of their own, and were mentioned very little in any text), and The City of Washukanni.

All of the things listed in Bold seem to have a very interesting history about them- but nobody knows what happened to them, they all just disappeared from all text. It is believed, by SOME, that the Cherethities were the Philistines, yet it was said that the Philistines came from Caphtor, which refers to Crete and Cyprus and the Islands in between and around those two islands. It may, however, have been a part of Egypt, the Caphtur in the north Delta, since the Caphtorim were of the same race as the Mizraite people.

This is what I found about the Philistines. "Saith the LORD: Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and Aram from Kir?". Then again, in another book in the Bible- "For the LORD will spoil the Philistines, the remnant of the country of Caphtor."
<message edited by Zarathustra on Feb 09, 2009 12:46>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:You know, the Philisitines were actually pretty interesting - Feb 10, 2009 01:13

And doesn't scared of anything.
Burr is a pretty cool guy, eh fucks up memes and doesn't AFRAID of anything.
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:You know, the Philisitines were actually pretty interesting - Feb 10, 2009 09:39
I don't know what you're talking about Chef.....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll