Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wrestlmania 23 UK
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 11, 2007 22:36
I dont have Sky tv but somebody told me that WM23 is going to be shown on Sky Sports 1 and not box office!
Is this true?
If it is that saves me a tenner!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 12, 2007 01:54
Nope sky box office I am afraid.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 12, 2007 02:23
Why would anybody pay money to watch large sweaty men in small underwear pretending to fight?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 12, 2007 05:14
Because it' s wrestling and it' s some of the best entertainment on TV. You either like wrestling, understand and respect the athleticism involved or don’t like it. Despite being a wrestling fan for 11 years I still can’t explain the appeal to a none fan but have gotten into it in such a way that I’ve started training to become a wrestler myself.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 12, 2007 10:06

Despite being a wrestling fan for 11 years I still can’t explain the appeal to a none fan but have gotten into it in such a way that I’ve started training to become a wrestler myself.

Your name shall be Paul... the champion
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 16, 2007 19:49
Thats crap i hate box office!
Paul, your name shud be Paralyzer Paul!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 17, 2007 00:39

I still can’t explain the appeal to a none fan

I' m not a fan but the reason I liked wrestling was because it was a whole universe surrounding it. The characters, the people outside the ring, the mythos, the drama.
And I liked the acting. Wrestling is acting and I think they are usually good actors, at least the best are. It really difficult to do what they do and make it look so nice and easy. And they don' t get hurt too often.
It requires lots of skill.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 17, 2007 22:50
The best wrestlers are the best actors, easily. It' s not just ' acting' in how people think either. Sure it' s talking on the microphone, cutting good promos and being able to speak well but it' s acting in the matches as well. The best wrestlers are the ones who can convince you that they might be hurt or that they are really struggling to get to their feet and finish a match.

Any wrestler can do a bunch of fancy moves but the great wrestlers put all their effort into them and make them look special.

I' ve already got a wrestling name lined up. PS1, I thought it was genius. My initials are PS and the character thinks he’s number one at games. My finisher is going to be called the Mega Drive
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 17, 2007 23:04

Thats crap i hate box office!
Paul, your name shud be Paralyzer Paul!

Paraplegic Paul!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 18, 2007 00:36

I' ve already got a wrestling name lined up. PS1, I thought it was genius. My initials are PS and the character thinks he’s number one at games. My finisher is going to be called the Mega Drive

It IS genius!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Wrestlmania 23 UK - Mar 24, 2007 06:38
Wrestling is just entertainment...and it does it best to entertain. WM23 would be no exception.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll